• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

because doing it on emulators is a pain in the ass and most people don't use PCs.

It also fucks with your sense of progression in the game tbh, lol

Yeah that's true. I tm on my phone cause it's easier. But I guess that only works if you have two phones lol.

I can see the issue with the sense of progression. It's probably why the game rarely feels challenging even when you lack top tier units.

Fantomex

Question for you guys. Since I'm only rank 25 and some of you are rank 95. If you use my ExDeath does he scale up so he can actually help you? Or is he the weakest person in your group by default because I'm so low level?

Muku

No wonder some of us don't have any luck. Dude just pulled a boatload of everyone elses stuff. ;)

Question for you guys. Since I'm only rank 25 and some of you are rank 95. If you use my ExDeath does he scale up so he can actually help you? Or is he the weakest person in your group by default because I'm so low level?

Rank has nothing to do with him. It's his level, gear, upgrades, etc. that matter how he functions. But if he only has like 255 MAG, and we're using our own that has like 500 or 600 MAG then yeah, he's going to be underpowered compared to our own.

Iceman829

The unit you share is the same for the borrower. Don't worry too much about what unit you share though. Most of the people here just borrow the OP units everyone has unless they (Valentus) is trying to complete a specific mission using a certain type of unit.

Everyone helps one another out. Daily gifting is good enough don't sweat it. I've been here since near the start of the game and my units are average compared to people here. We just help each other out with strategies to beat those tough missions.

Vashetti

Banned

Rank doesn't affect anything apart from your own NRG capacity.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So, I only got 10,694 candy 'cause I wasn't actually running the event much. What do y'all think I should buy?

I'm torn between the Soul Crown (for my healer who's wearing Mystery Veil) or the non-character exclusive materias and additional stuff.

I did a 10+1 pull ... 2 Leons, which future-proof my Greg and Luneth nicely. Oh, and my 11th Mercedes. :|

Admittedly, I wish it hadn't taken 40 tickets and 5000 Lapis, but the +50% ATK, I think, was worth it.

Guess I'm TM farming again...

TM1:

Leon x2
Snow x2
Randi

(Long haul...).

TM2:

Chorizo x2
Hayate x2
Ramza

On deck: Yun, Cupid Luna.

Valentus

Heres the vídeo of my fight

Another week, another trial. This time FFII event. It wasnt a hard trial like the past weeks, but its a tricky one to get all the Achievements.

The team i used in this trial:

Luka: Rune Bell, Creepy Mask, Muscle Belt x2 - HP+10% x4

Primm: Mighty Hammer, Escutcheon, Soul Crown, Magi Robe, Muscle Belt x2 - MP+20% x2, Guardians Autorithy x2

Cecil: Twin Lance, Snowstorm Shield, Grand Helm, Demon Mail, Muscle Belt - HP+10%, HP+15%, DEF+10% x2

Exdeath: Wizard Rod, Stellar Shield, Survivor Helm, Force Armor, Muscle Belt x2 - Twinspell x3, HP+15%

Ling: Survival Edges, Green Beret, Sage's Robe, Muscle Belt, Jewelled Ring - HP+15% x3, Destroyer's Autorithy

Exdeath friend (thanks lyrian!)

Basically i bet on Cecil's LB, what is a big gamble because i only had Cecil a main crystal generation (that's why i equipped her Twin Spear, to attack twice, also i used hyper on him for even faster lb generation) And relied again on Both Exdeath's double meteors.

Also, for more MAG power, i chose Primm over Tilith (aside of bigger HP pool) because she can boost MAG and ATK, so My exdeaths could kill the bombs on turn 1, and the Sargeants in 3 turns. Ling was there for SPR debuff, and item supply.

It was a short fight but without a good strategy and a little luck, i couldnt get all the achievements.

Holy shite call me a monkey's uncle because I thought there was no way in hell they'd update the crystals before Orlandu hit. Especially since they outright said we didn't have enough 5* bases to do it but who cares? Fuck yeah! Clearly their pushing Orlandu back into the ether and that's a big part of the reason they're willing to do it so soon. I wonder how valuable he'll be by the time he finally hits for people that don't have Tactics nostalgia haha So happy this will hit before the FFX banner! *salivates* As someone that hasn't had the mass rainbow luck that many here have had, I'm more excited for the golds being fixed but don't get me wrong, still a god send to know when I get a rainbow again there's not chance of a troll. Not all 5* bases are created equal but a number of them have damn fine TMs so it'd be hard to be disappointed when I currently only have one of them.

