• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 - Official Launch Trailer

In for the PC release.

Solid trailer.

See you in 3 years when all the content is no longer relevant.

Exactly lol

It's always funny seeing people stick their noses up and go "hmph I'll buy Destiny when it's actually complete a year later" even though they won't experience the content with the community, and miss out on those moments that make Destiny special in the first place

Lee

That's Hawthorne. She's been shown pretty frequently in the past couple of months. She hangs out on the farm.

She's also a struggling fashion designer. Emphasis on struggling.

Destiny-2-CE.png

Tovarisc

never liked games where mobs soak up 1000 bullets.

pass.

You expect dungeon or raid boss to die from one hit, or?

Regular mobs and even elites are very fast to mow through. All of them have critical points (usually head) and elements burn through shields fast.

Riptwo

I've got this on order for PS4 and PC, and I really, really hope that character progression carries over between versions although it doesn't sound like it's happening. I'm not even asking for cross play, but having recently played Fortnite on my PC and finding out that had all of the same progression/gear when I started the PS4 version was amazing.

I've got this on order for PS4 and PC, and I really, really hope that character progression carries over between versions although it doesn't sound like it's happening. I'm not even asking for cross play, but having recently played Fortnite on my PC and finding out that had all of the same progression/gear when I started the PS4 version was amazing.
There is no cross save just to save you the heartache.

Oh just curious, as I've been myself very disappointed by Destiny 1, what were you expecting from Bungie new game when it was announced?

When they announced this with the cool cover from game informer, all I could think about was how cool the story might be. Mysterious moon floating above the Earth, brought back a lot of halo 1 ideas. Wanted a story like halo and it's game play with an open world idea. Going through planets with lived in cities as these warriors battling the enemies and trying to understand the mystery of the traveler.

All these cool story threads ran through but head, then I played the first game and it felt like disconnected hubs areas with some gunplay. Nothing about it felt cohesive as a story.

Lakitu

st5fu
Got back to Destiny after a year or so off, I can't wait for this. The campaign looks like it may be good, I really hope it is...

Mafro

Still on the fence about this. Played 500+ hours of Destiny 1 but this still looks like just another expansion. Would have been nice to get more previews and stuff other than the stuff from IGN that had a whiff of PR fluff about it.

Brutal. I wonder why that decision was made, especially since character data seems to be stored on Bungie's end? Maybe I should cancel the PC version and just stick to one platform.
Basically what I decided to do. I would happy give my money to Bungie if they did. But Destiny requires too much of an investment for me to run two different accounts. More people play on ps4 right now.

GhaleonEB

Have they show us fighting Fallen yet? I haven't spotted any. I'm thinking they're on our side this time around, ala Halo 3 Elites.

They can probably relate to the situation we're in at this point.

Raven117

Gold Member
HYPE!!!!!

We are close now....Trying to finish off my remaining game in my backlog before Sept. 6th to clear my schedule.

Its time!

Still on the fence about this. Played 500+ hours of Destiny 1 but this still looks like just another expansion. Would have been nice to get more previews and stuff other than the stuff from IGN that had a whiff of PR fluff about it.
What were you expecting from the sequel? Just wondering what you were hoping for that wasn't there.

Tovarisc

Have they show us fighting Fallen yet? I haven't spotted any. I'm thinking they're on our side this time around, ala Halo 3 Elites.

They can probably relate to the situation we're in at this point.

You could fight Fallen in beta.

Some house(s) maybe are on our side after events of D1, but not all of them.

Really? Where? I remember Cabal and Vex.

Right at beginning of Strike zone

Mafro

The ๖ۜBronx;246636076 said:
What were you expecting from the sequel? Just wondering what you were hoping for that wasn't there.
A new enemy race to fight for starters. Sick of fighting the Vex and Cabal.

Bsigg12

What seriously? Does that include season passes as well?

I'm not sure about DLC.

Games can be shared, you just need to set your home console to her's and just login to your account on the console you use. The home console will always have access and you can get to your library when you're logged in. Someone can probably do a better job at explaining that than me.

GhaleonEB

I have a feeling they're only showing stuff from pretty early on in the campaign. This all looks like stuff in the immediate aftermath of the opening mission(s). Which fits in with Bungie wanting to save a lot of things to discover.

I really wish this one had playable Fallen :\

I hope it does. I've been guessing that for a while now. (Based on nothing.) I'd live to rise back to power alongside them.

A new enemy race to fight for starters. Sick of fighting the Vex and Cabal.
Fair enough, what else? Genuinely curious as for the most part I think a new story, much larger (new) areas to explore, new mission types, maps, modes, guns, systems and raids are worthy of a number 2.

I just find it's like saying The Two Towers is an expansion to FotR because it has the same cast, takes place in the same world and is about the same goal against the same enemy. At some point a sequel is inherently a continuation, it's why it's a sequel.

I'm not sure about DLC.

Games can be shared, you just need to set your home console to her's and just login to your account on the console you use. The home console will always have access and you can get to your library when you're logged in. Someone can probably do a better job at explaining that than me.
Well shit that's a games changer then, thank you!

It does indeed.

Awesome!

Tovarisc

I have a feeling they're only showing stuff from pretty early on in the campaign. This all looks like stuff in the immediate aftermath of the opening mission(s). Which fits in with Bungie wanting to save a lot of things to discover.

As someone who still has 2 months waiting to do for Destiny 2 release that PR line always makes me chuckle :D

Top Bottom