• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Sadly that new turian rifle is badly affected to lag. This and the poor travel speed of the projectile makes it like a slow rocket launcher rather than a true sniper. I feel I'm hitting grenande with more precision than this one when an enemy is moving.

Same feeling for the carabine : it doesn't feel like a shotgun, more like flamethrower

Now I'm a bit... cold on the new cerberus rifle. I just hope it's more... conventional maybe.

comrade

I bought 2 PSP's, and not ONE single new DLC item, not even a new piece of equipment.

I usually get good luck with my packages, but I've gotten nothing but old characters and useless old weapons, non-DLC even. I saved up another 200k or so and I'll try my luck again tomorrow. I got a good feeling that it has to do with my characters being promoted and being at Level 1 again.

Speaking of promoted, I had that promotion glitch for the first time where the character has -82 points, is Level 1, but still has all the points and weapons in place like they were before the promotion. It only happened on one character, and that character happened to be my Geth Infiltrator set to be a melee destroyer. So here I am on Silver, with a so-called Level 1 GI, just obliterating everything in my way, in first place - my teammates were probably wondering how I was pulling it of, hahaha...

I bought about 10 before getting my only new character. Luckily it's the Phoenix Adept and he is a beast.

I bought about 10 before getting my only new character. Luckily it's the Phoenix Adept and he is a beast.

I bought 15 and got 3 new characters cards. But 9 turian sniper cards and 8 Reegar carabine hehe also 3 ultra rares : a javelin and two black widow. They definitely improved the ultra rares drops

rozay

Banned
Sadly that new turian rifle is badly affected to lag. This and the poor travel speed of the projectile makes it like a slow rocket launcher rather than a true sniper. I feel I'm hitting grenande with more precision than this one when an enemy is moving.

Same feeling for the carabine : it doesn't feel like a shotgun, more like flamethrower

Now I'm a bit... cold on the new cerberus rifle. I just hope it's more... conventional maybe.
It's nice, but the ammo is going to be a serious issue unless you have the gun at a high level. Extremely accurate, steady rate of fire with a 20 shot clip, but only 80 shots in reserve at level 1. I was constantly running back to ammo boxes while trying to kill enemies.

AlStrong

ugh... I really hate the "whips-out" animation for smash. Makes it bloody useless being vulnerable for that long. Range is too shitty to do anything against Pyros too.

Sai

Endured a Gold match with a crazy Human Vanguard that just kept on Charging and Nova'n around the map. The rest, except for one Geth Engineer, were pretty incompetent. I got tired of babysitting and just did my own thing after a while.

After all that nonsense, I complete the objective of Wave 10, about to wrap the round up after getting rid of a few more Primes, and the ME3 servers go down.

Argh, etc.

exYle

Any tips for using Phoenix Vanguard? Right now, my plan is to go 6/6/6/3/5 (I'm level 15), and spec for Charging -> H. Melee -> Smash, as well as Lash -> Smash. Decent plan?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ugh... I really hate the "whips-out" animation for smash. Makes it bloody useless being vulnerable for that long. Range is too shitty to do anything against Pyros too.
Never try it with an adept unless you're flanking.

Also, you have to take advantage of the fact that Smash goes through walls and that it can be aimed up or down which lets you dominate ledges.

Replicant

Was in the middle of buying stuff when the server went down. Good job, Bioware/PSN. Now I wonder if I lost the credit or if the items will be there when the server is back again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are the servers down on PC? Seems like it... can't connect to EA servers.

Also, i kinda miss the Reave sound now. It wasnt as annoying on the Justicar as on the Drell Adept, and i kinda liked how i could know when Reave was finished on a target, or if i hit multiple targets at once(since it did more noise the more were affected).

Now its complete silence, it feels weird!

Reece

Since the servers are down can we talk about how the patch has not fixed some of the problems it claims to have fixed? I've personally experienced that Ultra light materials aren't really working, Vanguards still get to fly, and i still occasionally see people firing their weapons when they aren't. I'm 100% sure I have the patch because when I check in the configurer it says v 1.03. Anyone else experiencing this stuff?

