• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS reserves start December 26th.

Boney

Banned
expy said:
Gonna wait till launch day, or later depending on the picepoint. Dont think it'll be hard to find.
Isn't pretty much every console hard to find? Unless it's an N-gage?

picked mine up today...thanks for the heads up OP!

Needed to put $50 down, and she said they'd contact me with final price and color options.

I was the first person to reserve one (just got back from the store)

The woman said there were only 4 games that they were able to reserve (all were shovelware/bad) and they all had a release date of June 1, 2010. That led her to think that's when the system was coming out, even though she thought it would be much earlier. We'll see on that...

mjc

Any dates given now are probably just placeholders. They have no idea, and won't have one until Nintendo tells them.

Jetku

lachesis said:
Well, again I checked by Englewood NJ GS around 11:30a. Still a no go, and insisting for tomorrow.. :(

I just called:
GameStop
17 West Palisade Ave
Englewood, NJ 07631

and asked how much the deposit for 3DS would be. They said that they aren't taking reserves yet. I said something like "Oh, my friend works at GameStop in PA and he said they got an email today on how to take reserves". The girl was very nice to me and went to check. Pleasantly, she said that they are in fact taking reservations with a $50 deposit, but I would have to come in to make it.

I would give them a call or head over. They seem to be straightened out, and were very friendly.

beje

Banned
louis89 said:
Importing this bad boy from Japan.

Please don't cost me more than about £200 :(

I hope you're aware there is a 95% chance that the system is not going to be region-free...

Wazzim

Banned
louis89 said:

Why? It comes here before summer anyways right? And with the possible region lock...
I personally will buy it when Snake Eater hits, something worth the price.

Varion

louis89 said:

I'm not getting my hopes up on that one :( 25000 Yen to pounds is £195 right now without any store markup added on top and definitely without shipping included. So... yeah.

(and before anyone asks, the region lock is why I'm importing it, seen as most of the games I play are imported from Japan anyway I haven't got much of a choice. If it was region free I'd just wait for the UK release.)

I just called Gamestop and some guy in monotone said they are taking reserves on games and not the system.

I asked when they would be and he said when Nintendo gives them a date.

Boney

Banned
Neuromancer said:
I probably could, but it'd have to be later this week. No Gamestops near you or something?
Live down south in Chile. Stupid Gravijah was supposed to do it, but he's pretty much dead.

Linkup

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I just called Gamestop and some guy in monotone said they are taking reserves on games and not the system.

I asked when they would be and he said when Nintendo gives them a date.

should of asked him which games

RobertM

Damn there were a lot of people at GameStop, and it's snowing like crazy. It was funny to see a 10 year old talking about JoyRide and metacritic...oh I was first to pre-order, yay.

Boney

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
I would do it for you.

But I'm too lazy. I'm not even preordering one for myself.
New avatar huh... well lazy boy we'll see who's playing Pokemon when it comes out.

Teknoman

expy said:
Gonna wait till launch day, or later depending on the picepoint. Dont think it'll be hard to find.

2dt7uid.gif

The only games i've seen on the preorder list were Madden 3DS and some Lovely Lisa game...or something.

Infinite Justice said:
you really want to go down this road in this thread?

Is this a thread about gamestop or a thread about 3DS reserves?

They are the worst place to buy games and I wish every single one of their shitty stores went out of business and people would just consider one of the many better alternatives in the market.

Teknoman

SonOfABeep said:

They are the worst place to buy games and I wish every single one of their shitty stores went out of business and people would just consider one of the many better alternatives in the market.

If they hadnt run most of the smaller game stores/Game Crazy out of business, I wouldnt really care about Gamestop. But as things are now, its probably the only gaming specialty store in most US states. I'm sure New York and California have tons of other options though.

I will say I miss Game Crazy (lots of classic titles in good condition) and Gameproz (could buy import games and systems here...got my GBA before the official launch) in Houston though. I'd actually like to try and open my own store, but i've got to learn the ins and outs of the business first.

Grok4Spock

SonOfABeep said:

No one is forcing you to shop at Gamestop, but I personally like the fact that I can preorder hardware and software, and pay on it over time... Try doing that at Amazon....

friskykillface said:
is the "013" on the receipt the number you are for the 3DS?
I got mine pre-ordered at 9:30 am and i had a 002 for mine and then my bro went to another gamestop and his receipt has a 001.
The employee said he was #1 since no one else had pre-ordered.
The employee at mine was such a bitch, she didn't believe me at first that pre-orders were happening :lol , when i asked her she didn't say what number i was :/ she mad

All in all, it went great :D time to wait :lol

I preordered HG/SS a few weeks after preorders started and it said #1 on my receipt.

I think the number in the corner just means the customer you were that day (there was a line ahead of me buying games).

SonOfABeep said:

I don't buy games at Gamestop but I do by hardware there. Why? Product replacement plan. I buy hardware at BestBuy, Walmart, and Gamestop for that reason. Its why I don't buy hardware from Amazon.

Synless

I went back to my gamestop to ask what number I was in preorders and he said that he couldn't look that up and this placeholder means nothing until you confirm it on the 19th. Is he implying other people could be placed in front of me if I don't get ahold of them that day to confirm it?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm definitely not reserving until I see what shitty promos Best Buy, Futureshop and EBgames/Gamestop are having. I'm sure demand will be high, but I'll just wait a few hours outside a Best Buy if it comes down to it.

Synless said:
I went back to my gamestop to ask what number I was in preorders and he said that he couldn't look that up and this placeholder means nothing until you confirm it on the 19th. Is he implying other people could be placed in front of me if I don't get ahold of them that day to confirm it?

He's mistaken.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
And preordered :D

Despite not being able to get over to my store until 12:30 I was apparently still the first to do so (though my coworkers were working and thus couldn't do it themselves yet)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Teknoman said:
If they hadnt run most of the smaller game stores/Game Crazy out of business, I wouldnt really care about Gamestop. But as things are now, its probably the only gaming specialty store in most US states. I'm sure New York and California have tons of other options though.

I will say I miss Game Crazy (lots of classic titles in good condition) and Gameproz (could buy import games and systems here...got my GBA before the official launch) in Houston though. I'd actually like to try and open my own store, but i've got to learn the ins and outs of the business first.
Speaking of that, anyone know how that game store from some gaffer is going? I remember it looking swank as hell

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
LovingSteam said:
I don't buy games at Gamestop but I do by hardware there. Why? Product replacement plan. I buy hardware at BestBuy, Walmart, and Gamestop for that reason. Its why I don't buy hardware from Amazon.
I work at one and don't even bother with the prp. Its a Nintendo system so its already less likely to break than most other electronics I own, and its also new which means I have the 1 year of warranty coverage through Nintendo who has some of the best customer service.

Synless said:
Well, I hope your right. I will be pissed otherwise.

I just called the one I preordered it at. The manager basically said its a placeholder in the sense it doesn't matter if you're #1 or #10. If you are part of the first group, you're guaranteed one day one.

mjc

Synless said:
Well, I hope your right. I will be pissed otherwise.

Just hang onto your first preorder receipt. It has the date and time on it, and those are additional evidence of where you are in the pecking order.

I'm quite sure that everyone who pre-orders before the advertising blitz doesn't have anything to worry about. I think that's the whole point of these early pre-order shenanigans, to assure those who want it most get one.

Glix

-Pyromaniac- said:
I'm quite sure that everyone who pre-orders before the advertising blitz doesn't have anything to worry about. I think that's the whole point of these early pre-order shenanigans, to assure those who want it most get one.

Yeah, this "stealth" pre-order thing is pretty awesome. I didn't have to sleep outside or anything!

careksims

Glix said:
Yeah, this "stealth" pre-order thing is pretty awesome. I didn't have to sleep outside or anything!

Yes I agree! It's not like the nail-biting I had with the Wii pre-order! Ugh I remember getting up at 6am and waiting 4hours for the GS to open... ohhh those times. I swear never again.

stealth method and GaF all the way!

Top Bottom