• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball fans, how do you feel about the inclusion of GT content in future games?

I think it's fine.

GT is dumb but it doesn't actively harm the series to throw in SSJ4 Goku in a game or two.

The DBZ games are like Smash at this point, here's eight bazillion characters from the start of the series until now and they're fighting, go nuts.

Eylos

Banned
The nostalgia glasses are strong, no way that super has a worst story than gt, maybe the beginnig is bad but since the u6 tournament its good and is way superior than gt.
I think maybe people forgot the mistakes and dumb things that exist even in dbz, but when they watch super they notice story problems and dumb things and say ''super is trash etc.". About animation dbz,dbgt, kai has bad animation problems, super improved recently and the animation is very good.

Sorry but Super saiyan 4 is still the coolest of DB designs.

The red fur and hair just looks crazy cool 20 years later.

Dragon-ball-final-bout.jpg

Giga Man

First of all, what in the holy hell are the two pictures sandwiching the SS4 Gogeta screenshot? The left looks like SS4 Broly (no idea what game that's from), but the one on the right is... Baby fused with GT Kid Goku turned SS3? The fuck?!

Anyway, GT characters are fine by me. My first experience with them was in Budokai 3 which featured SS4 Goku and SS4 Vegeta as transformations along with SS4 Gogeta as a fusion for both of them, and Omega Shenron. This was before the GT anime aired in America, I think, and I thought they were cool. I have no idea how Dragon Ball FighterZ plans to handle transformations and fusions, but I wouldn't mind seeing some SS4 in there. Maybe SS4 Gogeta as a separate character and Omega Shenron would suffice. Dragon Ball GT characters are still pretty popular among the fanbase in some parts. Remember that weird fan-made series called Dragon Ball AF with Super Saiyan 5? Shit's crazy.

First of all, what in the holy hell are the two pictures sandwiching the SS4 Gogeta screenshot? The left looks like SS4 Broly (no idea what game that's from), but the one on the right is... Baby fused with GT Kid Goku turned SS3? The fuck?!

Anyway, GT characters are fine by me. My first experience with them was in Budokai 3 which featured SS4 Goku and SS4 Vegeta as transformations along with SS4 Gogeta as a fusion for both of them, and Omega Shenron. This was before the GT anime aired in America, I think, and I thought they were cool. I have no idea how Dragon Ball FighterZ plans to handle transformations and fusions, but I wouldn't mind seeing some SS4 in there. Maybe SS4 Gogeta as a separate character and Omega Shenron would suffice. Dragon Ball GT characters are still pretty popular among the fanbase in some parts. Remember that weird fan-made Dragon Ball AF with Super Saiyan 5? Shit's crazy.

It's from dragon ball heroes. A Japanese DB arcade game using collectible cards.

Wazzy

Banned
SSJ4 is one of the worst designs ever but the rest of the cast look fantastic in GT so I'm always okay with it being included.

Goten and Vegeta look amazing in GT.

They really should make SSJ4 Canon

I hope in dragonball super
that the 4 universes that don't have to fight.. One of them has a SSJ4 Goku, Vegeta, Majuub, etc

Angel_DvA

I think Super is the one which should be ignored, everything about that show is lazy, the writing, the characters, the story , the transformations and especially the animation.

Its so bad that everytime I try to give it a shot, I have to resort to skipping scenes just to get to the parts I might be interested in.

I don't care much for GT, but it has a few essentials like SSJ4, SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron, the rest can be ignored.

Super on the other hand, I wish to be forgotten to time.

Super is an inconsistent mess with terrible fan service, the power level on this show is completely trash and the 10 0000 transformations are just there to sell toys and shit. I'm sure they're fan of Super and I don't care because people like whatever they want but quality wise, it's as trash as GT.

L Thammy

They really should make SSJ4 Canon

I hope in dragonball super
that the 4 universes that don't have to fight.. One of them has a SSJ4 Goku, Vegeta, Majuub, etc

Universe 6 is the twin universe, and we've already seen its Goku and Vegeta. And its Broly, somehow.