Stantron

Dying while doing the biotic charge needs to be fixed ASAP. It basically makes you useless for the rest of the match because you're studdering everywhere. Also, sometimes I need to spam the button before the charge comes out. So annoying.

rozay

Banned
Dying while doing the biotic charge needs to be fixed ASAP. It basically makes you useless for the rest of the match because you're studdering everywhere. Also, sometimes I need to spam the button before the charge comes out. So annoying.
you should just avoid playing vanguard unless you're host :/

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Since the servers are down can we talk about how the patch has no fixed some of the problems it claims to have fixed? I've personally experienced that Ultra light materials aren't really working, Vanguards still get fly, and i still occasionally see people firing their weapons when they aren't. I'm 100% sure I have the patch because when I check in the configurer it says v 1.03. Anyone else experiencing this stuff?

Dunno about the first two, but I've also seen people firing off their weapons. Looks pretty trippy when they're holding the Reegar.

metalshade

Ran into a weird glitch or something on xbox today.
2 players in the random squad were respawning.
Everytime they died, they just respawned back at the insertion point.
I had died and bled out, so I was able to watch them for a while, and they did it again and again.
They were able to do it in every subsequent round, and on the next match too.
Anyone else seen this?
Is it a glitch or a hack or what?

Divvy

I had died and bled out, so I was able to watch them for a while, and they did it again and again.
Anyone else seen this?

It's happened to me once or twice. But it didn't last more than one round.

DY_nasty

Any tips for using Phoenix Vanguard? Right now, my plan is to go 6/6/6/3/5 (I'm level 15), and spec for Charging -> H. Melee -> Smash, as well as Lash -> Smash. Decent plan?
I wouldn't bother with a melee build for anything cerberus. They don't have any real melee bonuses outside of fitness. The biggest perk of vanguard is the great survivability that Charge brings. It allows you to set off the biotic effect of Smash as well as bullshit up close without the threat of getting knocked the fuck out.

Mindlog

I have both new weapons at X and the Cerberus Rifle at I. Generally I agree with the consensus that the Krysae is crazy overpowered. It's too easy for a level I Krysae to post a respectable score and I've had no problem dominating with my Krysae X. Lag has given me the -1 ammo bug and perhaps a wasted clip or two. Other than that it's basically a rocket launcher. I kind of don't like how it outperforms so many other weapons. The nerf it's going to get means I will probably never use it again. They really need to differentiate the Striker/Falcon/Krysae.

I'm currently trying to run the Harrier with an extra ammo laden Batarian Soldier. Trying to keep him supplied with ammo is still an issue.

My Gold matches as of late have been filled with genuinely great players. My last game was a sub 20m Cerb/Giant/Gold match.

For the Vanguard fix I wish they would just implement a 1 minute reset kill zone for players off the standard playing field.

AlStrong

Never try it with an adept unless you're flanking.

I've got the vanguard, but would you then suggest charging and smashing? Still takes forever for the smash to do anything. :|

Basically, most of the time, I've got nothing good for armoured units except for Brutes, Banshees, and sometimes Ravagers. I feel pretty useless against pyros, primes, and Atlases. :s

It also doesn't help that it takes so long to get lash upgraded and usable against shielded units. :/

Also, you have to take advantage of the fact that Smash goes through walls and that it can be aimed up or down which lets you dominate ledges.

I do when I can, but there's a bit of an issue on the more open maps. :p I just hate having to fall back on the gun. :/

edit: servers still down for me.

Replicant

Anyone else seen this?

It happened to me twice on WGG. Not sure what triggered it though.

Divvy

Vorcha + Falcon on WGG owns. You pretty much can push entire groups of geth back away from you while your team picks them off. Any primes that get close get a face full of fire. The fact that your health regens so quickly lets you stand from cover way longer than anyone else can ,giving you plenty of time to dish out the pain.

DY_nasty

I've got the vanguard, but would you then suggest charging and smashing? Still takes forever for the smash to do anything. :|

Basically, most of the time, I've got nothing good for armoured units except for Brutes, Banshees, and sometimes Ravagers. I feel pretty useless against pyros, primes, and Atlases. :s

It also doesn't help that it takes so long to get lash upgraded and usable against shielded units. :/

I do when I can, but there's a bit of an issue on the more open maps. :p I just hate having to fall back on the gun. :/

edit: servers still down for me.
Goddess sucks. Forever.

But as always, never lead with Charge. Unless you're right in the middle of tornado, you shouldn't die before Smash completes. Atlases and Primes turn waaay too slow to really fuck with you.

exYle

Alright, I've been practicing with my Cerbguard and I think I've found a good routine.
For most footsoldiers, I just simply Lash + Smash. Insta-death, low risk.
For some of the tougher enemies (e.g, Pyros) I go Charge > Heavy Melee > Smash. If I time it right, the enemy will be stun locked the entire time.
For the boss enemies, I get it to follow me around a corner and then I Smash the fuck out of it. Since I upgraded Smash with setting up a Biotic Detonation AND extra Armor/Barrier damage, it does a crapton of damage to just about anything and if I need an out, I just Charge, causing a detonation, and bail.
There are still a few enemies that really chew me up, like Turrets, or multiple Pyros at the same time.

Tzeentch

The new Kyrahae sniper rifle paired with my Vorcha Soldier is BEAST. I feel like a gibbering one man army of mini-rocket launching death. Just make sure to use the sniper rifle clip expansion! I unlocked the Reegar and the Cerberus vanguard but meh, I can't seem to get the hang of the lash and smash shenanigans :(

And the Goddess map has somewhat grown on me. Lots of hidey holes and with a competent group (read: moves as a group in a circle) it's REALLY easy. Still stand by my statement that it was designed as a conventional Deathmatch map though. Too much flow.

Jade is great but the insertion point ramp is almost too good of a camp spot.

Overall very happy with the free xpac. Already seeing some community fatigue though, games are already harder to get into, afkers are WAAAYYY more common (like one every three games now on XBOX at night - it's ridiculous), and it seems to take twice as long to get a good group formed up even for Silver.

-viper-

Banned
Fininshed my exams. I feel it is now time to pick up ME3 on the PS3.

But I wanted to ask some questions. First of all, is multiplayer good?

Secondly, how important is multiplayer for single player?

Third, do people still play this game online?

Gui_PT

Fininshed my exams. I feel it is now time to pick up ME3 on the PS3.

But I wanted to ask some questions. First of all, is multiplayer good?

Secondly, how important is multiplayer for single player?

Third, do people still play this game online?

Multiplayer is AWESOME, especially if you play with a team of 4.

A lot of people play this.

And you don't really need MP to get the "extra" ending. But it's bad anyway so who cares.

I'd say most people here agree they enjoy the MP more than the SP

Edit: Got an N7 Hurricane out of the Commendation pack. It's no Valiant but it's not too bad

I'm trying to play this on the PC and seem to be running into a bug saying I don't have connection to the EA servers when I clearly do. According to the Bioware forums the workaround for it is to be asked to join a players game. Would anybody on here be kind enough to invite me to a game? My Origin name is Immovable_Force.

The new Kyrahae sniper rifle paired with my Vorcha Soldier is BEAST. I feel like a gibbering one man army of mini-rocket launching death. Just make sure to use the sniper rifle clip expansion! I unlocked the Reegar and the Cerberus vanguard but meh, I can't seem to get the hang of the lash and smash shenanigans :(

And the Goddess map has somewhat grown on me. Lots of hidey holes and with a competent group (read: moves as a group in a circle) it's REALLY easy. Still stand by my statement that it was designed as a conventional Deathmatch map though. Too much flow.

Jade is great but the insertion point ramp is almost too good of a camp spot.

Overall very happy with the free xpac. Already seeing some community fatigue though, games are already harder to get into, afkers are WAAAYYY more common (like one every three games now on XBOX at night - it's ridiculous), and it seems to take twice as long to get a good group formed up even for Silver.
Can you really blame them at this point? I've spent 400k credits since Tuesday and I haven't gotten a single new dlc item.

Bisnic

I never ever see afkers on PC. Seriously, i think i may have seen only 2 or 3 of them and it was in the first weeks following the launch of the game and i usually play 2-3-4 games everyday. Sure, sometimes i see one guy afk, but its like for 2 mins only(phone or bio, who knows... things happen). Is that an Xbox thing?

Can you really blame them at this point? I've spent 400k credits since Tuesday and I haven't gotten a single new dlc item.

Yeah, I think they need to up the rate by which you earn credits. In fact, it looks to me like it's been decreased: I used to earn around 35k per Silver match, give or take, but now I'm lucky if I hit 30k.

Bisnic

Yeah, I think they need to up the rate by which you earn credits. In fact, it looks to me like it's been decreased: I used to earn around 35k per Silver match, give or take, but now I'm lucky if I hit 30k.

I dont remember the last time i ever got 35k from Silver. It was always around 30k-31k.

Anyone else seen this?

It's happened to me once or twice. But it didn't last more than one round.

It happened to me twice on WGG. Not sure what triggered it though.

It's a glitch on the Firebase White map. If you get downed in between the door way in the back of the room, you will fall through the map and be automatically revived at the insertion point.

Top Bottom