• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Nabs

Today is the day for the W10 Fall Update and Humble UWP bundle. Looks like it's going to be a great day today.

Uraizen

Banned
We must all accept that DMC 5 will pull a sonic generations where you can play old dante and new dante in OG Devil May Cry and DmC levels. It will be a glorious mess that everyone will love-hate until the end of time.

Okay, but will Itsuno create it or will they give it to NT again?

Jimrpg

I can’t decide whether to buy The Witcher 3 Expansion Pass (already have the base) on GOG or The Witcher 3 GOTY on steam. They are the same price in my country because Steam has regional pricing.

I have already finished the base game but I read somewhere I can use the same save files for the Steam game. I guess it doesn’t really matter unless I want the Steam trading cards.

Battlechili

Banned
I played more Blue Reflection today after having put it aside for DRV3 and Doki Doki Literature Club (which you should totally play if you haven't already) for the past while.

Why is this game soooooo good? Its so incredibly relaxing and mellow. Just walking around the school talking to people is fun because the classrooms and general school atmosphere are all really well put together to the point of being extremely immersive as a highschool environment. The little background chatter, the detail put into each of the classrooms (and character models), the fact that you can get on your phone and text message people...I love it.
And Hinako is adorable.
1e7c.png
It makes me sad that this seems to be doing the poorest of the Gust games currently on PC. Its genuine GOTY material.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't the publishers choose? Some games unlock at midnight on Steam, some I can VPN earlier and some (Like Elex) are at 10am PST.

Yeah, but it's a manual process, which is why even worldwide unlocks at midnight anywhere are rare and rolling unlocks are more limited still to AAA games from select publishers with a multinational presence as somebody has to be around to flip switches. It's archaic.

Here's hoping Ubi's blatant and somewhat successful attempt to steal Steam pre-orders of South Park lights a fire under somebody's arse.

My first watch dogs online hacker is now defeated. That was a really good feeling. I'd been avoiding them for the most part, and truth be told, this one invaded me. There are so many online variations I'm not sure which is which when it pops up, so I let it be.

I have up on avoiding using guns after the motel invasion. Some situations are impossible without. What those media people and other pacifists did had to have been leg shots so you get the "incapacitated" enemy, but not technically a true kill.

My Aiden has become a vehicular manslaughter and explosives expert. It feels cartoony enough and whoopsy you triggered my trap, etc. Makes me feel better about him. I still stealth through the gang hide outs which feels good. Multiple cutscenes refer to you "killing everyone" so the game's narrative is clearly set.

This game is so self serious it's unbelievable. Funny that the dedsec motif was in the first game but not focused on and the second one turned it up to ten and made, what sounds like a better game.

Ludens

Banned
Humble hitting me with the Euro Truck Sim email. I see you. I also bought shit. Whatever. I'll take this free ETS1.

No one knows. This is an exciting time for all of us.

What email? Are they sending free copies of Euro Truck Simulator? Also I have a question. A friend gifted me Amazing Spider-Man, but it's a RU key. The game activated fine, but what is the language? Is there italian here, or at least english?

Nabs

What email? Are they sending free copies of Euro Truck Simulator? Also I have a question. A friend gifted me Amazing Spider-Man, but it's a RU key. The game activated fine, but what is the language? Is there italian here, or at least english?

You get a free copy of ETS if you buy something from the truck sim sale. I've been enjoying ETS2 a bunch, so I bought Going East for 2 bucks. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/truck-simulator-sale/

Jimrpg

ETS2 is still so good I haven't moved onto ATS yet, I wish I had more time to play, there's so much content between the expansions and mods...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doki Doki screwed up my Steam game recommendations. Same thing happened after Hatoful Boyfriend. Dang.

Valve's historically been against the idea of allowing users to erase playtime, but it'd be a very simple way for users to eliminate noise from their pool of games the recommendation systems draw data from.

Ionic

Valve's historically been against the idea of allowing users to erase playtime, but it'd be a very simple way for users to eliminate noise from their pool of games the recommendation systems draw data from.

It'd probably be less convoluted if instead there was just a "don't factor this game into my recommendations" button.

Uzzy

It has cute girls just get it
And go play doki doki literature club, you're go na like the characters in it

I agree with this. You should play Doki Doki Literature Club zkylon, it's a cute wholesome slice of life visual novel, with lovely characters.

I kinda want playing Cosmic Star Heroine, but I'm already playing 5 games at the same time and would play even more when i'll back home and start new South Park. This year is packed with great games, I'm barely managing to play games from my backlog.

lazerfox

Since Witcher 3 GOTY is only 20 bucks right now I might double dip and replay it.

What are some essential mods which would make it a fairly different experience?

data

It warns against using LZX for files that are used regularly so any of the other three should be okay, with 16k being the most compressed.

Went with 8K for Cuphead, I feel like boss battles start faster after compression. Tried it with FF9 also, it feels faster except for a random encounter which took 19 seconds to load compared to 14 seconds before I compressed. But that may be because pre-compression it loaded the frogs and after compression it was an Ionite.

xist

I'm just catching up on some non-PC gaming that's in my backlog....and woah, there's very little actual gameplay in MGS4. Just going through Act 5 now and I can't ever see myself wanting to touch this again, whereas I'd happily replay the others. And I know nano-machines was the key word in the story...but thus far I'm almost bored by it, which again compared to the other games (aside from the portable ones) is shocking for me.

Also, Jawmuncher's rendition of Dino Crisis in MS Paint has touched me deeply....I almost shed a solitary tear....

Played a bit of Warframe yesterday and its totally different from when it launched.
I played it for 2 hours when it launched with my best friend and at that time it was just random missions withou any story sewn together and quite linear. It felt more like a cover shooter at that time.

Now it feels quite different and its fun.
Though from what I heard the longer you play, the more grindey it will get.

I'm just catching up on some non-PC gaming that's in my backlog....and woah, there's very little actual gameplay in MGS4. Just going through Act 5 now and I can't ever see myself wanting to touch this again, whereas I'd happily replay the others.

I dont get why people even voted that as their GOTY. While the cutscenes and story was presented well, the actual gameplay was a step back from MGS2/3 as in open terrains. Besides Shadow Moses every act felt like linear levels (especially 3, worst act ever).

derFeef

I started Warframe again 3 weeks ago. Played 40hrs since and it's totally consuming my small gaming time. Shit is good (but yeah, grindy)

xist

I dont get why people even voted that as their GOTY. While the cutscenes and story was presented well, the actual gameplay was a step back from MGS2/3 as in open terrains. Besides Shadow Moses every act felt like linear levels (especially 3, worst act ever).

I feel that even the story isn't that great (granted I've not finished it yet). With distance from it's release and reception I can't believe how lauded it was. At least Act 3 tried something different... my biggest gripe is how boring all the boss battles are, which is incredible for an MGS game.I'm just glad I'm almost done.

oipic

Today would be a fitting day for Humble Indie Bundle 19 - what better way to reassure us that it's business as usual at Humble. Too soon?

That Elex review where reviewer complains about problems with finding Trainers to learn abilities is something else, it actually almost sold me on game

Xater

That Elex review where reviewer complains about problems with finding Trainers to learn abilities is something else, it actually almost sold me on game

Yeah, that's definitely not something that would bother me. That's a totally fine way to handle character progression. Also doesn't seem like they completely got the system.

I think that was Playstation something. Speaking of that, it is telling how PC reviewers so far have given the game a 73 but PS4 reviewers so far have given it a 59. Maybe PC gamers are more lenient with jank.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide -- MB-8F05849C9870C099 - Taken by Regginator
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-256C9514095919FD - Taken by Vuze
Lethal League -- MB-88CA5BA1DFC35E8D - Taken by D3RANG3D
Tempest: Pirate Action RPG -- MB-1EA46AA4163D21CF - Taken by Demon Lizardman
Warhammer Space Wolf -- MB-F12D060ECB71AF04 - Taken by Zeeman
Yet Another Zombie Defense -- MB-BCDDC4F8D3C2E5D5 - Taken by Jalal

derFeef

Just a warning that Gamestar's review of Elex is probably to be taken with a grain of salt.
(same parent company as the developer or something, I forgot the details)

Just a warning that Gamestar's review of Elex is probably to be taken with a grain of salt.
(same parent company as the developer or something, I forgot the details)

I recall that back when Rock Band and Dance Central were still popular, GameTrailers had to open their reviews of those games with a disclaimer about both their site and Harmonix being owned by Viacom. I would imagine that Gamespot would do the same.

So Guild of Dungeoneering is really good. Tizoc gave me a copy over the weekend and I put 13 hours into it and finished it. It is frustrating at first but once you get the strategy down it is quite rewarding. I will probably pick up the DLC when they are on sale. I highly recommend it.

Top Bottom