In other news, think I'm going to rank up while TM farming today...doh! Oh well, on the bright side I drained all the NRG before bed so now I'll have full NRG to play with when I get home so only reason it's a bummer is that 100 lapis goes to Nox. Guess I'll be upgrading another slot! I honestly could use more unit slots anyway. I've been hoarding Arena coins like crazy because I have a bunch of ATK pots taking up space since I don't have my second DPS unit yet and I don't want to risk wasting more space by pulling ATK pots or selecting them on the reward grid. It's going to be nuts using the reward grid when I finally get that unit, I'll have thousands of coins to spend by that point ha Also too many metal gigantuars wasting space too.

It doesn't scale up but this community is awesome and we add newbies on here not for the benefit of having their unit but to share our unit with you guys. You very well could have a beast of your own in time to share back though :)

Fantomex

Rank doesn't affect anything apart from your own NRG capacity.

The unit you share is the same for the borrower. Don't worry too much about what unit you share though. Most of the people here just borrow the OP units everyone has unless they (Valentus) is trying to complete a specific mission using a certain type of unit.

Everyone helps one another out. Daily gifting is good enough don't sweat it. I've been here since near the start of the game and my units are average compared to people here. We just help each other out with strategies to beat those tough missions.

No wonder some of us don't have any luck. Dude just pulled a boatload of everyone elses stuff. ;)

Rank has nothing to do with him. It's his level, gear, upgrades, etc. that matter how he functions. But if he only has like 255 MAG, and we're using our own that has like 500 or 600 MAG then yeah, he's going to be underpowered compared to our own.

Got it. Thanks guys.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Since they announced, the following week will still most likely be FFZero P2. Followed by the new Global Unit. But I'll assume they are slipping in the FFXIV Raid in first, before the FFT2 Mog King.

Which is good for new players specifically, you get a 6* Healer. So Refia and Ruka wouldn't be the only ones

tuffymon

Another week, another trial. This time FFII event. It wasnt a hard trial like the past weeks, but its a tricky one to get all the Achievements.

The team i used in this trial:

Luka: Rune Bell, Creepy Mask, Muscle Belt x2 - HP+10% x4

Primm: Mighty Hammer, Escutcheon, Soul Crown, Magi Robe, Muscle Belt x2 - MP+20% x2, Guardians Autorithy x2

Cecil: Twin Lance, Snowstorm Shield, Grand Helm, Demon Mail, Muscle Belt - HP+10%, HP+15%, DEF+10% x2

Exdeath: Wizard Rod, Stellar Shield, Survivor Helm, Force Armor, Muscle Belt x2 - Twinspell x3, HP+15%

Ling: Survival Edges, Green Beret, Sage's Robe, Muscle Belt, Jewelled Ring - HP+15% x3, Destroyer's Autorithy

Basically i bet on Cecil's LB, what is a big gamble because i only had Cecil a main crystal generation (that's why i equipped her Twin Spear, to attack twice, also i used hyper on him for even faster lb generation) And relied again on Both Exdeath's double meteors.

Also, for more MAG power, i chose Primm over Tilith (aside of bigger HP pool) because she can boost MAG and ATK, so My exdeaths could kill the bombs on turn 1, and the Sargeants in 3 turns. Ling was there for SPR debuff, and item supply.

It was a short fight but without a good strategy and a little luck, i couldnt get all the achievements.

