• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R - 30 FPS, online details

Skeletos311

emb

30 fps is a disappointing bullet point (from a game that doesn't look like it has any reason to struggle). But it's not something I'll notice. I'm looking forward to early reviews to hear about load times - from impressions I heard, those sounded like a worse problem.

You could have at least been courteous and linked to the original source they quoted. [/incrediblybiasedoriginalsource]

But seriously, it was pretty obvious in the video that "proved" the game was 60fps that the video was 60fps, not gameplay, if you did a frame-by-frame analysis.

I'll drop a fun little nugget here, too. The gems are not for micro-transactions, they're just for purchasing items in-game.

Oregano

30 fps is a disappointing bullet point (from a game that doesn't look like it has any reason to struggle). But it's not something I'll notice. I'm looking forward to early reviews to hear about load times - from impressions I heard, those sounded like a worse problem.

In more recent videos load times are like 6 seconds so hopefully the retail version has similarily short load times.

Owensboro

This is the game I feel stupidest about buying day 1. Like, by far. I know I should wait for reviews. I know there will be better things to spend money on. But.....it's Bomberman. How can I not?
Thank god it's only $32 with that GCU and Visa deal

Vitacat

Confirmation of lobby and random online matchmaking is good. Now I will probably buy at or near launch.

As for frame rate, yeah, it's odd that this game is 30fps. But I don't think it will be a problem either.

What is the Switch's full resolution lol? Why not just say a specific number...... is it 1080p in both handheld and docked?

I think it means it runs in 1080p when docked and 720p handheld, which is max for each.

Seems like the perfect title to use to show off spit joy-con multiplayer with some coworkers. :)

This is the game I feel stupidest about buying day 1. Like, by far. I know I should wait for reviews. I know there will be better things to spend money on. But.....it's Bomberman. How can I not?
Thank god it's only $32 with that GCU and Visa deal
Yeahhh I have a 5$ reward certificate too Im really paying like $30 and some change
I think it means it runs in 1080p when docked and 720p handheld, which is max for each.

Aight

Not as many graphics as Skyrim.

That sums up today's generation. I'll still do my part to educate my daughter and son properly.

I'll be picking up Bomberman regardless for Switch since I'll be able to team up with my kids to beat the story mode. Hope they have leaderboards, because I can't my shake my competitive side from all of those Blockbuster video game competitions lol.

Zafir

Make sense, would feel weird doing story with random online, too much trolling can happen.

That's a poor excuse imo. It's also a poor excuse in every other game where it gets brought up, like Mario Party or whatever.

If people want to play with randoms in story, let them.

More over, the reason I, and I'm sure many others would want it. Is to play through the story with a friend, and it isn't always easy to organise get togethers.

I don't see why "you might get trolled" should be a reason to not allow online at all in a co-op mode.

Vitacat

I'm stupid.
If it renders in 1080 but the screen is 720, will it look the same as if the game rendered in 720???
Or a tad better??

On TV you should get the best image quality with full 1080p rendering.

On handheld it'll be 720p, but image quality depends to some degree on how they do it. If they downsample from 1080p, it would probably look slightly smoother than rendering at native 720p. But then again, if they render at 720p they may be able to use the slower GPU mode, and get more battery life.

EDIT: oops, they didn't specifiy resolution. For some reason I thought I'd read it would be 1080p on TV mode. I dunno.

Ridley327

In more recent videos load times are like 6 seconds so hopefully the retail version has similarily short load times.

They said that load times were going to be fixed by release, so I imagine that the most recent build is the fruit of their labor. I'm secretly holding out hope that post-launch support includes plans to try and get the framerate to 60, but given Konami's penny-pinching ways and what appears to be an unfamiliarity with Unity on the part of the two developers working on it, I'm not holding my breath.

The Big N

Banned
Anyone else get immediately think about blast processing when people start arguing how good a game is based on 30 fps/60 fps, or 1080p vs 720/900p?

Remember kids, Sega does what Nintendont!

if it's a locked framerate then 30fps is absolutely fine, cmon now. I'll take a consistent 30 fps over some janky variable framerate any day of the week.

can't wait for friday, I'm ready to bomb some mofos online

Top Bottom