• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

Shaanyboi

Banned
For those of us considering getting a case for times when we take the Switch on the go, any recommendations on good-looking cases? It just seems that the system's screen being exposed inherently demands one. Even with a screen protector, it's not like the DS/3DS where the clamshell made the thing seem inherently secure on its own.

Right now I'm looking on Amazon at this one, and looking around at other options. I'm not too bothered by bulk since I'd only be taking this thing with me in my bag. But still... You just want something that seems of a decent quality.

Also curse you, you lucky bastards who got the Zelda special edition... GRRAHAJADSHAJLHSDLFALJA

Chittagong

Gold Member
81OXrmOjfaL._SY679_.jpg

Thoraxes

I was looking at the Hori case, though I've been wishing that PDP was making another hardcover travel case like the fantastic one the did for Vita.

If I can find an official one in store, i'll grab that, but otherwise i'll liked grab the Hori one, they game card case, and a screen protector.

zoukka

I never use cases/screen covers for any of my electronics. I don't care if it costs 100 euros or 2k, I buy these things so I can use them, not showcase them in some shelf decades later.

alf717

Breath of the Wild case that comes with the SE. I also plan to add the an Orzly screen protector and the Hori hard/soft shell.

Azriell

There was a thread recently that the company that made those really nice 3DS cases (Waterfield, I think) is planning on making Switch cases. The prices are higher, but I like what they do and I think I want to go the premium route this time.

DMONKUMA

I never use cases/screen covers for any of my electronics. I don't care if it costs 100 euros or 2k, I buy these things so I can use them, not showcase them in some shelf decades later.

Well I don't think that's the only reason to use them :p

Protection.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Nintendo Switch Premium Console Case - Zelda Edition for me.

Ugh... this would look fucking great if not for the big splash image of Link. Just the patterned design and the single Z would've been fine, with the nice zipper and internal lining. Splatting a big face on just about anything makes it look inherently worse.

Indelible

I will use the case that comes in the Zelda Master Edition, if I wasn't getting that I would get one by Hori.

Leemo

I've gone for this one :
204860-L-LO.jpg

I prefer the look over the official one and you also get some game cases...

NinjaBoiX

It's not about that for me, it's resale value. I've had my iPhone in a case and screen protector since day 1 so when I sell it on upgrade I'll get top price because it's in mint condition.

Plus, it's slippy as hell out of the case! I've almost dropped it both times it's been out of it.

It's not about that for me, it's resale value. I've had my iPhone in a case and screen protector since day 1 so when I sell it on upgrade I'll get top price because it's in mint condition.

That's also how I see it. These days I barely use electronics until they "die".
I'm pretty sure there will be a Switch 2.0/Pro/S in a couple of years, then I'll want to trade in my launch day Switch. If I drop it and it breaks, so be it. But not using a any kind of display protection feels like trowing away 100€ to me.
I kept my OG Ps4 in very good shape and left most of the stickers on, so I was able to get my PS4Pro for just 120€ when I traded up.

DJIzana

I planned to get the Breath of the Wild special edition but missed my chance when Canadian retailers put them up. I'm probably going to wait for something else I like. I can't stand getting a plain case. :p

BooJoh

I've gone for this one :
204860-L-LO.jpg

I prefer the look over the official one and you also get some game cases...

I've got that one on order too. Looks to be a nice firm case, slick design, covers the screen, the game card cases are very similar to what I use for 3DS games now, and only $20.

Went with the official one too. Will upgrade if any of the themed ones catch my eye in future - they'll probably do something cool for Splatoon when it releases, right?

TriAceJP

I'd be cool if I could get one of those 3DS draw string pouches Nintendo gave away on Club Nintendo for this. Dunno where I could get one that would fit the Switch though.

Throw a screen protector on it and its good to go.

Preordered this and waiting for some tempered glass screen protector. DO NOT buy the shitty plastic ones.
These days I really dont worry about screen scratches enough to need a screen protector (assuming Nintendo is using screen material similar to modern day phones and tablets).

As long as I get a decent case or cover for it when it's in my bag I won't worry about ever noticing scratches unless I look at it under a microscope.

Plus I'm absolutely horrible at putting them on. I'm a perfectionist and if I get even a spec of dust or the tiniest bubble it would drive me crazy, more than anu small scratch that I don't even see when the screen is on.

zoukka

Plus, it's slippy as hell out of the case! I've almost dropped it both times it's been out of it.

I would agree on iphone 6 and 7. My 5S hasn't slipped once due to the shape.

Just this and my bag

5729902cv12d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

I've got the Zelda Special Edition case coming, but as I plan to use the Switch primarily as a handheld, I may invest in one of these screen covers regardless for ease of use around the house without leaving the screen exposed, so I don't have to slip it in and out of the zippered case if I just want the device lying around on my desk while charging.

Top Bottom