• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk shooter RUINER releases on PS4, Xbox One & PC on September 26 + New Trailer

drotahorror

I been ready

754oKSs.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks cool. so, isometric action? dual stick? from the start it looked more like an adventure/puzzle game

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
This game's aesthetics have always been off the charts, but I'd like to see some extended gameplay to get a sense of the pace and dynamics of combat.

NahaNago

well that looked amazing. Not sure if day one due to current back log but if i can knock out a couple of these games before then, then it will be a definite day one purchase.

Am I the only person completely tired of the cyberpunk aesthetic at this point?

It was cool a few years ago, but damn.

Seriously, what games make up the deluge of cyberpunk titles that's made you tired of it? I want to know of more cyberpunk games. I feel like there are too few.

Which ones are just like this game?

More cyberpunk please. The only cyberpunk games I can think of in the past 5-10 years are indie games and it's not like there are more of those than any other aesthetic. I can't think of any in AAA outside of Deus Ex.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

If you can show me a bunch of games with this aesthetic, maybe I'll agree with you.

It seems like there's plenty of diversity within the cyberpunk aesthetic. Are you just tired of the word?

Sentenza

On a (barely) related note, thanks to CD Projekt RED my heart now skips a beat every time I spot "cyberpunk " in a thread title.

This game's aesthetics have always been off the charts, but I'd like to see some extended gameplay to get a sense of the pace and dynamics of combat.
From what I've played, you go to what feel like dungeons where it's all about combat. You go from one wave to another, with usually respite in between to heal up. When you go back to the city, it's a typical hub with quests, dialogue, etc.
ruiner_game_exploration_by_bondgeek-dbktsbp.gif

ruiner_game_map_by_bondgeek-dbktsmt.jpg

It feels like forever since I first heard about the game. Just over a month left now. Wish it came in August cause right now I have nothing to play till Uncharted

On a (barely) related note, thanks to CD Projekt RED my heart now skips a beat every time I spot "cyberpunk " in a thread title.
This game is made by former CD Projekt Red devs, btw hehe. Jakub Styliński, Maciej Mach, Magdalena Tomkowicz, Marek Roefler, and art director Benedykt Szneider.

Top Bottom