• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tyler the Creator album announced - Scum Fuck Flower Boy

This is as absurd as saying the earth is flat to me.

Bounce I've read your post's, I know you're a hardcore Jay Z fan, but i can't understand your dislike for 4:44. I'll admit i'm not a Jay Z fan. I've never been a fan of his flow or his braggadocios style. I've always thought he was massively overrated. Yeah he's made bangers but always thought he was one dimensional and comes across insincere on tracks like song cry. On 4:44 i'm seeing a different side of him, someone how isn't just rapping about the game, drugs and money(he does mention quite a bit on 4:44). He feels more accessible.

Now I don't think Flower Boy is a bad album, but its not even in the same league as 4:44, lyrically and production 4:44 wins every time. I'm bored of tyler's schick and it's just more of the same old shit.

How old are you? 2?

the irony of this post

DJKhaled

Having listened to this a couple of times today I can honestly say this is nothing but trash. Production is good in places. You can hear the neptunes influnses. Dude can't rap and his content is wack. Call it a day. Cherry bomb was awful. He's got bastard and wolf that are decent, the rest of his catalog is awful. Time to join souja boy on the pile of insignificant hip hop trends
Yikes. This whole post is trash.

Also this is Tyler's best album so far probably. And I've been saying he fell off for years but this is dope.

Yikes. This whole post is trash.

Also this is Tyler's best album so far probably. And I've been saying he fell off for years but this is dope.

his biggest legacy is going to be increasing the queue's 10x at supreme stores.

there is a segment in fantano's review were he stiches together the hooks, and that is my exact issue with this record. It just sounds corny and cheap.

This album is really good and gets better on repeat listens. This is the direction Tyler needs to head towards. Consistent beats and consistent lyrics. He somehow was able to make Jaden Smith sound legit.
At least that felt consistent with tone of the album, Wayne up here with his stale ass baby formula 2007 raps sounding like Tyler was contractually obligated to feature him.
The thing is, it wasn't a long song. And personally I'm at a point where I'm not bothered by Wayne's style of rapping anymore. It's fine.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Dude this album is so good! Just finished my third play through. From start to finish it's a very cohesive, very consistent album. I also just read that Tyler produced the whole thing as well. Having not fully enjoyed his previous projects, and even being reluctant to give this a go - I gotta say it's a huge step up for him. Good stuff all around.

Dude this album is so good! Just finished my third play through. From start to finish it's a very cohesive, very consistent album. I also just read that Tyler produced the whole thing as well. Having not fully enjoyed his previous projects, and even being reluctant to give this a go - I gotta say it's a huge step up for him. Good stuff all around.
I'm pretty sure he's always produced his own stuff. He's got that Kanye factor: great rapping but godly production skills.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I'm pretty sure he's always produced his own stuff. He's got that Kanye factor: great rapping but godly production skills.

Yeah... or at least I recall him getting into production... but the production on this is something else. There are all kinds of horns, strings, and piano keys. Different melodies and all sorts of influences, but it still works. It's extremely well put together and just feels way more thoughtful and mature all around. I can understand some not vibing with it, but there's no denying the talent on display here.

I'm surprised the album isnt getting more love on here. Definitely his best work. Have had it on repeat since the album dropped. The whole fucking thing is amazing. See you again is my favorite track on the album.

Yes. This album is amazing and I love so much about it. Really should take #1 and I do my best to promote it... From my car while driving around. B-)

Rell

This is a damn good album. It's kind of a bummer that thematically things aren't as rowdy as they used to be, the Odd Future bravado was very endearing, but it makes sense that everyone is going to want to start playing their stuff straight rather than constantly goofing off.

I'm still waiting for Tyler or Earl to really blow up. They, and the rest of Odd Future during the heyday, were always on the cusp of being a household name. I'm not sure if they'll ever get there at this point considering they've already entered to "success is hollow and I am left emotionally unfulfilled" stage of their careers.

But you know they had a tv show and everything so maybe I'm just out of the loop.

Top Bottom