• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

The Bahamas HCT actually have some great series SeemsGood

protip to had great heartstone games: dominant aggro deck got banned

its being helpful many contestant not update to meta yet that aggro shamy still absurd

Dart

I did it! I reached legend rank for the first time!

My patience with Priest has paid off. :)

7puxlEV.png

vall03

Man, with the recent talk about the newly revealed cards and meta predictions, is Ladder and Tournament viability the only measure to say that a class/deck is good? I know people joke about how certain classes are "dead" but they are far from unplayable that people seem to throw around. I'm actually doing fine with a lot of the decks that I'm playing even when playing against the top meta decks. But then again, this is coming from someone who has no interest in climbing the ladder and I'm doing completely fine with the supposed low tier garbage deck that is listed everywhere.

Man, with the recent talk about the newly revealed cards and meta predictions, is Ladder and Tournament viability the only measure to say that a class/deck is good? I know people joke about how certain classes are "dead" but they are far from unplayable that people seem to throw around. I'm actually doing fine with a lot of the decks that I'm playing even when playing against the top meta decks. But then again, this is coming from someone who has no interest in climbing the ladder and I'm doing completely fine with the supposed low tier garbage deck that is listed everywhere.
Yes.

Rogue gets another excellent tempo/removal/control card.

Paladin gets another slow/shitty/unplayable buff card.

Yup. It's Hearthstone.

Paladin salt towards rogue cards? Unimaginable!

As someone who plays both sides, rogue has gotten tons of mediocre cards, way worse than dinosize. That card btw, it's not unplayable. It might not be good enough. We'll see. But it at least serves some clear purpose.

manhack

Normally I'd agree with you. I used to climb rather easily with all of the off meta decks. I've even made it as high as rank 3 with Shaman when it was the worst class in the game. Whenever people would call certain decks "garbage" I would happily climb with them and complete quests. However I don't feel the same these days past rank 15 or so.

This meta makes it a lot harder to climb with off meta deck due to Pirate Warrior, Reno decks, Jades and Dragon Priest. All of these decks are the most refined versions of their respective archetype and Jade Druid crushes any random control deck you can imagine while Pirate Warrior punishes bad draws, slow starts or any deck not tuned to beat aggro.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
8 damage conditional charge for 8 just isn't good. And hard removal is too prominent to expect the minion to stick that late in the game.

King Krush sucks and so does that card.

Great series for Frozen and xhope.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I can't see much interest in Murlocs in Paladin without Anyfin being in the Standard pool. Obviously the deck will continue to be great in Wild, but without that huge burst combo, Dinosizing and using Finja isn't really a good substitute unless we see more in the set. We'll see. Hydrologist shows they are still giving murlocs to Paladin so maybe they'll get more support.

gutshot

If you Dinosize a Bluegill with Warleader on board, it would end up with 12 attack, right? Sets the Attack to 10 and then gets the Warleader's +2? That is some pretty good burst for 8 mana, if you can pull the Murlocs with Finja.

If you Dinosize a Bluegill with Warleader on board, it would end up with 12 attack, right? Sets the Attack to 10 and then gets the Warleader's +2? That is some pretty good burst for 8 mana, if you can pull the Murlocs with Finja.

Set means it overrides the current stats entirely. Anything hit by dinosize, including enemy minions, would be made a 10/10 regardless of stats before it.

Technically dinosize works against

images

Crosseyes

Banned
Man I chose b787 because he was fun to watch before.

Seems my tournament choices are as bad as my laddering ones to always play the 'underdog' classes and decks when it comes to results lol.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We thought that after wotog and LOE as well, then we got the two worst expansions.
I can understand people not liking the balance of the sets, but I'm surprised you're upset at their conceptual design.

They do still contain significant new mechanics that see play, especially Gadgetzan.

gutshot

Set means it overrides the current stats entirely. Anything hit by dinosize, including enemy minions, would be made a 10/10 regardless of stats before it.

Technically dinosize works against

images

Yeah, but Warleader is an aura effect so it wouldn't override it. Your Bluegill would become a 10/10 and then Warleader's aura would apply making it a 12/11. At least, that is what I'm assuming will happen but I could be wrong.

FeD.nL

Yeah, but Warleader is an aura effect so it wouldn't override it. Your Bluegill would become a 10/10 and then Warleader's aura would apply making it a 12/11. At least, that is what I'm assuming will happen but I could be wrong.

You are correct. Same thing happens with Keeper of Uldaman.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Warleader is an aura so it will add additional stats on top of a direct set effect like Dinosize. So Warleader would make it 12 damage.

I didn't realize your question entirely. You're right.

edit:
Seems like a win more situation though. If you're able to spend 8 mana on a turn after finja summons both warleader and bluegill, then there might be more flexible cards with similar impact in those situations - like blessing of kings and might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom