• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

PolishQ

Are there any under a dollar coins primed for any big announcements that might make them jump the way NEO just did?

CVC's a newcomer that had a good past 24 hours, still under a dollar.

Tierion (TNT) had a successful ICO recently and might go places once the tokens are distributed later this month. They have a Microsoft partnership IIRC. Not on Bittrex yet.

Are there any under a dollar coins primed for any big announcements that might make them jump the way NEO just did?

I'm holding out hope for Tezos once it hits an exchange. Maaaybe ARK, RLC or GNT, but they might take years.

I was also looking at SafeExchangeCoin (SAFEX), but haven't done a lot of research on it quite yet.

Tezos is an interesting one that many have been talking about.

Also BAT has some potential that is at .19.

I still think that OMG is great to get into, but only if it drops back down a bit. I'm afraid that the airdrop of coins may hinder the price a little bit. I bought a very small amount in the $3 range and my brother told me about it when it was $1.29 and I kind of ignored it since I was so wrapped up with NEO. Considering that Vitalik is involved, it has a good chance to really do well.

Brandson

I wonder, does this also render ARK at least partially redundant?
Also I believe Tezos is likely to be listed on exchanges sometime in Q4 this year right? As long as the people behind it don't abscond with the cash it could be a good thing for people who missed out on the early days of ANS/NEO, although it does apparently have over 700 million Tezzies.

From everything I've read about both NEO and Tezos, Tezos seems like it has much more potential to be actually used, which is a key consideration for me. Its market cap could make growth difficult though.

ARK is somewhat redundant, yeah, but just linking multiple blockchains is not that novel. Plasma is quite different, and I think more ambitious. I have been operating under the assumption that anything good from any other crypto will eventually appear on Ethereum, and thus be made redundant. That is only getting started.

So what's the next NEO going to be so I can put more money down? OmiseGo?
OMG is crashing right now; should give you an entry point in a day or so between $3.5 and $4.5

Santiment is also up almost 100% since yesterdays low, but it is tradable only on bitfinex and I am not sure how sustainable it will be. It's still trading below its initial opening a month ago and is a rather solid project, so might be worth looking into. (actually, right now San is correcting; looks good for entering; I've also heard it has been added to bittrex too?)

edit: you might also be interested in EOS for short term trading and Ripple for long-term investment. If EOS breaks out of consolidation, it will jump up too. Ripple is somewhat a wild card. Its technicals look good, but if it doesn't manage to reverse its downward trend, it will just keep on dropping. However, if it does, possibly due to some new partnerships, say with a major credit card such masters or visa, it can substantially increase in price, possibly even overthrowing BTC as the market leader. It's all speculation on my part of course, based on the fact that Ripple is the only coin, as far as I know, that is regulated which makes it suitable for use by financial institutions as it can pass the regulations set by governments.

Well glad I stayed out, omg and neo dropping off a cliff.
My short position is doing well lol I'm tracking the bull trap in a 6 hrs unit, which means the correction is probably major and will take some time to finish.

starting to rise up as of the last 20 min, could be the new bottom!

Yeah, during the YouTube AMA, which had some technical issues, Da Hongfei the CEO did say that there are 2 Japanese exchanges that they spoke with while they were in Japan. You have to wonder how soon they will be added.

Back to $35 right now.

I dropped 1k on NEO at $31.70. Seemed to be some resistance when it dropped below $32. I'd stayed away previously because I don't care for the current wallet options, but screw it, I'm fine leaving that amount on exchanges for now if I go with that option.

DonMigs85

A DGB developer posted this on bitcointalk, which got my hopes up a bit:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg20720548#msg20720548
- A very talented designer & brand strategist has been working diligently on a new DigiByte Logo & branding message the past several weeks. We are getting closer to sharing parts of this with the community.

- We are approaching 70,000 downloads of the full DigiByte core v6.14.2 wallet since the May release.

- With many exchanges slowing or stopping BTC deposits & withdrawals as we approach the August 1st deadline, many people are turning to DGB to move money from exchange to exchange quickly.

- DigiByte is still 40x faster with 15-second blocks, 5 times more decentralized and secure with 5-algo, multi-algo mining and many more times decentralized with 70,000 + full nodes across the globe.

- DigiByte is currently the fastest, most secure and most decentralized UTXO based blockchain in the world.

- The Hong Kong team continues to work toward an MVP release of DiguSign as much feedback from the community has been very helpful in streamlining the project.

- Citi bank has announced the Tech4Integrity awards have been postponed until September. DGB Holdings of HK is very much still in the running.

- Jared has been actively researching open source software foundation structures and researching locations for the upcoming DigiByte Foundation to be based in. Any suggestions or feedback during this process is much appreciated. It will take a few months to properly setup a foundation in the right location.