I think parts of it were cool. Like i'm not opposed to SSJ4 really. I just wouldn't make it a priority to include things from GT over Z or even Super.

Eylos

Banned
Super is an inconsistent mess with terrible fan service, the power level on this show is completely trash and the 10 0000 transformations are just there to sell toys and shit. I'm sure they're fan of Super and I don't care because people like whatever they want but quality wise, it's as trash as GT.

metal gear solid v is an inconsistent mess with terrible fan service, the story on this show is completely trash and the 10 0000 metal gears are just there to sell toys and shit. I'm sure they're fan of V and I don't care because people like whatever they want but quality wise, it's as trash as rising.

[I like metal gear]

KHlover

Banned
Gratz, you just figured out literally every Shonen anime ever made.

Even if GT is the black sheep there's at least some cool stuff that came from it like the shadow dragons, baby, and ssj4. So I don't mind seeing them in newer games and they can still co exist.

LotusHD

Banned
GT characters could completely disappear (even SS4 Goku) from future games permanently, and I honestly would not blink an eye.

Hell, outside of SS4 Goku, there's nothing that I ever particularly wanted to see from that series anyways, and that's before DBS introducing much more memorable characters. Even Omega Shenron is meh to me now, so yea, basically just SS4 Goku and Gogeta at best. In a game where they intend on adding every DBZ character ever, then... maybe?

But in a game like DBFZ where the roster is much more limited, they're absolutely not wanted. Super should be the future now in terms of what new characters to look out for.

Neoxon

Yeah, best to let GT be forgotten in Dragon Ball games. Or at the very least, don't let GT content have higher priority over DB/DBZ/DBS content.

I don't like GT but I greatly prefer the plot to Dragon Ball Super.

Also if you get rid of GT you would also have to get rid of all the movie and filler content as well.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't like GT but I greatly prefer the plot to Dragon Ball Super.

Also if you get rid of GT you would also have to get rid of all the movie and filler content as well.

Well apparently people really like Broly, so he probably won't go anywhere.
Please replace him Kale...

I don't like GT or SS4(it's awful), but if it doesn't get in the way of other better content then they should add it for those who do want it.
The more content the better.

Except Broly. I'd wipe him off the face of the earth if I could. What a shit character.

LotusHD

Banned
Fine. SSJ4 is leagues better than SSBlue, Rose or 3. So GT's entire existence is justified.

Rose is the best transformation in a long ass time, albeit it's mainly because it contrasts so damn well with Goku Black's outfit. That said, it's technically not really a Saiyan thing anyways.

I think a little bit of GT representation here and there is fine, but with Super still going and still adding more and more characters it's clear where the focus should and probably will go.
I will not be surprised in the slightest if the majority of characters added in Xenoverse 3 are from Super.

Zalman

It's fine, but it should never take priority over Super. I think the main stuff I don't mind from GT is Super Saiyan 4, Pan and Omega Shenron. The rest can go.

I rather they have neither Super or GT, but since Super is in, GT should be included. Open the flood gate to all non canon characters as well.

I don't know why people like Omega, dude is boring as fuck.

Like SSJ4 Goku and Gogeta, SSJ4's Vegeta design doesn't suit him that well.

Super's new SSJ forms only look cool when the aura is active. They look hideous without them.

Even then they're just palette swaps of SSJ so they should just be alternate costumes anyway.

SSJ4 at least looks unique.

mrlion

I thought they wanted us to forget about GT... but actually I enjoyed GT its not as extensive as the other sagas but it had very interesting villains and interesting Saiyajin transformations.

Karsha

GT is as much canon as Super, people who think different are simply not informed well.

There is no Dragon Ball without GT, its a core part of it, just look at say... Dokkan battle, people were bitching about not wanting GT characters and than 1 year later SSJ4 were their most wanted characters...hell SSJ4 Gogeta still is nr1 most wanted.

I can't stand GT as a show, but I'm fine with some of its content being added in the games.

However, Z and Super should take priority if the roster is limited.

Top Bottom