• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Secret World - Information And Update Thread [New dev diary]

Got a code for the beta weekend, but funcom temp locked my account for not signing in for a while, even though I created the account not two days ago. Their verification e-mail is not hitting my e-mail at all either. Support team has been worthless so far. FML.

I had the same trying to remember my age old Age of Conan account. I ended up just creating a new one.

gillty

Banned
I need two still. One for me and one for the lady. Between work and her recent graduation, I haven't been able to peel myself away from TERA long enough to try and get any.

Is the Gamestop giveaway still active?
Amazon is still giving keys, and you know with Amazon you can cancel your preorder anytime.

Ricker

I would love to come online but now I get to my character screen and if I click play now,the game crashes with a window saying TSW encountered a problem and needs to shut down...tried 5 times now,same thing.

Logged in for 2 minutes, was getting >24FPS, logged off, restarted, patch downloading, 2.2 gigs, still downloading. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

derFeef

Crafting is freeform minecraft, very complicated, jeeze.

416a6f2e.jpg

gillty

Banned
I would love to come online but now I get to my character screen and if I click play now,the game crashes with a window saying TSW encountered a problem and needs to shut down...tried 5 times now,same thing.
In the launcher click options and then verify your files, likely have to download an additional 2.2GB like the person below (and myself).

Logged in for 2 minutes, was getting >24FPS, logged off, restarted, patch downloading, 2.2 gigs, still downloading. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Disable Tessellation.

^^ lol

Thanks to Feef for the extra key! The screens are looking really good so far and the environments and character models look even better than the previews.

Nothing, the game just keeps crashing now. What the hell. Everything went smoothly until i decided to restart it, and since then, it just crashes every time i hit play now right after having selected my character

derFeef

Nothing, the game just keeps crashing now. What the hell. Everything went smoothly until i decided to restart it, and since then, it just crashes every time i hit play now right after having selected my character

Hm have you tried switching the DX version?
There is a topic on the forums. http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=29287

edit: I am enjoying the hell out of it. animations are not really polished but the combat is fast and cool once you learn how to combine skills. Rocking hammer and shotty.

syko de4d

Love this game so far.

And the riddles...
Kingsmouth Code part 3/5 was the hardest riddle i have ever seen in a game. That was ultra hard xD

And that was nice to: http://www.kingsmouth.com
A fake site for the Town from Funcom

From the Site: "There have been numerous sightings of Bigfoot just outside of town!"

EVERyTHING IS TRUE!! we need to find him.

Hey all,

I work for Funcom on The Secret World as a Production Coordinator, if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer/re-route them.

if i don't answer right away it'll be because of the weekend and long needed sleep getting in the way. Hope you guys are enjoying the beta :)

Effect

Home finally. Now I can log in. Will post my name when I make my character.

Edit: I do hope there are more hair options in the retail copy. Going is going to of African decent and want the hair to match.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Only played for a couple of minutes, but I'm really liking the slick interface. The shotgun combat in the early flashback scenario was really unimpressive, though. Felt like typical MMORPG-compromised gun combat.

I just made my way to the Templar headquarters, so I think I can choose a role soon. I hope the melee combat is more enjoyable.

I'm really liking the visuals and atmosphere, though!

derFeef

You are not going to choose a role :) You choose your weapon, but that's not your fixed weapon - you can play everything at anytime as long as you skill it.

And yeah, not too fond of the starter experience - Kingsmouth is so much better.

Hey all,

I work for Funcom on The Secret World as a Production Coordinator, if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer/re-route them.

if i don't answer right away it'll be because of the weekend and long needed sleep getting in the way. Hope you guys are enjoying the beta :)

Guys, you nailed it in terms of locations and atmosphere. And: How did you choose your writers?

You are not going to choose a role :) You choose your weapon, but that's not your fixed weapon - you can play everything at anytime as long as you skill it.

And yeah, not too fond of the starter experience - Kingsmouth is so much better.

I'd love to add you guys to some sort of in game list, but how? Plus game keeps crashing, not easy to get a hold of everything this way :/

derFeef

I'd love to add you guys to some sort of in game list, but how? Plus game keeps crashing, not easy to get a hold of everything this way :/

shift-f opens the friendslist, just add each other I guess.
I am Feef - shoot me a tell.

edit: ok I have created a cabal(guild) SecretGAF - I will invite you guys and we will at least have a chat channel and it shows up in the friendslist.

Guys, you nailed it in terms of locations and atmosphere. And: How did you choose your writers?

We have of course hired writers for The Secret World, but our lead writer has been with us for a long time, from Dreamfall. Our team of writers are very, very dedicated to the game and will research like crazy just to come up with a name of an ability, different weapons etc.
And of course we have R Tørnquist for the lore, he's no stranger to story :)

comments are welcome btw, you can PM me as well if you'd prefer.

Remember that this is a beta, so some choices, like for example in the char creation, will be limited.

shift-f opens the friendslist, just add each other I guess.
I am Feef - shoot me a tell.

edit: ok I have created a cabal(guild) SecretGAF - I will invite you guys and we will at least have a chat channel and it shows up in the friendslist.

Added i think

mr_nothin

Banned
couple guys were before the public beta started. and whats up with the attitude? breaking NDA is shitty.

Could say the same vice versa. Yeah, it sucks but why are so concerned with what they do? ...they'll get caught and banned. Get over it. I really fail to see how that what they do affects anyone but themselves. Emotional distress stemming from deep seeded envy? maybe not, but hell don't whine about it.

derFeef

Could say the same vice versa. Yeah, it sucks but why are so concerned with what they do? ...they'll get caught and banned. Get over it. I really fail to see how that what they do affects anyone but themselves. Emotional distress stemming from deep seeded envy? maybe not, but hell don't whine about it.

lol, at least you are concerned about us being concerned...

Started playing a little while ago. My character name is Dragula.

That character does not exist. I think we are not meant to be socializing yet, sucks :/

Because some negative comments were made of the game.

Played about 3 hours, really interesting so far. I like that each quest chain has a little cutscene to introduce it. I really like the interface too, very clean. Actually the whole game looks really nice hopefully I can get some more time in with it this weekend.

Azzurri

Played about 3 hours, really interesting so far. I like that each quest chain has a little cutscene to introduce it. I really like the interface too, very clean. Actually the whole game looks really nice hopefully I can get some more time in with it this weekend.

Thought the same. Also, I read people were complaining about combat, I don't see the problem.

Top Bottom