• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Weekly Episode 3

Maxrpg said:
Where were you all the last two episodes? Jeez.

What? We were saying the exact same things back then as we are now. I mean, I like your obvious enthusiasm and love for gaming, but this is just bad, awful and awkward.

I like your guts man. Don't listen to the haters. It's obvious to me that you love video games and that your having fun. That's all that counts right now. Listen to the good, constructive criticism your getting and take action on it. I look forward to seeing you enact the changes others are suggesting you make.

fresquito

Maxrpg said:
I agree that the first few episodes will suck - but the thing is, this is my first time doing anything like this AT ALL. So give me a break here.
I've alredy said this to you. If you think things will improve magically, you're wrong. You've got to think in advance. You have to draw sketches, write a script. Record different takes and use some time in post-prodution duties. This can be done without much resources, but with lots of hard work. We all appreaciate your enthusiasm, but you must realise that it's not enough.

I'll try to make an analogy. Some bands have released good albums with crappy production. You could see the potential behind those layers of bad sound, awfull mixing and lame recording sessions. But behind those shortcomings, there were good lines, lyrics, and rhythms. In the end, they are good because it's all about the good ideas. Then there're these awful albums with bad production, and awful music. There's nothing that can save them. Your show enters into the second realm. There're no good ideas behind the crappy production. You're on your own, you just may have a camera and use some rudimentary programs to mix the videos, but that's hardly a excuse. There's not good ideas brough down by a crappy production or a bad execution, simply there're no ideas put to execution.

There's no plan, no direction, nothing to make it stand on its own, even when bad done. There's no thought put behind the tempo of the show. There's no goal for it either. If you really want to begin getting some good criticism, you should start thinking before doing. That's the first step, until you realise this, you're walking aimlessly. Think what you're good at. Think what people will enjoy more. Use some advice before releasing the final version. Edit if needed. Use some breaks, something like a small video of a rainy day if you're going to present something melancholic. Some happy music mixed with a sunny day in the park shots if the tone is going to be light. Something that make people think there's a soul behind the camera, something that's not a nerd that is experimenting the goods of youtube.

Take your time if you need more. You don't have any obligation to present it in a regular basis. You're starting the thing, these are your first steps, forcing yourself to run faster than you can won't ease anything.

Ashodin

fresquito said:
I've alredy said this to you. If you think things will improve magically, you're wrong. You've got to think in advance. You have to draw sketches, write a script. Record different takes and use some time in post-prodution duties. This can be done without much resources, but with lots of hard work. We all appreaciate your enthusiasm, but you must realise that it's not enough.

I'll try to make an analogy. Some bands have released good albums with crappy production. You could see the potential behind those layers of bad sound, awfull mixing and lame recording sessions. But behind those shortcomings, there were good lines, lyrics, and rhythms. In the end, they are good because it's all about the good ideas. Then there're these awful albums with bad production, and awful music. There's nothing that can save them. Your show enters into the second realm. There're no good ideas behind the crappy production. You're on your own, you just may have a camera and use some rudimentary programs to mix the videos, but that's hardly a excuse. There's not good ideas brough down by a crappy production or a bad execution, simply there're no ideas put to execution.

There's no plan, no direction, nothing to make it stand on its own, even when bad done. There's no thought put behind the tempo of the show. There's no goal for it either. If you really want to begin getting some good criticism, you should start thinking before doing. That's the first step, until you realise this, you're walking aimlessly. Think what you're good at. Think what people will enjoy more. Use some advice before releasing the final version. Edit if needed. Use some breaks, something like a small video of a rainy day if you're going to present something melancholic. Some happy music mixed with a sunny day in the park shots if the tone is going to be light. Something that make people think there's a soul behind the camera, something that's not a nerd that is experimenting the goods of youtube.

Take your time if you need more. You don't have any obligation to present it in a regular basis. You're starting the thing, these are your first steps, forcing yourself to run faster than you can won't ease anything.

For you to spend so much time writing this all out, wanna help me write scripts? :lol

imthemaid

Banned
i find you much more charismatic and entertaining than sp0rsk is on the gafcast. that may be a backhanded compliment, but i am looking forward to the next show. the awkwardness is probably my favourite aspect. i hope that you aren't persuaded, by some of the comments in this thread, to change the direction of the show too drastically. please try to retain what makes wii weekly unique and special.

My first suggestion is to find something better to do with your New Years Eve than acting like an idiot on YouTube. You'll thank me.

My second suggestion is to stop being such a black hole for funny.

I think that, for now, you should focus - really focus - on just ONE thing. Just focus on one thing you want to do in this show, and concentrate on doing it. Games reviews would be a good start, but it's your choice.

As it is, it seems... aimless.

Jefklak

shit. The first few seconds are already unbearable. Please do something about that amplifier like last episode. And DON'T EVER DO THOSE SELF-SKETCHES AGAIN. *shrugs*

edit: buy a cheap tv card and record directly. !!!!! gee

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
oly crap. You fiuckin suck dude. Horrible, so unfunny. It feels like 20 minutes of straight dork hell. holy crap. please stop. please.

Ohh my god that was so bad! It's like you got a disease or something. **** THAT WAS LAME! I am speechless :(

A few .gif's who explain my opinion about your video.

7487222qsc4z4.gif

647316dontcry0ol.gif

90310521934phpesjv7f2xg.gif

950627f4e6c5db.gif

982696shutyoass2_2.gif

master15

I hope this doesn't come across mean but that was awful and I don't see any reedemable values with your so called 'show' at all.

If you had half a brain, it would be clear there's a million things wrong with the show, starting primarily with you and how your hosting. And unlike Gamerlife where it was so bad and akward it was watchable, wii weekly ends up plain bad :(

FartOfWar

Banned
Editing, pacing, presence--**** all that noise when you've lost what good-willed audience you might've had within seconds. I hated you the moment you appeared tongue-bathing a Wiimote like some great big manbaby. Imagine for a moment people behaving this way with mp3 players and keyboards. Shit makes me embarrassed to make a living writing about games.

Xrenity

Awkward first two minutes.

Can't be bothered to watch te rest, sorry.

Liked your Zelda dungeon 7-glitch/thingy video better.

fresquito said:

QFT.

Wow. I mean, wow. I went in expecting something somewhat bad, but really, you've got to rethink a lot of what you're doing if you ever want to pull out something moderately entertaining.

Mason

master15 said:
I hope this doesn't come across mean but that was awful and I don't see any reedemable values with your so called 'show' at all.

If you had half a brain, it would be clear there's a million things wrong with the show, starting primarily with you and how your hosting. And unlike Gamerlife where it was so bad and akward it was watchable, wii weekly ends up plain bad :(

This is a much harsher way of saying what I was thinking. Max, there are a lot of basic things a show like this needs (including script writing, good editing, pacing, content, screen presence, etc) that you don't appear to have any grasp of. I would really recommend that if you're serious about doing this and it's not just something you're doing to occupy your time because you're having fun with the recently released Wii, get some books about media production or watch a lot of newscasts and videocasts to get an idea of how it should be done. Like others have said, you're not going to magically get better with more shows simply because you keep making them. You lack most of the fundamental basics it takes to make a show like this in the first place.

Top Bottom