Goes to show, that preparation wins over just having roided units. I lost my first time with a really strong (albeit) physical team, but know that I'll need to make adjustments for next time. Good job, I gave the first +1 for ya~

edit room for 3 on my flist 622 464 324

I'm assuming this event is going to be easy peasy using my Arena strat for when Blizzard Flask is locked like last week:

Refia: Embolden

Noctis: Thunder Flask

ExDeath: DC Thundaga

CoD: DC Thundaga

WoL: The AoE light attack or maybe some Full Break for this event

Considering what this does to OP whales in Arena, I'm sure it will crush the enemies of this event but maybe I'll be surprised. Oh yeah, I can actually use a friend for this so I can get a second Thunder Flask in or choose an ExDeath and get a third DC Thundaga in....mwhahahaha

The event features Rain commentary! And an "enquire" + "Wild Rose"! Okay, THIS is so much better than the SoM event some intern threw together.

And that music.

Loving this so far.

Fantomex

Since they announced, the following week will still most likely be FFZero P2. Followed by the new Global Unit. But I'll assume they are slipping in the FFXIV Raid in first, before the FFT2 Mog King.

Which is good for new players specifically, you get a 6* Healer. So Refia and Ruka wouldn't be the only ones

Tell me more friend! I use the weak one you get by default

Does Vivi ever get enhancements? It makes me so sad to see such a cool iconic character stuck in 4* hell.

one of my hopes is that global exclusive upgrades extend out towards more of the FF cast

Id rather see straight star upgrades than slapping enhancements on 4 and 5 star units

Valentus

Now that the work is done i Will do my pulls!

Daily: penelo! GOD bless you
Ticket 1: Mercedes! ...Alright?
Ticket 2: Leon. Im done here EX-gaf?

Lyrian

Hey, I'm on TV!

Cleared ELT (with that Exdeath) a short while ago. Got all of the achievements except for the no-death one, as Exdeath temporarily was downed as a result of unlucky RNG while reaching one of the Captain's thresholds for triggering Sweep. That one is going to be a real crapshoot to get and probably not worth the effort for only 10 lapis as RNGesus has to bless you three times during that fight to get a no-death win.

I had tried to break the Captain's defenses down via Elza's SPR break + Seven's Elemental-lash. It works, but the gains weren't anywhere near what I has hoping for and not worth the effort.

Still, it is interesting (and alarming) that Gumi can simply toggle a binary switch on the mobs in a difficulty and shut down all physical attackers, no matter how TM'd they are. The gap in difficulty between PRO and ELT once more is enormously large, albeit this time through purely artificial means.

I'm going to need to work on some mage TMs in the future, as surely this will happen again.

The event features Rain commentary! And an "enquire" + "Wild Rose"! Okay, THIS is so much better than the SoM event some intern threw together.

And that music.

Loving this so far.

The nods to the current story content with Zoldaad are nice. Although that made me wonder if for some reason the FF2 event in regard to the Dreadnought had to be released before the Dreadnought levels at the end of Zoldaad came out.

Looking at the JP release schedule, that didn't happen. The rest of Zoldaad came out before FF2 in Japan. Weird.

chrono01

Lol. I've been seeing you in the FE thread but didn't want to ask if you were coming back or not. New game threads are bit less casual in my experience. Good to see you back :)
Thanks.

FE is fun, but there's really not a lot to do in the game right now. In fact, I've been sitting on maximum stamina for a day now, since I have no other 5* to work on and not enough feathers to evolve a 4* to a 5*. They really need to make feathers even more accessible to people, otherwise they're going to lose interest. More event maps would be nice too, only get a few every couple of weeks is frustrating.

But who knows? Maybe they have a massive content patch ready for us?

Nice to see you are still here Chrono :)
Yep, still here! Just not as active vocally, but still here none the less. I'll try to be a little more active so as to have my voice heard. Maybe daily multi-quotes, or something.

Nice of you to drop by.
How could I resist a drop-by multi-quote? I COULD NOT!

So I decided to log on today for the update and was greeted with a summons ticket

Ae0GlsIl.png

Hmmm rainbow on a single pull? Probably trash

Wt8j0TNl.png

Somewhere Chilly is crying softly into his pillow.

Congrats!

Sooooo crystal change right as I drop 250 for the emp and didnt get him. Brb going to slit my wrists. 3 troll rainbows 🌈 out of this by the way.
:(

Maybe your $250 on the Emperor is what caused Gumi to initiate the crystal change. Maybe we're to thank you for having it arrive earlier than anticipated. Your sacrifice has saved us all.

