• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Well giving the hacking scene is finally here, I imagine a brawl port of snake to smash 4 will definetly happen in the near future lol.....same for wolf and maybe ice climbers now that I think about it.

It is slightly confusing, but I am not sure whether "the hacking scene is finally here". Apparently there's some additional confusion regarding actual opcodes. Who knows though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
http://finalsmashcomic.tumblr.com

tumblr_o6o9ufeTg61uintnzo2_r8_1280.png

tumblr_o6o9ufeTg61uintnzo1_r9_1280.png

tumblr_o6o9ufeTg61uintnzo5_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_o6o9ufeTg61uintnzo4_r4_1280.png

It's not great replacement for Brawl in the Family but it have it's own gems tho.

ffdgh

It is slightly confusing, but I am not sure whether "the hacking scene is finally here". Apparently there's some additional confusion regarding actual opcodes. Who knows though.

I mean roughly speaking it's just starting. Already know the good stuff will take months/years to come.

http://finalsmashcomic.tumblr.com

It's not great replacement for Brawl in the Family but it have it's own gems tho.

....To be fair an eviolite would have been all she needed to make her bulkier(heavier) lol.

Jawmuncher

The magic words Boss...

Kaz waited 9 years. We can wait longer to hear them.

Geez crazy to think in two years it'll be 10 years since brawl. We probably are gonna be waiting longer than Kaz did.

They seem to be trying to move to having consistent actors for the Star Fox characters, and bringing back as many 64 voice actors as possible. Mike West isn't bad at Fox at all, his direction in Smash was just poor. Zero shows that he can still do the 64 voice perfectly. Considering everyone seems well aware how poorly his Smash 4 voice was received, they'll probably re-record it. Maybe not for Smash 4 NX, but for Smash 5.

With Wolf being the exception to using 64 voices going forward. They seem to want to keep his Brawl voice as his main voice, which is awesome, since his Brawl voice is my favorite version of the character.

Because Mike West (Fox's original VA from SF64) voiced him in Starfox 64 3D and later on Star Fox Zero.

Yeah makes sense to consolidate voice actors. Haven't played Star Fox Zero, but it's good to know that it was just voice direction and not a loss of talent when it comes to that smash 4 performance.

no more fire emblem characters

no more

unless they have an axe

I think we need more variety than just a different weapon at this point. I'm not saying corrin and robin didn't bring variety, but they all fit way too well together in terms of looks since it's been nothing but lords in the game.

trixx

To be honest I'm not really sure what would pull me in to a new smash title. Pretty satisfied with Smash 4s content and gameplay as well as melee. Smash 4 with new characters on nx wouldn't even pull me in

Only think I can think of is a melee/64 hd game

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So you're telling Jawmuncher and me...
...theres a chance?

There is always a chance for Snake to come back but its pretty bad tho.

Who am i kidding, even if they just add one new character for the NX version I'll probably end up buying it.

Same here. I would even buy new characters' amiibo as well. :p

Patiently awaiting the hacking craze to hit smash 4. We'll finally have fountain of dreams again...

I wonder how long they would work on mods for Wii U? Especially with NX and Smash NX coming out next year.

so who won your poll, heath

I'm still working on it. Thank you for the reminder.

Wait, so Smash Bros. NX is an actual thing now? Not just speculation?

A leak came from a reliable source which is good enough for me.

Paper Mario please.

I've been waiting since Melee, I can't get angry at Smah ever again because of Cloud tho.

The best Newcomer ever

Kinsei

Banned
Give me a Rhythm Heaven Rep, Dark Samus, Ridley, Pig Ganon, or Captain Toad/Toadette and I would be content with the roster of Smash 6 no matter the amount of cuts or even if every other character was a FE character.

Clefargle

Yeah, a fighting game should totally never have good balance.

In fact it's a good idea to leave characters like Jigglypuff and Zelda bad forever.

I can't believe people hold this opinion. The best thing about smash 4 is that it is relatively much more balanced than Melee/brawl. Why people would want less characters to be viable or for developers to consciously create tiers is beyond me...

Why not add in Azura as an assist trophy?

You summon her, and she'll do her dance/song, once that's done you get a random stat boost for the whole duration of her appearance like Xerneas or Riki.

I like the stage editor and would love to see more options added.

Game matches on "flat" maps are supremely boring to me. But I do understand the reason for many players preferring it, because the interactive stages are sometime way too overboard with features.

Map editor lets you add in a few obstacles while still omitting the crazier elements.

Neoxon

Make me wonder why they couldn't just keep Fox's voice the same as in Brawl. That was such an upgrade so to revert in WiiU was pretty sad.
Because Nintendo got Mike West back, the original English Fox voice actor. He's been used since Star Fox 64 3D onwards, so he was brought on for Smash 4 for the sake of consistency.

Oh, super job, IntelliHeath, I was waiting for this!

But, uh, I got nothing to say right now, so I'mma just subscribe for the time being.

EDIT: Oh, I know--I really want them to update Fox and Falco's designs to their Zero designs in the next Smash. I'm sick of their Command inspired asses, and those clown shoes are an eyesore.

And I wanted to make a bad joke at the expense of the absurd FE character bloat but I'm going to keep my mouth shut for now. But after playing through Zero I still can't believe they thought two more FE characters were a better choice than bringing back Wolf.

Menitta

I'd be totally fine if Jigglypuff was gone, but the millions of people who don't play him would be furious that he's gone. Like Jade from Mortal Kombat or Ice Cl- oh...

Why not add in Azura as an assist trophy?

You summon her, and she'll do her dance/song, once that's done you get a random stat boost for the whole duration of her appearance like Xerneas or Riki.

I still want my Pegasus Triangle Attack Assist Trophy. Back in the pre-Brawl days when the game was being demoed, there were fake reports out there regarding all sorts of things, including assist trophies that weren't really in, and this is the one that stuck out to me.

For Smash 4, the only fake AT report I can remember was Chunky Kong.

Give me a Rhythm Heaven Rep, Dark Samus, Ridley, Pig Ganon, or Captain Toad/Toadette and I would be content with the roster of Smash 6 no matter the amount of cuts or even if every other character was a FE character.

Never even thought of these two. Now I have three desire newcomers, I'll be happy with just one appearing

Captain Toad would be even more ground based than Little Mac. Literally cannot jump. No aerials.

I love Little Mac, so I'm good. Besides they can change things, I mean Link never jumps in his game (until Four Swords with some item).

Captain Falcon was just a Portrait, but look at him now. Majestic. (He kinda deserves to be on the cover of every Smash)

Also did anybody find it Amusing how Samus was front and center of Smash 4?, it was pretty cool, but strange.

PK Gaming

And I wanted to make a bad joke at the expense of the absurd FE character bloat but I'm going to keep my mouth shut for now. But after playing through Zero I still can't believe they thought two more FE characters were a better choice than bringing back Wolf.

Yeah, but at least the latest FE game was actually incredibly good while Zero sucked :V :V :V :V :V

It's cool, me and Mamba are super duper tight

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Replace Mega Man with X.

PK Gaming

no more fire emblem characters

no more

unless they have an axe

Hector is honestly way too cool for Smash Bros

tumblr_inline_nr2mj0JDol1sacfzq_500.gif

No, the next FE rep (and there will be FE reps in the next game; expect at least 3) will be the next young sword wielding lords that everybody loves unconditionally

Neoxon

I'd be totally fine if Jigglypuff was gone, but the millions of people who don't play him would be furious that he's gone. Like Jade from Mortal Kombat or Ice Cl- oh...
Ice Climbers were only axed because of the 3DS version. They would have returned otherwise.

I predict Smash 7 will be roughly half Fire Emblem characters.

EDIT: Seriously though, I don't care how unique the next ten FE game's main characters are interpreted to be, I don't want to see another one for a good long while.

I also don't really want to see a character with a down-B counter in a while either. These things are seemingly connected for some reason.

PK Gaming

There's this part in FE:Fates where the main villain explains his motivations

"I just wanted Sakurai... to add an FE villain to the roster"

There's quite a few curious references to Smash in Star Fox Zero as well, especially around Wolf (he takes his voice and clothing from Brawl)

Clothing yeah, voice no. It's the same as 64 3D.

Make me wonder why they couldn't just keep Fox's voice the same as in Brawl. That was such an upgrade so to revert in WiiU was pretty sad.

They did... In Japanese.

More Final Fantasy Music would be appreciated.

Throw in some other SE music too

A Splatoon stage with Jet Set Radio and The World Ends With You music would singlehandedly complete my life.

The Legend of Zelda deserves more representation honestly. I like Fire Emblem but having 6 FE reps while Zelda only has 5 (with 2 of them being clones) is kinda dumb. We could have had Ghirahim, Fi, Midna, Tetra, Impa, Skull Kid, literally anything but no :(

Wolf's actor in Star Fox Zero is Jay Ward, who voiced him in Brawl. It's not his 643D actor.
It's kind of funny, because while they hired a 64 voice soundalike for Wolf in 643D, Jay Ward still does a voice in 643D (the training raccoon guy with the oddly sexy voice). Perhaps they were planning on keeping him around for Wolf and only used the soundalike for consistency with 64.

EDIT: Another thing concerning Star Fox Zero voices that has to do with Smash--the secret taunt voices are really weird in SSB4. The stage and situation are clearly from Assault, but the characters are all using their 64/Zero voices, and Krystal's nowhere to be seen.

Top Bottom