- Jared met with one of the blocknet co-founders to get DigiByte on one of the worlds first decentralized exchanges. More news will be coming on this.

- As a reminder always properly backup your DigiByte wallet and make sure to research and fully understand DGB before investing or trading. Trading can be risky and very volatile.

- No one on the DigiByte team will answer any price speculation questions or make any market predictions so please do not ask us.

- As stated, many many times over the last 3.5 years we are in this for the long haul. We are focused on creating real world DigiByte blockchain applications and use cases.

- Make sure to share this alerts channel with everyone you know as this is the most direct communication form available for DGB today.

So I'll wait for XRP to rise again, then perhaps buy back into DGB

Tk0n

i choose to keep OMG while i was asleep, as i couldnt determine where my exit should be. it dipped a bit. but i think the momentum is still there. volume looks good too. i guess i stay for a bit longer.
there are just some huge sell walls popping up all the time, driving the price down. but they get eaten fairly quickly.

Brohan

i choose to keep OMG while i was asleep, as i couldnt determine where my exit should be. it dipped a bit. but i think the momentum is still there. volume looks good too. i guess i stay for a bit longer.
there are just some huge sell walls popping up all the time, driving the price down. but they get eaten fairly quickly.

I held aswell, Let's hope it can keep it's current momentum.

Sulik2

Strong FOMO involved with NEO but it's not stopping. Took the risk and didn't sell any yesterday :)

I would not sell neo any time soon. It should have some more big rises when it hits other exchanges and China likes homegrown products. The potential for growth seems quite high.

Donos

If you are interested in SiaCoin, now is probably the best time to get it dirt cheap. Was going down all week (probably related to the interview about not wanting moon prices and the filecoin ICO).

50 $ alone gives you around 6166.18 coins. So get some, store in wallet and check back in 2 years. Filecoin had problems again with their ICO yesterday. Still, they raised a lot of money and have some strong/big supporters.Let's see if they can deliver the tech they promise.

Tk0n

If you are interested in SiaCoin, now is probably the best time to get it dirt cheap. Was going down all week (probably related to the interview about not wanting moon prices and the filecoin ICO).

50 $ alone gives you around 6166.18 coins. So get some, store in wallet and check back in 2 years. Filecoin had problems again with their ICO yesterday. Still, they raised a lot of money and have some strong/big supporters.Let's see if they can deliver the tech they promise.

man, SIA and DGB bring tears to my eyes, if i look at them in blockfolio.
at least i didnt put too much money into them.
should have bought ANS instead :p

Instro

Lol well that's what I get. I thought put in an order for omg last night, turns out I bought neo. Ordering altcoin while tired is not a good idea folks.

Donos

man, SIA and DGB bring tears to my eyes, if i look at them in blockfolio.
at least i didnt put too much money into them.
should have bought ANS instead :p

Not too hot on DGB anymore. Switched 100 € i had in it back into OMG and XEM, just in time before it started to dip more. Going to add 50 € of it later which is still over 3000 coins, just in case it blows up sometime. It's still super cheap, but following the community/devs made me think that it's not as promising as others.

Going to keep my Sia since i still think it's a good project and was a long term hold for me anyway.

OMG already with 200 € profit although i bought in late.

TeegsD

Transitioned about $24 out of ETH last night into OMG while it was at $5.56. I felt like it could dip lower but I wanted to trade out ETH while it was above $300. Glad I did right now!

I see some folks mentioning SiaCoin. I'm intrigued by it, however there doesn't seem to be a lot of positivity on the subreddit. Though, throwing $5 at it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Tk0n

OMG already with 200 € profit although i bought in late.

yeah, i was late too.
i sold my ARK and bought OMG. now ark is going down and OMG is going up. i guess it was a good trade even if it was a bit late.

i can always trade back and buy quite a bit more ARK than i had. or maybe i finally invest in ANS/NEO. i could still hit myself that i didnt buy in when they where like 5$.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ok, jumping on crypto bandwagon. Probably my dad will join me soon, because he is getting interested in crypto, especially in ETH

Anyone of you guys had issues with verification on Kraken? I need to send a passport scan, because they are not satisfied with my ID Card scans.

On the other side, Bitstamp verified me in 5 minutes with the same scans

PolishQ

Ok, jumping on crypto bandwagon. Probably my dad will join me soon, because he is getting interested in crypto, especially in ETH

Anyone of you guys had issues with verification on Kraken? I need to send a passport scan, because they are not satisfied with my ID Card scans.

On the other side, Bitstamp verified me in 5 minutes with the same scans

No experience with Kraken, but welcome to the party!

Sulik2

Do ETH tranfers always take forever? Trying to move a lit bit of my eth to Bittrinex to buy some SIA and I have 0 confirmations in 3 hours.

Do ETH tranfers always take forever? Trying to move a lit bit of my eth to Bittrinex to buy some SIA and I have 0 confirmations in 3 hours.

I think there was another post about a ETH deposit taking awhile there, so I don't think you're alone. FWIW my BTC deposit took ~20 minutes yesterday.

Instro

The Eth wallet on Bittrex was having issues yesterday it took a couple hours to get my Eth over as well.

The Eth wallet on Bittrex was having issues yesterday it took a couple hours to get my Eth over as well.

Yeah, they were having all kinds of issues in the morning and at night when I tried transferring over some eth from coinbase. I think the Eth wallet was in maint mode again this morning.

I also jumped into some Ten-X today, it seems like they might be doing some interesting things soon with the project. I know people have been getting their cards already in the mail which could be a gamechanger. I was reading in the US this is not something that they have allowed yet, is that true?

Do you guys see a possible pull back on OMG since it just keep climbing?

Brohan

Yeah, they were having all kinds of issues in the morning and at night when I tried transferring over some eth from coinbase. I think the Eth wallet was in maint mode again this morning.

I also jumped into some Ten-X today, it seems like they might be doing some interesting things soon with the project. I know people have been getting their cards already in the mail which could be a gamechanger. I was reading in the US this is not something that they have allowed yet, is that true?

Think it just had a small one and i feel like it's just going to keep rising now.

IOTA is also running like a well oiled machine right now.

Think it just had a small one and i feel like it's just going to keep rising now.

IOTA is also running like a well oiled machine right now.

LOL! Yeah just saw that and missed out on it the dip. I didn't buy many the day before and I was thinking of adding a bit more. I was tempted when it was $1.29 and missed out.

Brohan

LOL! Yeah just saw that and missed out on it the dip. I didn't buy many the day before and I was thinking of adding a bit more. I was tempted when it was $1.29 and missed out.

Only got in yesterday at 6.20 but can;t complain because i feel it's going places.

Also i really feel like now is the time to get into IOTA.

Brandson

There will definitely be a harsh correction at some point. Could be this weekend or a week from now, or later, but it has to happen at some point. That's just how crypto markets work.
I think the maximum retracement would be to around 0.0135 ETH, but it probably won't go that far. If it bounces off of around 0.0175 ETH strongly, then that would be a good place to enter or buy more. It's giving an excellent preview of things to come right now. For me personally, I've decided not to buy it, but I think OMG will ultimately have a good future for those holding it.

vehn

There will definitely be a harsh correction at some point. Could be this weekend or a week from now, or later, but it has to happen at some point. That's just how crypto markets work.
I think the maximum retracement would be to around 0.0135 ETH, but it probably won't go that far. If it bounces off of around 0.0175 ETH strongly, then that would be a good place to enter or buy more. It's giving an excellent preview of things to come right now. For me personally, I've decided not to buy it, but I think OMG will ultimately have a good future for those holding it.

do you think it's worth it to put up a stop limit order ... that will trade it all back into ETH at like 0.0200? Would hate to wake up one morning and see it at 0.0150 or lower :/

Brandson

do you think it's worth it to put up a stop limit order ... that will trade it all back into ETH at like 0.0200? Would hate to wake up one morning and see it at 0.0150 or lower :/

Others might give different advice, but I generally don't like stop limit orders in crypto. In the case of a quick price fluctuation, your order could trigger and it could bounce off to the races again without you there to react. Instead, I prefer to follow the markets very closely, and then trade manually when trading opportunities present themselves. Price movements overnight are something you just have to live with in cryptoland, unfortunately.

A strategy I employ when I'm not sure what's coming next, is sometimes I go 50/50 crypto/fiat, or a slightly different percentage if I believe in one outcome more strongly. I can then sell the other portion if the price goes up more (but I still think a correction is overdue), or I can buy more if the price drops. This doesn't always work, but it can eliminate some of the uneasiness for me at times.

Brandson

BREAKING: Bitfinex immediately halting verifications for new US customers, and will discontinue all services to US customers in 90 days.

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/216

This is really unfortunate. The U.S. government could be doing a much better job at adapting to the changing times. I wonder if the SEC was threatening Bitfinex behind the scenes.

Edit: Bitfinex also halting trading of EOS and Santiment to US customers on August 16. If you are in the US and hold either of those, you should consider selling them immediately or moving them to another exchange.

Instro

BREAKING: Bitfinex immediately halting verifications for new US customers, and will discontinue all services to US customers in 90 days.

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/216

This is really unfortunate. The U.S. government could be doing a much better job at adapting to the changing times. I wonder if the SEC was threatening Bitfinex behind the scenes.

Edit: Bitfinex also halting trading of EOS and Santiment to US customers on August 16. If you are in the US and hold either of those, you should consider selling them immediately or moving them to another exchange.

Yeesh.

Top Bottom