• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

i need a new microsd for my sam gal 8 so maybe it's worth jumping on that

i will probably buy so much more amazon crap when the shipping doesn't work out to be insane

Fucking JB Hi Fi sent the XBO version of South Park FBW even though I ordered the PS4 version. Arseholes. Along with using shit-stains at Toll they keep fucking basic things like this up.

Recreat3

Fucking JB Hi Fi sent the XBO version of South Park FBW even though I ordered the PS4 version. Arseholes. Along with using shit-stains at Toll they keep fucking basic things like this up.

Never had a problem with jb to be honest.

Guys i jusr saw on ozbargain that Super Mario odyssey will launch with a price of $62! At big w atleast. Pro controller will be going for $85, which is $4 cheaper than the regular price. Might pick up a pro controller on saturday so i can warm up for friday :)

jambo

GIpIC9W.gif

Thanks again.

Quasar

So...EA killed another studio. Not a surprise given their history. Still sad though.

Doubly so as the Hennig Star Wars game was the one Star Wars game since 1313 that I cared about. I guess now its being turned into another multiplayer games as a service piece of bullshit.

I do wonder where the AAA space is headed if that's all they care about. I mean if people are like the COD of old just choosing a single service to play forever, just how many of such things can the market support.

So...EA killed another studio. Not a surprise given their history. Still sad though.

Doubly so as the Hennick Star Wars game was the one Star Wars game since 1313 that I cared about. I guess now its being turned into another multiplayer games as a service piece of bullshit.

I do wonder where the AAA space is headed if that's all they care about. I mean if people are like the COD of old just choosing a single service to play forever, just how many of such things can the market support.

This isn't AAA, this is EA doing what EA always does. The number of times they have gutted EA LA over the years, downsized, upsized, rebranded again and again and somehow made a game or two along the way (though never huge sellers)

I mean EA, who, when John Ricitello became CEO bought newly merged Bioware Pandemic (partly owned by John Ricitello) and then started acing the Pandemic parts a year or so later and dozens of studios.

Fuck you Atari and
screw EA, too.

This isn't AAA, this is EA doing what EA always does. The number of times they have gutted EA LA over the years, downsized, upsized, rebranded again and again and somehow made a game or two along the way (though never huge sellers)

I mean EA, who, when John Ricitello became CEO bought newly merged Bioware Pandemic (partly owned by John Ricitello) and then started acing the Pandemic parts a year or so later and dozens of studios.

Fuck you Atari and
screw EA, too.
In light of this and other recent developments at EA, I'm reminded of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Shaneus

Fuck you Atari and
screw EA, too.
The Saboteur still stings :/

EA are without a doubt the most openly capitalist publisher out there. Only funny thing is how shit they are at it. Activision & Ubisoft have down way better at leveraging their assets to maximise profit. Without FUT they'd be fucked.

TheBear

Just moved to a new area with NBN and the speed absolutely sucks, can't play Destiny or watch Netflix. Speed hovers between 2-6mbps. what are my options?

Just moved to a new area with NBN and the speed absolutely sucks, can't play Destiny or watch Netflix. Speed hovers between 2-6mbps. what are my options?

ACCC, but to be honest the whole system is full of people trying to do it on the cheap and cutting corners. The whole lot needs resetting. The NBN came to my place in May, I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole, sticking to VDSL2+ atm.

RevenWolf

ACCC, but to be honest the whole system is full of people trying to do it on the cheap and cutting corners. The whole lot needs resetting. The NBN came to my place in May, I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole, sticking to VDSL2+ atm.

It's coming to my area next year. Now I'm just dreading it. I worked at the telecommunications ombudsman for awhile, you don't want to know half the complaints I've heard.

radaxian

I'm the lucky counter example, had ADSL2+ @ 12Mbps switched to NBN FTTN and am getting 94Mbps. I can see a node within about 200m, which must be mine I guess.

I'm the lucky counter example, had ADSL2+ @ 12Mbps switched to NBN FTTN and am getting 94Mbps. I can see a node within about 200m, which must be mine I guess.

The closest NBN node I can find is about 200-300m away, cable distance is obviously more, and even though my VDSL2+ node is supposedly 1.1km away, I'm not risking my rock solid 42 Mbps with no sign whatsoever of congestion for NBN potluck.

Shaneus

Holy shit this TV is pretty damned amazing. It's actually a shame that this is the TV for the living room and no real gaming will be done on it. At least Stranger Things S2 should look dope.

Guess I'll need to look at that Hisense 50 inch Series 7 as a gaming telly, it's supposed to be pretty good.

Holy shit this TV is pretty damned amazing. It's actually a shame that this is the TV for the living room and no real gaming will be done on it. At least Stranger Things S2 should look dope.

Guess I'll need to look at that Hisense 50 inch Series 7 as a gaming telly, it's supposed to be pretty good.

What'd you end up grabbing?

Quasar

Yeah. RSPs trying to do it on a shoestring offering unlimited plans to as many users as they can stuff, whilst only buying limited bandwidth due to the stupid way NBN Co charges RPS with the CVC and all that.

One reason why I was pretty careful about choosing a provider and went with one that didn't offer Unlimited plans and seemed to be making an effort to provides users with a decent amount of bandwidth. So even at peak times I seem to get 80 mbps. I do have a fibre connection though.

bomma_man

I have FTTP but my speed sucks. Think it might be my shitty router/wireless interference more than anything though. Feels like I have to manually switch channels every couple of months.

Any recommendations for a good, reasonably cheap, router?

I'm currently on Optus HFC on their "100Mb" plan. I usually get 85-100Mb down and about 1.5Mb up which is normal for that plan. I have NBN install (which will also be on HFC in my area, sadly) scheduled for Monday and to be honest I'm not looking forward to it. But, Optus threatened to cut me off early November so what are you gonna do.

Over the past couple of months I've been recording tests against Speedtest (both my closest server, and a US west coast landing point for the Southern Cross cable) every 15 minutes, so I'll have a decent baseline to compare against once the cutover is done.

I also plan to put the supplied router straight back in the box if I can get everything working again with my Nighthawk router.

jambo

Who's keen for an AdelaideGAF meetup on the 10th of November? It's a Friday night and Marsh is coming over for a gig. Thinking dinner/drinks before the gig.

legend166

We're getting FTTC in April-Jun next year so I'm very interested to see how that does. Currently on ADSL2+ getting about 3.5mbps (since we're pretty far from the exchange) so can't do much worse really.

I'm currently on Optus HFC on their "100Mb" plan. I usually get 85-100Mb down and about 1.5Mb up which is normal for that plan. I have NBN install (which will also be on HFC in my area, sadly) scheduled for Monday and to be honest I'm not looking forward to it. But, Optus threatened to cut me off early November so what are you gonna do.

Over the past couple of months I've been recording tests against Speedtest (both my closest server, and a US west coast landing point for the Southern Cross cable) every 15 minutes, so I'll have a decent baseline to compare against once the cutover is done.

I also plan to put the supplied router straight back in the box if I can get everything working again with my Nighthawk router.
Pre-NBN: Telstra cable @ 115 Mbps downstream in peak (highest speed plan)

Post-NBN: Telstra HFC @ ~ 30 Mbps downstream in peak (highest speed plan)

Same cost. Hope your experience is better. I'm hoping that mine will eventually improve.

hamchan

You ever get the feeling of “wow I want to spend a shitload of money right now” but when you look at something gaming related to buy you just can’t find anything you really want?

Same cost. Hope your experience is better. I'm hoping that mine will eventually improve.
Wonderful. I expect I'll be in a similar situation. I'm not going to pay for a 100Mb "speed pack" if I'm only getting 50Mb, that's for sure. That's also why I'm capturing speedtests for the connection to my closest server and to one in the US.

For some reason Centrelink has spontaneously decided to it needs to know information about pay slips from 4 years ago because it got confused that I ended working at a place, then got an unrelated job at a different branch of the same institution 5 months later and therefore thinks I was working continuously over the whole period. Especially headscratching since I wasn't receiving anything from centrelink over this period. It wants the precise breakdown of every payslip over that 12 month period, as if I just have those lying around. They already know how much I earned because of my tax information!

senahorse

Exactly what I am expecting here. Currently get 115Mbps all day long, I don't think many use cable in this area. Once 'NBN' comes around in a few months it will push everyone on to the cable network, and being a shared medium expecting speeds to plummet, what a farce this whole thing is.

I still have my Unreal Tournament box from 1999 with the sale price sticker of $89 on it.

Would be $140 in todays money.

Kids these days.

I remember when PS3/360 were new and the sticker price for new games was like 129.99 at EB. And this was before JB came to Hobart and the other companies started price wars over games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom