• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Brock Lesnar Beat Entire U.S. Navy Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKehoe

Gold Member
NovemberMike said:
Most fights end up on the ground, but this isn't most fights. Most fights are between two random assholes that have no idea what they are doing. Most professional fights that end up on the ground have rings that you can't go outside of and rules that promote grappling such as the inability to use your hands. If he tried to go for a simple tackle he'd just get an elbow to the head (which is quite capable of killing him, one of the reasons people aren't allowed to do it in competitions).
Brock is a NCAA wrestling champion (no, not the WWE) if Brock wants that fight going to the ground then thats where its going and there is nothing the navy seal could do about it.

Bleepey

NovemberMike said:
Navy SEALs and other special forces are trained to fight in a manner where there are essentially no rules (you win when the other person can't fight back). They are allowed to target eyes, groin, feet, throat and other areas that will quickly drop a person. The selection process also creates people that can keep on going after massive amounts of pain and things like broken bones.

Most fights end up on the ground, but this isn't most fights. Most fights are between two random assholes that have no idea what they are doing. Most professional fights that end up on the ground have rings that you can't go outside of and rules that promote grappling such as the inability to use your hands. If he tried to go for a simple tackle he'd just get an elbow to the head (which is quite capable of killing him, one of the reasons people aren't allowed to do it in competitions).

Any fighting style designed for a match with rules will lose to a system designed for a match where there are fewer rules.

It's why Bruce Lee would have the shit kicked out of him by Mohammed Ali in a boxing match, in a street fight however.........

Seeds

This is how all of the fights would go;

1. Lesnar goes for a takedown.

2. Puts them on their back.

3. Goes to side mount.

4. Punches them in the face.

It would problably take around 5 sec, and there's nothing the navy seals could do to stop it. Not even a super awesome one kill elbow to the back of the head...

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Seeds said:
This is how all of the fights would go;

1. Lesnar goes for a takedown.

2. Puts them on their back.

3. Goes to side mount.

4. Punches them in the face.

It would problably take around 5 sec, and there's nothing the navy seals could do to stop it. Not even a super awesome one kill elbow to the back of the head...

Pretty much.............. Snake, Big Boss i dunno........... The Boss, HELLLLLLLLL no.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
You are allowed to elbow in the UFC.......which Brock is/was? part of.

I do hope people have actually seen him fight before they post in this thread :lol

Watch how he goes in for a takedown. Keeps his head down. It's illegal to make downward elbow strikes or blows to the back of the head in all mixed martial arts, so you are pretty much safe from anything like that when you go for a standard wrestling takedown.

Brock has size, strength and speed on his side against most of the guys that would be in any special forces group (they tend to select for guys that can move long distances cross country), but he is trained specifically for MMA and wouldn't be defending against anything that isn't allowed in MMA. We also aren't talking about the average SEAL here, but the badass martial art SEAL guy that does all kinds of hand to hand combat in his free time when he isn't lifting weights.

smurfx

get some go again
NovemberMike said:

Any fighting style designed for a match with rules will lose to a system designed for a match where there are fewer rules.
really now? all it would take to stop brock lesnar from taking me down in a street fight is an elbow to the head?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

NovemberMike said:
Watch how he goes in for a takedown. Keeps his head down. It's illegal to make downward elbow strikes or blows to the back of the head in all mixed martial arts, so you are pretty much safe from anything like that when you go for a standard wrestling takedown.

Brock has size, strength and speed on his side against most of the guys that would be in any special forces group (they tend to select for guys that can move long distances cross country), but he is trained specifically for MMA and wouldn't be defending against anything that isn't allowed in MMA. We also aren't talking about the average SEAL here, but the badass martial art SEAL guy that does all kinds of hand to hand combat in his free time when he isn't lifting weights.

You could also knee him in the face as he comes in, or do a running bicycle kick from one side of the ring to the other. The dudes fighting are conditioned to take hits, a downward elbow isnt going to save you from getting steam rolled. You can go on about conditions and what not but if a seal can gouge eyes whats stopping Brock from doing the same.

Im not talking bout average Brock im talking bout Brock when he finds a meteorite in the hood and becomes Meteor Man and wears the One Ring as well............. Brocks a fighter, thats what he does, learns to fight.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Okay, I've probably done enough laughing from the sidelines, so let's critically examine the scenario before this thread gets any more absurd (hello Ali vs Bruce Lee post).

Navy SEALs do not train all day long to beat people in unarmed combat. They train all day long to shoot terrrrists and rescue hostages and maintain their conditioning, after having proven their elite mental toughness and physical conditioning to get in. That mental toughness and conditioning is the main relevant aspect of being a Navy SEAL in an unarmed fight against a professional MMA fighter. Some of them will have further martial arts or combat sports training, but most of their time is spent training for scenarios pertaining to their job description.

Brock Lesnar is a former NCAA division 1 wrestling champion and current MMA fighter, top 10 at heavyweight. Ignoring his recent health problems, he walks around at around 300 pounds with very low body fat and has very high physical strength, along with good cardio for his size. His job, at which is excels, is to beat very skilled and strong people in unarmed combat under minimal rules. He accomplishes this by taking his opponents to the ground using his wrestling, controlling them, and punching them repeatedly with his raw physical strength.

Navy SEALs are not Arnold Schwarzenegger from Commando. Like any special forces unit, they're composed of athletic guys with good power to weight ratios who can carry a lot of gear while running a long ass time. They are typically going to be giving up a 1.5-2 to 1 physical strength advantage to Brock and around 100lbs in size. Size and strength (assuming conditioning is also present) matter a great deal in unarmed combat.

This nonsense about "Navy SEALs are trained to kill, not to just win under a set of rules" is absurd. You become proficient at fighting in large part by training against skilled fully resisting opponents. You cannot use the "magical elbow of death" against your sparring partner. Nor can you use the "magical hollywood neck snap" against your sparring partner. MMA fighters train what they *can* use, thousands and thousands of times against fully resisting opponents, to the point where they are extremely good at their tools of choice. Someone learning the five fingers of death from their sensei and doing it in the air a few times with a kiai doesn't mean shit. And Navy SEALs aren't going around engaging terrrrists in unarmed combat every night, if ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Combatives_School Hey wait, why is the US Army using MMA as the basis for its unarmed combat training and not the MAGICAL ELBOW OF DEATH? What a shame, they could be killing people in a single hit!

Brock wins every time.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Need the "Tale of the Take"

Obamas got youth and "Change" on his side.

Osamas got a killer beard that looks like a Badger and a head piece that could conceal hidden weapons like brass knucks.

jorma

is now taking requests
duckroll said:
Okay, since Evilore has cleared that up, here's the next subject: Who would win in a street fight? Obama or Osama?

Would Obama be allowed to use waterboarding, or is that off the table?

duckroll

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Osamas got a killer beard that looks like a Badger and a head piece that could conceal hidden weapons like brass knucks.

Really? How do you know this? Have you seen Osama lately? No? Right, that's what I thought...

freddy

Banned
duckroll said:
Okay, since Evilore has cleared that up, here's the next subject: Who would win in a street fight? Obama or Osama?
"You can run but you can't hide" doesn't seem to work in this match up.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

duckroll said:
Really? How do you know this? Have you seen Osama lately? No? Right, that's what I thought...

Well it also acts as an invisibility cloak ala Harry Potter, he uses it to be a mischievous scamp and steal candy, its why he's so hard to find, he's always behind you gigglin.

Sword cane is badass.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Obama is the commander in chief of USA's entire military forces. He throws sonic hurricanes like they were booms. No way osama can turtle that shit.

EviLore, there's a few problems.

First off, we weren't discussing whether Brock wins against your average Navy SEAL. It was whether there was anyone that could do it. With that we can't assume that the SEAL is giving up 100lbs to him, probably more like 40-50lbs with the possibility of the SEAL being taller and having a longer reach. Remember that the Seals have thousands of members, all of which are selected to be both physically and mentally strong individuals. Also, I thought that the heavyweight limit for UFC was 265, not 300lbs.

Secondly Army combatives are quite likely not used for the Navy Seals. IIRC, most Special Forces groups train in hand to hand with protective gear (helmets, elbow pads, that kind of stuff) in the same manner that krav maga does in order to allow potentially lethal techniques to be safely practiced. The stated goal of Army Combatives is to teach soldiers how to pacify an opponent without killing them and without forcing the soldiers to go through years of training.

I'm not saying that navy seals can magically Vulcan death pinch him and win every time or anything, just that an organization of 2000 people (whom are chosen via a selection process that determines that none but the most competent are allowed to join) with a stated goal of killing people might be able to put out a couple people that have a 50/50 chance or better of beating this guy in a fight with no rules. Remember, we aren't talking about Mr. Plucky navy seal that weighs 120 lbs and is a testament to the human will, we are talking about the 230 lb navy seal that is comfortably in the middle of the heavyweight division.

this thread isn't as good as the navy seals vs civil war army one

so out of pure mockery, who would win between a shark and a bear?... or was this one done already?

Binabik15

EviLore said:

Man, I hope you don´t speak German. If you do, DON´T search for the "Gallileo Mystery" episode "Ninja versus elite soldier".

The commercials of it had me raging, the full thing would´ve costed me IQ points. They had "one of the last ninjas" fight against "a German elite soldier" (probably KSK) to decide whether ninjas are unbeatable, using a maze and shit. Everybody involved should´ve been fired.

NovemberMike said:

First off, we weren't discussing whether Brock wins against your average Navy SEAL. It was whether there was anyone that could do it. With that we can't assume that the SEAL is giving up 100lbs to him, probably more like 40-50lbs with the possibility of the SEAL being taller and having a longer reach. Remember that the Seals have thousands of members, all of which are selected to be both physically and mentally strong individuals. Also, I thought that the heavyweight limit for UFC was 265, not 300lbs.

Secondly Army combatives are quite likely not used for the Navy Seals. IIRC, most Special Forces groups train in hand to hand with protective gear (helmets, elbow pads, that kind of stuff) in the same manner that krav maga does in order to allow potentially lethal techniques to be safely practiced. The stated goal of Army Combatives is to teach soldiers how to pacify an opponent without killing them and without forcing the soldiers to go through years of training.

I'm not saying that navy seals can magically Vulcan death pinch him and win every time or anything, just that an organization of 2000 people (whom are chosen via a selection process that determines that none but the most competent are allowed to join) with a stated goal of killing people might be able to put out a couple people that have a 50/50 chance or better of beating this guy in a fight with no rules. Remember, we aren't talking about Mr. Plucky navy seal that weighs 120 lbs and is a testament to the human will, we are talking about the 230 lb navy seal that is comfortably in the middle of the heavyweight division.

They´re still not spending a lot of time with hth combat training and a straight throat punch from Lesnar would kill them faster than their magical elbow can strike out.

Pimpwerx

Maybe y'all missed this, but the motherfucker F5ed a shark:
nf6BH.gif

Now, the Navy SEAL wouldn't even be lucky enough to experience Brock's trademark finisher because all it would take is on of those hamfists smashing them in the face so hard they'd think they just got kicked by a mule. But it wasn't a kick, it was just a fist. A massive fist shot out of a howitzer named Brock Lesner. And with no gloves on, there's some major reconstructive surgery on the other side of that punch. That SEAL's gonna need the dogtag to be IDed.

Yeah...the only thing stopping Brock Lesnar is illness...and the Vikings O-Line. PEACE.

Binabik15 said:
Man, I hope you don´t speak German. If you do, DON´T search for the "Gallileo Mystery" episode "Ninja versus elite soldier".

The commercials of it had me raging, the full thing would´ve costed me IQ points. They had "one of the last ninjas" fight against "a German elite soldier" (probably KSK) to decide whether ninjas are unbeatable, using a maze and shit. Everybody involved should´ve been fired.

They´re still not spending a lot of time with hth combat training and a straight throat punch from Lesnar would kill them faster than their magical elbow can strike out.

man, I remember that.
Either PRO 7 buys (pretty awesome) stuff from BBC or discovery channel and labels it as a Pro 7 production(there were several cases. it made me sick) or they making up complete utter shit like in that "Ninja VS KSK" show.
I'm so disgusted by Galileo/Welt der Wunder etc etc. I really wonder why they never have to fight any lawsuits for stealing stuff from UK/US channels

NovemberMike said:

Stop Drinking the kool aid man, seriously soldiers are trained to kill...with guns thats how it works. Guns=kill there are no special secret PPK moves going on. The limit is 265 he and about all other professional fighters cut the weight the night before to make the weight limit that they fight in. They rehydrate after the weigh-ins and usually weigh a significant amount more when they step into the ring.

Yeah the only problem with this is they arent chosen because they are amazing fighters and they will never be compared to a what a guy does professionally who is at the top of the sport, You are getting the mindset that big muscle guy = walking ass kicker and that big in shape guy + military training equals = bringer of death. There aren't even a handful of professinal fighters in the heavyweight devision that are comfortably matched against Brock Lesnar.

Seriously I'd be willing to say that any of the current great fighters in the lower weight divisions could equally pawn just as many military in a no guns knifes situation. Even the guy who trains in those "bad ass" martial arts in his off time from lifting weights.

Pimpwerx

NovemberMike said:

Not a joke, but are SEALs really allowed to get that big? I thought there were a few issues with carrying around that kind of muscle mass. For one, don't they need stamina/endurance? The more muscle the more energy burned. Also, the bulk reduces stealth and is addition to the rest of the gear that's carried.

Brock actually cuts to make the weight class, that's part of what's so imposing. He already won the genetic lottery, so anyone the SEALs produce could only hope to match him in stature. It's just hard to imagine the SEALs having any need for someone that large. PEACE.

The fight of the night is brought to you by duckroll: mashadar's neko-mimi slave

In the right corner Osama ''The fundi'' bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden:
born March 10, 1957
6 feet 4 inches
lithe and muscular
missing two toes
suffer from: kidney stones low blood pressure and diabetes
has an enlarged heart and chronically low blood pressure

In the left corner Barack ''The Game Changer'' Hussein Obama
born August 4, 1961
He is 6 foot 1
and about 170 lbs
wears size 13 1/2 bowling shoes
smokes cigarettes
was on his high school's basketball team.

nightez

Banned
spetz said:
So I'm talking with my friend and he makes the statement that nobody in the entire U.S. Navy Seals could take Brock Lesnar. Assuming Brock can defeat any Seal in a hand to hand fight.

So after about an hour of going back and forth trying to convince him how stupid he is, I realized this conversation wasn't going anywhere.

Thoughts.

What makes you think a Navy Seal could take on a high level Martial Artist? It takes 10 years of constant training to achieve a black belt. And much less to become a navy seal.

Pimpwerx said:
Not a joke, but are SEALs really allowed to get that big? I thought there were a few issues with carrying around that kind of muscle mass. For one, don't they need stamina/endurance? The more muscle the more energy burned. Also, the bulk reduces stealth and is addition to the rest of the gear that's carried.

even if they are allowed to be that pumped up, I'm sure they would fail to pass the medical check to actually get into a special forces team.

edit:
Osama, as he was trained by the CIA.

WIN, pure win

Enosh

Binabik15 said:
link?
can't find anything -.-

nightez

Banned
DKehoe said:
Topic change: could 150lb BJ Penn beat 230lb Navy Seal
yes
Most likely yes. I'd put my money on any random BJJ black belt. As long as there are no weapons involved the Navy Seal should soundly lose.

Fedor used to be a soldier. But he learnt his Sambo outside of the army.

NovemberMike said:

There aren't a few problems, there is one major problem. The bolded shows that you don't have enough knowledge about BROCKLESNARRR or mma in general to discuss this topic.

DKehoe

Gold Member
It's also worth pointing out that on the show Pros vs Joes Randy Couture (a guy who Brock beat) tapped out an army close quarters instructor 5 times in 5 minutes

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Eventually Brock would gas out.

How many seals are there? 1,000?

Also Brock is seriously ill still I think. Unless Brock learned some old man Gen shit, no way.

I'm assuming 1 on 1 in series with minimal rest breaks.

This is like the GAF version of how many 5-yr olds can you beat in a fight.

Ponn

Banned
EviLore said:
Okay, I've probably done enough laughing from the sidelines, so let's critically examine the scenario before this thread gets any more absurd (hello Ali vs Bruce Lee post).

Navy SEALs do not train all day long to beat people in unarmed combat. They train all day long to shoot terrrrists and rescue hostages and maintain their conditioning, after having proven their elite mental toughness and physical conditioning to get in. That mental toughness and conditioning is the main relevant aspect of being a Navy SEAL in an unarmed fight against a professional MMA fighter. Some of them will have further martial arts or combat sports training, but most of their time is spent training for scenarios pertaining to their job description.

Brock Lesnar is a former NCAA division 1 wrestling champion and current MMA fighter, top 10 at heavyweight. Ignoring his recent health problems, he walks around at around 300 pounds with very low body fat and has very high physical strength, along with good cardio for his size. His job, at which is excels, is to beat very skilled and strong people in unarmed combat under minimal rules. He accomplishes this by taking his opponents to the ground using his wrestling, controlling them, and punching them repeatedly with his raw physical strength.

Navy SEALs are not Arnold Schwarzenegger from Commando. Like any special forces unit, they're composed of athletic guys with good power to weight ratios who can carry a lot of gear while running a long ass time. They are typically going to be giving up a 1.5-2 to 1 physical strength advantage to Brock and around 100lbs in size. Size and strength (assuming conditioning is also present) matter a great deal in unarmed combat.

This nonsense about "Navy SEALs are trained to kill, not to just win under a set of rules" is absurd. You become proficient at fighting in large part by training against skilled fully resisting opponents. You cannot use the "magical elbow of death" against your sparring partner. Nor can you use the "magical hollywood neck snap" against your sparring partner. MMA fighters train what they *can* use, thousands and thousands of times against fully resisting opponents, to the point where they are extremely good at their tools of choice. Someone learning the five fingers of death from their sensei and doing it in the air a few times with a kiai doesn't mean shit. And Navy SEALs aren't going around engaging terrrrists in unarmed combat every night, if ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Combatives_School Hey wait, why is the US Army using MMA as the basis for its unarmed combat training and not the MAGICAL ELBOW OF DEATH? What a shame, they could be killing people in a single hit!

Brock wins every time.

Ok...but could Brock take The Batman? Yea, thats right, I just blew your mind:D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Poor Brock :(

Hope he gets better.

esbern

NovemberMike said:
Navy SEALs and other special forces are trained to fight in a manner where there are essentially no rules (you win when the other person can't fight back). They are allowed to target eyes, groin, feet, throat and other areas that will quickly drop a person. The selection process also creates people that can keep on going after massive amounts of pain and things like broken bones.

this might be more fucking retarded than the op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom