• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Saphirax

I know (well it probably is now), wanna pre-download so it's ready for tomorrow, won't be able to go to a retail store until like 6:00pm either so not really fancying my chances of finding it quick.

Should be up in a few minutes or so. Then you can let the game download.

IrishNinja

damn, prime said mine was here in miami, now a carrier error or something has both mine & my roommate's tomorrow by 8p. ah well, here's to then!

tm24

Mine arrived today. (Figma sold separately)

C24trAxWgAEW7wY.jpg

YO THERES A KAZ FIGMA? I NEED IT

So does anyone have a good video or text plot summary for 3/4/5? I

Small correction on the OP, Virtua Fighter 2 is in Yakuza 5, Yakuza 6 has Virtua Fighter 5. :)

I was surprised to see that the game picked up my Ishin save and gave me a couple of items because of that, I didn't think they'd keep that in for the Western release.

I've played up to the beginning of Chapter 4 and I've been having a blast so far, it's a shame I still haven't unlocked
Majima's cabaret managing section
though, any idea when that's going to be available?

Small correction on the OP, Virtua Fighter 2 is in Yakuza 5, Yakuza 6 has Virtua Fighter 5. :)

I was surprised to see that the game picked up my Ishin save and gave me a couple of items because of that, I didn't think they'd keep that in for the Western release.

I've played up to the beginning of Chapter 4 and I've been having a blast so far, it's a shame I still haven't unlocked
Majima's cabaret managing section
though, any idea when that's going to be available?

I think its unlocked in chapter 7 or 8, since the first two chapters are just there to set up both characters. All the extra content will start unlocking around chapter 5 and up (I think).

Haha yes, that title is on the mark! I can't even count how much times I've seen that question in basically every Yakuza 0 thread. Hope the newcomers have fun with the game and can check out all the others if they liked it, it's an absolutely fantastic series. Also if this does well along with Kiwami, I hope they can bring Ishin! overseas next year with 6. Kinda doubt it but I can only hope.

t1gerjaw

I wish I could play the japanese version with english text.

Bought it way before it was announced for the west, and now I'm too broke to double dip.
:(

I think its unlocked in chapter 7 or 8, since the first two chapters are just there to set up both characters. All the extra content will start unlocking around chapter 5 and up (I think).

Perfect, thanks! I can just enjoy the story for a while before being sucked in by side activities then. :p

Kensuke

Tried to earn the 10 million to complete the batting challenge minigame for like 30m. Welp. The Super Gold Course is just too hard. You have to hit 6 targets to even make some money. And then the Sinker on the 7th always kills me.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Just saw the angry Joe review, what amazing game. Too bad I don't have a PS4 to play it, happy for you guys anyway.

Hopefully someday it will get a release in steam.

mileS

folks as this series finally takes off i think we're gonna have to admit Nugget was the real system seller here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCaySI6wRm4
this is another perfect example of a side quest. Pay more attention to the game text here. I love the fact that this game is packed full of these crazy missions, but also has a very powerful/serious main story. Somehow it all melds together for an absolutely insane perfect mixture.

Man so weird to see kiryu taking shit from yakuza bosses in this game

Yeah, makes sense though since he's the inexperience new guy in the game. Really can't wait to play this since I'm guessing this is the game that will make him "The Dragon of Dojima" that he's known as in his future appearances. :D

cj_iwakura

Didn't quite get as much done as I wanted, but I'm happy the character section turned out nice. Gonna try and at least conjure up a main banner right quick.

(I don't even know when I'll get the game, lol, but at very least I'll hit up my GS to try and cop that poster.)

If Amazon doesn't ship/update their status in 10 minutes, I'm going to pre-order on PSN. But I'm going to keep my order on Amazon to show my support. Thanks Amazon.

Ryuukan

man GameStop is letting people pick up all the big releases this week at 9pm today but no word about Yakuza 0

Hope they let me tonight

JPS Kai

Any tips for finding Mr. Shakedown (Kamurocho) without the Trouble Finder?

I've seen him a couple of times and he's sitting on about five billion yen of mine at the moment.

Top Bottom