• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Man, I'm abusing the hell out of the Fortune confidant. It's insanely useful to be able to cycle around with people who need rank ups and avoid the middle sections, I'm getting quite a few popping to 10 now.

Just went into Palace 6.
So uh...do you get to keep Goro as a permanent member? This dude's got a lightsaber and just one-shotted a mini-boss for like 600 HP. I can dig it.

Sephend

Why is it that when I check the Thieves Guild it says people have hung out with Ann and other characters on days that I can't talk to anyone? Are the social links more random?

Your party member links aren't available if you've reached the treasure until after you send the calling card. Some other links, like Moon for example, are reliant on other things(mementos requests in that case) and may not be available at the same time for everyone.

Why do so many people hate Palace 5?

People just hate backtracking and vague hints for the puzzle is all. There's also the setting and soundtrack which are both underwhelming. It's like going a complete turnaround from the amazing palace 3 and 4.

Arthos

Timer and unskippable animations in enemy territory.

People just hate backtracking and vague hints for the puzzle is all. There's also the setting and soundtrack which are both underwhelming. It's like going a complete turnaround from the amazing palace 3 and 4.

Ah, alright. I have to agree, at least on the music and puzzle parts. The backtracking isn't too bad, but then again I'm still in the middle of the dungeon right now.

Which one was Palace 5 again?

Beep boop.

silva1991

Man Metatron looks so hot in this game

ZW6Zjq2.jpg

Him for debilitate+spell master(it cost fucking alot of SP) and invincible Yoshitsune for attacks will make every boss cry on another NG+.

Which one was Palace 5 again?

Haru's father.

Jintor

Hopefully gonna finish up tomorrow so I can start a replay of bayo and maybe with any luck not fail my exams irl

Maybe wait a month or two for today... Depending how fast I can just crush through it

Auctopus

I'm not really affected by games, usually feel pretty detached from most characters on an emotional level but the end of
Dungeon 4
put a little lump in my throat when they're
talking about the suicide note.

What's everyone's level by the end of the game (normal difficulty) ?

Is it even possible to grind to the level require to summon these God-tier Persona? I'm currently at Lv 63 after beating the December palace boss.

Thud

Is it even possible to grind to the level require to summon these God-tier Persona? I'm currently at Lv 63 after beating the December palace boss.

You can bypass it by leveling the strength confidant and pay the money to bridge the difference in levels.

As for level:
73 on Normal

Vitanimus

I just want to double check something the game somewhat explicitly told me. 11/25 spoilers:
When Morgana says you should strengthen your bonds with everyone, is this the game telling me I should finish up my confidants first, and put off completing the palace until I'm absolutely finished with everything?

Thanks!

cheesekao

Level 85. The final area is a pretty good grinding spot for those who didn't use the reaper trick.

I just want to double check something the game somewhat explicitly told me. 11/25 spoilers:
When Morgana says you should strengthen your bonds with everyone, is this the game telling me I should finish up my confidants first, and put off completing the palace until I'm absolutely finished with everything?

Thanks!
You can if you want but there's no repercussion for not doing so.

Chase17

Finished at 73

Strength confidant 10 let's you pay to fuse persona a higher level than yourself.

nOoblet16

I was 79 and quite OP for end game but only because I killed reaper twice, would have been like 67 or so otherwise.

You can fuse high level persona at any level if you have lots of money and the strength confidant ranked up to 10

Hystzen

The whole Becky scene with Ryuji and Mishima was hilarious i could see my freinds in same situation and the responses would be same

FelipeMGM

Im 60h in right now and of course I have some issues with the game, but Im pretty sure this will end up beeing one of my favorite JRPG's of all time

Damn, Ryuji has some serious anger issues. He gets so mad over everything.

"Hey, go to this"
"WHAT? THIS IS BULLSHIT! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? THIS PISSES ME OFF!"

Level 85. The final area is a pretty good grinding spot for those who didn't use the reaper trick.

What Reaper trick?

Finished at 73

Strength confidant 10 let's you pay to fuse persona a higher level than yourself.

Wouldn't it be super expensive though?

I was 79 and quite OP for end game but only because I killed reaper twice, would have been like 67 or so otherwise.

You can fuse high level persona at any level if you have lots of money and the strength confidant ranked up to 10

What level is the Reaper?

And would there be enough money to get something like Lucifer, who requires 5 other god-tier persona to be summon?

cheesekao

What Reaper trick?
You basically go into mementos when the "Flu Season" warning is up, wait for the reaper to appear, and hope that he's suffering despair. If he isn't, you can just run and wait for him to appear again. Shadows suffering from despair will kill themselves after a few turns and the Reaper gives tonnes of exp (70k+ IIRC).

nOoblet16

What Reaper trick?

Wouldn't it be super expensive though?

What level is the Reaper?

And would there be enough money to get something like Lucifer, who requires 5 other god-tier persona to be summon?
Reaper is probably 99 but I did the exploit where I waited until he spawned with despair.

As for money, it depends on you. You can make loads from confusing bosses in mementos and selling treasures. I kinda wish I started NG+ with more money, I only had 160,000 and that's not enough. Should have grinded a bit, gotten close to a million, fused high end shit so that it's added to the compendium for me to buy the next time around and then bought it in NG+.

Yoshitsune with near full immunity and charge is the only thing you need for the most part though.

AXE

Don't know what I expected with the game but it seems pretty ok. Stylish and I rather like the idea of the Shadow-self. Wonder if they can build on that as the game progresses. In the first Palace I guess, and for the last time I reckon.

Kinda wished that the music would be on Cowboy Bebop level but thats always silly. Nothing can top Kanno.

Not sure how I feel about going through similar Palaces. The game feels very small with the animations and locales and all. Guess they spent 90% of the budget on the menus and cutscenes.

Weiss

Banned
On 9/22, got Chariot, Lovers, Temperance and Priestess maxed out. Still trailing on Emperor and Hermit and haven't started Tower. Am I boned?

Raxus

Am I wrong in thinking once you reach a rank up it is useless to hang out with a character until you do the rank up scene? I am lagging behind on a few links and it upsets me.

cheesekao

Am I wrong in thinking once you reach a rank up it is useless to hang out with a character until you do the rank up scene? I am lagging behind on a few links and it upsets me.
If you don't hang out with them, they will never rank up unless you use the fortune teller's affinity reading.

nOoblet16

Don't know what I expected with the game but it seems pretty ok. Stylish and I rather like the idea of the Shadow-self. Wonder if they can build on that as the game progresses. In the first Palace I guess, and for the last time I reckon.

Kinda wished that the music would be on Cowboy Bebop level but thats always silly. Nothing can top Kanno.

Not sure how I feel about going through similar Palaces. The game feels very small with the animations and locales and all. Guess they spent 90% of the budget on the menus and cutscenes.
The palaces are wildly different in terms of themes, music, aesthetics and design. You are essentially in an imagined world, think of the possibilities.

Raxus

If you don't hang out with them, they will never rank up unless you use the fortune teller's affinity reading.

I get that but I am saying the random invites and dual dates WHEN they have a rank up waiting.

It often feels like I rank them up and I still have to bond with them further in order to level them up despite having put 3 notes into them before ranking them up.

You basically go into mementos when the "Flu Season" warning is up, wait for the reaper to appear, and hope that he's suffering despair. If he isn't, you can just run and wait for him to appear again. Shadows suffering from despair will kill themselves after a few turn and the Reaper gives tonnes of exp (70k+ IIRC).

Reaper is probably 99 but I did the exploit where I waited until he spawned with despair.

As for money, it depends on you. You can make loads from confusing bosses in mementos and selling treasures. I kinda wish I started NG+ with more money, I only had 160,000 and that's not enough. Should have grinded a bit, gotten close to a million, fused high end shit so that it's added to the compendium for me to buy the next time around and then bought it in NG+.

Yoshitsune with near full immunity and charge is the only thing you need for the most part though.

The Reaper thing sounds like it'll take forever though lol.

I guess I'll just have to grind abit for the last dungeon.... At that point I might as well switch to Easy mode temporarily right? You'll get exp and money faster.

Chaos17

You basically go into mementos when the "Flu Season" warning is up, wait for the reaper to appear, and hope that he's suffering despair. If he isn't, you can just run and wait for him to appear again. Shadows suffering from despair will kill themselves after a few turns and the Reaper gives tonnes of exp (70k+ IIRC).
I missed tha5 damn

cheesekao

I get that but I am saying the random invites and dual dates WHEN they have a rank up waiting.
Oh right. It's pointless to go out with people that can be ranked up since the relationship points don't carry over to the next rank. Still, save scumming is a thing so just accept the invite and load back your save.

It often feels like I rank them up and I still have to bond with them further in order to level them up despite having put 3 notes into them before ranking them up.
That's just how the game works. Just because you got 3 notes doesn't mean it's an instant rank up.

nOoblet16

The Reaper thing sounds like it'll take forever though lol.

I guess I'll just have to grind abit for the last dungeon.... At that point I might as well switch to Easy mode temporarily right? You'll get exp and money faster.
Takes 5 mins to spawn him and once he does it takes 1-3 min to get a kill provided you have the star confidant ability that allows you to escape battles easily. You just initiate fight, if he is despaired then wait 3 turns if he isn't then escape and restart the fight immediately. Repeat until he is despaired, doesn't take more than a few attempts for it to appear.

He gives 76,000 XP for all, if you have moon ranked up to full

Zolo

I seem to be missing the "Who's Been Assaulting People?" and "Man of Many Faces and Debts" quests. Any chance to still get them in September?

Rixxan

I love how the Personas start to look more and more fierce as you attain higher levels

Also, Palace 4 is fantastic - incredible music, great layout, interesting premise on the heart stealing - just excellent

silva1991

Got Odin with severe thunder to one and all with elec amp/boost

Also Got Baal with both severe wind to one and all with wind amp.

Now that I have Alice with her "die for me", I'll probably buy the persona with samsara too.

Man I can't wait for Thanatos DLC :D. His special almighty attack sounds good.

Top Bottom