• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Review Thread

NEO0MJ

This is not true at all.

The tutorials, missions, auto-combos, roster-wide beginner combos, and easy Hypers are an incredible on-ramp for beginners. I'm 100% a casual fighting game player, and have been impressed by how beginner-friendly it is.

I still can't believe Capcom haven't bothered to add a description of what character's spacial attacks do, though. Just about every other modern fighter has at least that much.

cordy

Banned
I just wonder what it'll take for Capcom fighting games to be at the upper tier of the fighting game genre like in the 90s, like other devs are on that tier but Capcom keeps screwing up. At this point I don't ever think they'll get their shit together or at least not in the ways I want them to. Yeah the games are fun gameplay-wise but I need more than that and if they can't do it then their games aren't for me anymore.

The game's reviews are exactly as I expected. As much as I love X and have been wanting him since even before 3, nah I can't get this. I'll wait until it goes to 20 bucks. I just can't.

Damn.

MrCarter

I just wonder what it'll take for Capcom fighting games to be at the upper tier of the fighting game genre like in the 90s, like other devs are on that tier but Capcom keeps screwing up. At this point I don't ever think they'll get their shit together or at least not in the ways I want them to. Yeah the games are fun gameplay-wise but I need more than that and if they can't do it then their games aren't for me anymore.

The game's reviews are exactly as I expected. As much as I love X and have been wanting him since even before 3, nah I can't get this. I'll wait until it goes to 20 bucks. I just can't.

Damn.

To be fair, although it didn't review as well as Tekken 7 it still has far more content and online features that are actually suprisingly robust than that game. Also, I don't think comparing 90's game reviews to present day is fair either as I believe this game would have actually reviewed universally well due to the amount of features it has compared to fighters back in those days. It's just now our tastes and expectations have evolved very fast due to competition.

Mattenth

The difference is Metacritic is a professional outlet owned by CBS Interactive while OpenCritic is owned be a gaffer with a Patreon.

It's basically a fan site.

I'll bite...

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dishonored-death-of-the-outsider

"Reviews provided by OpenCritic"

We are closing the gap. While it's not visible to neogaf, we are used in United Talent Agency, B&H Impact, and other industry reports. When embargoes lift, we see developer cities light up and get copies of the emails sent around the office. The OpenCritic API powers review displays on Humble Bundle and GamesPlanet.

The website looks awful. We're fixing that. But it's a little insulting to call us "just a fan site" when we have real clients and real validation.

Jawmuncher

Damn.

I mean both SFV and MVC:I got a 77.
One game at launch had good graphics but lacked content
The other game had content but lacked graphics
(This is very basic but just keeping it simple here)

IMO if they just took everything that was positive from both games and took that feedback into whatever fighter is next from them. They'll be back at the upper level you speak of I think.

I'll bite...

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dishonored-death-of-the-outsider

"Reviews provided by OpenCritic"

We are closing the gap. While it's not visible to neogaf, we are used in United Talent Agency, B&H Impact, and other industry reports. When embargoes lift, we see developer cities light up and get copies of the emails sent around the office. The OpenCritic API powers review displays on Humble Bundle and GamesPlanet.

The website looks awful. We're fixing that. But it's a little insulting to call us "just a fan site" when we have real clients and real validation.

I think it looks better than the metacritic site. Please don't change the dark theme of the site either.

Ernest

Banned
If this game doesn't do well Capcom has nobody to blame but themselves.

1. Even without X-Men & Fantastic Four characters they could have still had an amazing roster but nobody at Capcom saw the roster and thought I don't think this is a great roster. The majority of the roster is returning characters and even then they didn't have the fan favorites. I understand Marvel has their character restrictions but nothing but poor decision making on their end left out Akuma, Vergil, Phoenix Wright, Wesker, & Amaterasu but they kept characters nobody was really asking for like Firebrand, Nemesis, & Spencer.

2. Everybody knows this game didn't look good from a visual standpoint but nobody at Capcom thought so. Smh.... NOBODY at Capcom thought that the art style, models, etc. didn't look good but it's clear as day to everybody else.

3. The Marketing/PR of this game has been atrocious. Haven't seen one this bad since DmC. Every single announcement outside of the initial one was either overshadowed by something else or just plain bad. That Gamespot interview also did them in a bit. That stream last week was just horribly timed and they were only answering questions that streamers already answered.

Who would have thought that Capcom could hamper a series like MVC so much by their own doing. Smh... How far have they really fallen.
Agreed.

I am a target market for this game if there ever is one, and I am not interested in it at all, for most of the reasons posted above.

What's Capcom thinking?

Spman2099

I think it is weird for me to pick on this comment, especially since it is a self-deprecating comment, but I don't think that is fair to the person that developed your website. It may not be the best looking website I have ever seen, but it is FAR from awful. I think it is closer to good than bad.

Mattenth

I think it is weird for me to pick on this comment, especially since it is a self-deprecating comment, but I don't think that is fair to the person that developed your website. It may not be the best looking website I have ever seen, but it is FAR from awful. I think it is closer to good than bad.

Eh, I'll reply via PM. Don't want to detract from the game/discussion.

Top Bottom