• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well my switch should arrive next week but the amFilm screen protector and the updated butterfox case already arrived. I'm impressed with the case. Looks like it'll protect my switch from falls and it can hold accessories and games. Pretty impressed with the quality and it fits my needs perfectly since I'm going with mostly physical games. I also like how the logo isn't prominent anywhere. You wouldn't know it was a switch case at first glance. I managed to snipe the all black one when it was $11.99.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WVCWY41/?tag=neogaf0e-20

SRTtoZ

Whoa. I got an email from Mr WaterField himself. I told him my concerns about the fit with the analog sticks and whether I would get the case in time for my trip. He assured me the field test went really well and that my case was in the first batch and might ship early. Now that's what I call service!

Nice to know someone respects me around here. :p

Thats why I like this company so much. I remember back when I got my Vita case from them he emailed me personally and asked me to write a testimonial and ended up giving me a discount code for future purposes. Just bought the City Slicker form them but it wont ship until next week :/ I've been using the official cheapo case but its such a tight fit and offers very little protection so its time to upgrade.

TwiztidElf

Up until now, I've been rocking the bulky red case with the Mario M on it in a white circle.
It's ok, but I find it a little too bulky. The switch has room to move around inside the case.

I'm looking to get something that is a hard case, a little more compact, fits the Switch a little more snuggly with the joycons attached. I don't care about space for cartridge storage or extra controllers.

Does anyone have any experience with the official case below? I think it will satisfy my needs, but I'd love to confirm before purchase.
wC7rO7U.jpg

Giolon

Up until now, I've been rocking the bulky red case with the Mario M on it in a white circle.
It's ok, but I find it a little too bulky. The switch has room to move around inside the case.

I'm looking to get something that is a hard case, a little more compact, fits the Switch a little more snuggly with the joycons attached. I don't care about space for cartridge storage or extra controllers.

Does anyone have any experience with the official case below? I think it will satisfy my needs, but I'd love to confirm before purchase.

I have this case, and it's a soft case. Holds 6 carts. Fairly slim. It's adequate protection for putting the Switch in my bag, but I always have to concious of too much weight on it since the case isn't hard.

It's trash. It's too snug a fit, there's marks on the inside from where the analogue sticks are pressed against the lining. Very disappointing for a first-party accessory.

Just got my WaterField pouch in the mail and...I mean, wow. It's a rare instance of exceeding my wildest expectations. It's a perfect fit, it's furry-padded(!), there's ample room for cables and games/extra JoyCons, and it looks good. So good.

WaterField Pouch

I got the brown waxed canvas and to my delight, it's a lot darker in person. Considering this will be carrying what is essentially my main home console, I'm happy to spend the extra money for a premium solution, though I feel like this was an absolute steal at $50 considering the quality.

EDIT: Pics!

i took mine to korea, and it stayed in the back seat pocket the entire plane ride back and forth. Switch was fine. I got the black ballistics nylon one. I would say a very good pouch fit in my EDC backpack perfectly.

jbueno

Got my Switch today, directed here by other thread. Plenty of useful info ITT, just want a simple case with no game artwork or decals.

VeeP

I bought a Butterfox case from Amazon recently. Fairly roomy, I can fit a charging wire and Joycon Controller in there, and it seem's high quality for the price.

lucius

I got the Pecham Switch case on Amazon, I got the grey one that is the same color as joycons, it looks good and was cheap but I wouldn't call it a hard case, it's not exactly a soft case either. I wouldn't recommend sitting on your Switch with this case

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Has anyone used Nintendo's official case? Wondering if it's quality or if I should just stick to RDS' offerings before I import the Splatoon 2 variant.

aett

I'm looking for a thin, lightweight cover for my Switch. I already have one of those official heavier ones (with a zipper and game cases inside), but most of the time that I transport my Switch, it's inside of a larger bag already. I just want to keep the system clean when it's going from points A to B and not take up as much space.

VeeP

I'm looking for a thin, lightweight cover for my Switch. I already have one of those official heavier ones (with a zipper and game cases inside), but most of the time that I transport my Switch, it's inside of a larger bag already. I just want to keep the system clean when it's going from points A to B and not take up as much space.

Hmm, I'd say either look at the official Nintendo Case, or possibly look for a Sleeve/Pouch for the Switch like these:

Dijital_Majik

Neo Member
Haven't traveled with mine yet, but it fits just fine in my Monster Hunter 3DS case:

rX0LxOd.jpg

The pouch has a divider inside, in which the switch body easily sits in one half, and the joycon in the other.

Sorry for double post but I opted for a different case than the one I posted above. I went with this one instead because it was aesthetically similar and a good deal cheaper while only sacficing game card slots. That said, between the time I put it in my cart and checked out a 50% off coupon was added, so if anyone is looking for a nice protective case this one can be had for $3.44 right now.

Zen Aku

The RDS Zelda theme cases. Does the front get scratches up easily since it's like faux-leather? I ordered the plain black RDS one. But I saw the Zelds ones in store and they do look pretty good.

mclem

Are there any particularly good cases out there that house extra joycons? Most seem to be structured around just the base two.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hi guys, I received my Keten switch case which cost me only 8 euros (although now it's at 15! Phew!) and, for that price specially, I have very little to complain about. Actually, I would've paid more than 20 bucks for it.

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B06XGJ4C49/

71QjUL0%2BivL._SL1500_.jpg

Its not the prettiest but it's pretty much what I was looking for: a compact and sturdy case without the need to store it with JoyCon controllers attached (I'm really afraid of somebody sitting on it accidentally and breaking the rail). Also a case that would allow me to avoid using the switch's kickstand (mine is really really hard to take out).
Only problem is that the original charger, even though it actually fits, it makes everything too tight and I think could result in screen damage so I won't be doing that. With a smaller adapter it could work, though, which is crazy seeing how small this thing is.

Here you can check an album of pictures with some silly comments.

Keten switch case https://imgur.com/gallery/saOqF

Looking at the options and the popular choices for a case and ultimately couldn't resist this. Just ordered it and wonder how I end up liking it, but it has some nice benefits: looks compact but still sturdy and leaves the joycons seperate. I like playing in split mode anyway, so I'd just have to take everything out. Looks like I can even leave the screen in the case if I put the straps back, so I don't think I need to use the stand. Also I'd never take more than 4 carts with me so I'm not bothered by the limited space there. For the price this looked great, so I went with this.

Top Bottom