Crystal change incoming?! This is big, guys. So excited!
I can't believe we're getting it as early as we are (I was thinking maybe another 6 months or so), but it's definitely a pleasant surprise!

So fucking hype for the new update and it couldn't have come at a better time considering Fire Emblem Heroes turned out to be the most disappointing gacha I have played in years. It's nice to know FFBE will continue to be my main gacha for the foreseeable future.
I enjoy FE since it's casual (and fun, at times). I don't need to invest a lot of time in it, which is nice, since I play other gatcha games. That being said, more content would be nice...

But hey, at least you have FFBE to fall back on!

oh my god i have been complaining about not getting a rainbow crystal since WoL came out.

1 ticket.

1 Emperor.

.eJwVzEEOhCAMQNG7cACKtTOCtyFIkEQsoXVlvPuMq_9W_zbXOMxqdtUuK8BWJfHYrCiPWLItzOXIsVexiRtE1Zj2lk8VQOdxCbP7zuhxmuizwAsfHBG5f4JHgtreTT-LeX6-qSHP.0_cnZ66sSiaLBLRk7ZlQGSs7zns
Haha, congrats man. One ticket too? Nice!

Got up to ELT already on the event, going to wait til lunch to try it so I can concentrate, since I'm at work.

Daily and free ticket got me Anzalem :-/ and Arc. This was enough to finish off my Omni-rod at least. Exdeath @ 616MAG and 400 MP now. Not bad. Pushes some equipment to my Ariana too, who was able to pass the 500MAG threshold.

Did a 10+1, hoping to get 1-2 Leons, and definitely did not get him.

I'm actually a little salty that I did not get Leon. Emp is definitely welcome to beef up my magic team though.
And another Emperor! \o/

Well holy shit. Used a ticket for my Leon so decided to do a daily cause why not. Got an Emp. Thanks Gumi.
And another? Great stuff, congrats!

Selner

So I decided to throw one of my 11 pulls on the FFII banner.

Got two 3* Guys, 1 5* Guy, 3* Firion, 4* Leon.

Also got 4* Seven, 4* Cerius.

That seems pretty good?

Yeah, going to wait for crystal fix because my pulls the last couple weeks has been very discouraging. Spent 5 tickets even though I was telling myself that I shouldn't.

Artemio
Guy
Edge
Rakasha
Guy

This sucks. Two were yellow too and I get all trash.

Got 8k lapis saved and 30 more tickets but I'm out of pulling for the foreseeable future.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Did a daily and ticket - got Guy and Leon. Should I be pulling for more of them to get more TMs? Both of those TMs look far better than anything I've accumulated from events so far.

Pachimari

Oh shit, I'm about to go up against Veritas of the Heaven. Anyway, I discovered I can buy recipes at armor and weapons dealers for my coins, and abilities such a fire, thunder and blizzard but will I also be able to buy individual moves I need to earn the quests lapis? Or will I have to learn certain attacks through levelling up my units?

Oh shit, I'm about to go up against Veritas of the Heaven. Anyway, I discovered I can buy recipes at armor and weapons dealers for my coins, and abilities such a fire, thunder and blizzard but will I also be able to buy individual moves I need to earn the quests lapis? Or will I have to learn certain attacks through levelling up my units?

dont worry about buying recipes

use the exvius wiki to see what sources are available for abilities you want

the best recipes usually come from treasures and events

Pachimari

dont worry about buying recipes

use the exvius wiki to see what sources are available for abilities you want

the best recipes usually come from treasures and events
Yeah I'm gonna read up on some stuff tomorrow for sure while I got time , it's the weekend after all.

For now I keep getting killed off by Veritas of the Heavens. I only get his HP down halfway before he knocks out my party of Luneth, Cecil, Exdeath, WoL and Ace.

I try use magic like Thundaga and Blizzard on him but that ain't cutting it.

Lyrian

/wave

Hi Chrono!

Someone mirrored the dev stream from overnight before Gumi pulled it down and it's reposted on Reddit. So, I finally got to see officially what the fuss was about while I was sleeping.

-- On the FREE 11 pull, reading between the lines:

*** It's surely going to be a one-time pull banner (like the 1/2 price daily banner).
*** It's either going to be locked to the FFBE original banner or the generic summon banner (probably the latter to avoid people flooding the game with Olive).
*** Surely will be required to be consumed before the FFZ Part 2 event starts in a week (can't have those free pulls for bonus units, you know).

-- Olive's TM weapon is a 120 ATK gun, Lightning element, WITH Doublehanded built-in.

*** Interesting for potential stacking purposes, but the number of units that can wield guns, let alone useful units that wield guns. Only Gilgamesh right now (Lightning could but why when she gets innate Dual Wield), with King and Eileen in the near-ish future? A shaky argument for sure, outside of Olive herself?

-- Where were the mention of all the other UI elements that were changed in JP 2.0, like breaking out stat pots from unit stats and such?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- finished ELT. Nice tough fight. Will double back for the +15% HP if I have time or need (ehhhhh?).

-- 99.1% on my 1st bracer, TMs starting to roll in now. With Noctis at 760 ATK and a couple bracers and Seal of Destruction on the way, starting to get excited for my first 800+ unit.

-- looking ahead to building out my Yun (with DW in the TM oven for him), looks like the 2 good weapons for him are the whip we just got from the last event and the thorned mace. At least until I get two Xiaos in the TM Queue, which is next!

-- so anyway I had to go get that thorned mace finally. And with Noctis, Yun, CoD, Refia, Cecil, and f. Noctis it was supe easy? Like 1-shot each part easy? Huh. Just three weeks ago when I didn't have Yun I couldn't even get past the root before getting wiped. Now it's this easy? Love it.

kevyward

Was out in the field for the week with no phone.

Get back since emperor banner and proceed to use 3 tickets....

And bam rainbow crystal Emperor. Nice surprise to come back to!

mstevens

Man did they bump up the pull rate or something? Everyone is pulling Leons and Emperors. I know they didn't really change the banner rates, but it's making me want to blow my tickets.

Pejo

Anybody got their Emperor maxed out yet? I'm curious if Dual Wield will allow him to use any of his skills twice in a round, ala Ace.

That Fire From Below skill would be twice as effective if you could use it twice per round to get that max bonus asap.

Man did they bump up the pull rate or something? Everyone is pulling Leons and Emperors. I know they didn't really change the banner rates, but it's making me want to blow my tickets.

They didn't change the rates.

2 Leons took me 40 tickets and a 10+1 pull. RNG gonna RNG.

Although... I often wonder if there's some internal bias. There's not, I'm sure, because it's too complicated, but... after pulling Yun on a Daily and Ling in 8 tickets, then Randi in like 3 tickets, I was clearly due for spending my stash to get a Gold.

Celegus

It always looks like a lot because the people that get them are more likely to post about it. There's loads of us that tried and failed but that's not as exciting as saying "Got Emperor in 2 tickets woot!!"

tuffymon

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE MY TM MACRO MADE ME BUY 3 SYNTHETIZE SLOTS. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

Ya know, while that stings, its still better than paying lapis to speed up recipe completion... be thankful that you permanently upgraded and won't have to deal with that again.

Pachimari

I'm reading these guides online on how to beat Veritas of the Heavens , and it says I could do a physical power team and do a cheer+full break+barrage+Thundaga and stuff like that to beat him in a few rounds.

I'm doing Luneth, WoL, Cecil, Lenna and Exdeath but my WoL or any of them have full break... Or barrage... Or cheer.

It would be easier if my WoL had full break and my Lenna cheer. I don't understand why my units don't have that many moves, I guess it's because they aren't 6* power rankings.

Alkez

I'm reading these guides online on how to beat Veritas of the Heavens , and it says I could do a physical power team and do a cheer+full break+barrage+Thundaga and stuff like that to beat him in a few rounds.

I'm doing Luneth, WoL, Cecil, Lenna and Exdeath but my WoL or any of them have full break... Or barrage... Or cheer.

It would be easier if my WoL had full break and my Lenna cheer. I don't understand why my units don't have that many moves, I guess it's because they aren't 6* power rankings.

Is that the fight where you can't take a friend unit? That fight was tough. It's not efficient but if you need to level up your WoL and Lenna you can run the chamber of experience over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom