• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spidey, Frank West, Haggar, Nemesis announced for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite at SDCC

WarRock

Spidey having a hole monologue during Maximum Spider is bad. And did he wavedash during the IGN video? He suddenly goes full screen and then comes back to start another combo.

And Gamora going "double shot! double shot" reminded me of Wing Gundam in Battle Assault 2. "Twin buster rifle! Twin buster rifle!".

Drayco21

Spidey having a hole monologue during Maximum Spider is bad. And did he wavedash during the IGN video? He suddenly goes full screen and then comes back to start another combo.

Yeah, the monologue was bad, but when he did it again later in the video it was just 3's "Maximum Spider... Having fun yet?".

Hopefully like pre release 3 they cut down some of the chatter that doesn't flow right.

unknown.png

ha

WarRock

It's Spiderman. Talking while fighting is what he does.

Plus, he actually has multiple quotes during it, so I appreciate the extra effort recording more dialogue for the same move.
I know, but he is supposedly leaping all around in full strength while laying webs and punching someone - he shouldn't talk like he is sitting sipping tea. It subtracted from the power of the move IMO.

FSLink

Banned
I know, but he is supposedly leaping all around in full strength while laying webs and punching someone - he shouldn't talk like he is sitting sipping tea. It subtracted from the power of the move IMO.

I think the sound mixing makes his and other characters' voices sound real off.

Like it's hard to hear the music and at times, the characters.

MechaX

And Gamora going "double shot! double shot" reminded me of Wing Gundam in Battle Assault 2. "Twin buster rifle! Twin buster rifle!".

Gundam Battle Assault is probably the worst offender with stuff like this.

Although, I do have nostalgia for "You can't defend!" and "You're a goner now!" on repeat.

WarRock

Gundam Battle Assault is probably the worst offender with stuff like this.

Although, I do have nostalgia for "You can't defend!" and "You're a goner now!" on repeat.
The characters voice acting was deliciously atrocious, but both narrators were straight up awesome.
"Wealth and glory to the winner!"
"You should go fight some more."

Steiner

Banned
A colleague of mine is covering the MvC panel at SDCC and he's seated by the little control area where the do the lights / sound, and he said he overheard one dude come over to another dude and they were talking about the Street Fighter producer coming on stage.

Wonder if we'll see another world warrior added to the roster? He could just be there to rep Capcom though.

tribal24

Banned
Max can you confirm spiderman web swing is not backwards shoryuken anymore? i freaking hated that in UMVC 3, he should have got taskmaster input for it.

Giga Man

Looks like Peter's a high school student as of MvCI (it's at 4:16 in Max's video, specifically as a Frank quote to Spider-Man).

isxVXoF.png
In the quote, a word is blocked by Max's face, which I presume to be the word "years". Wouldn't the phrase "Go back to your high school years!" imply that Spidey's no longer in high school?

past games no, previous MvCi builds yes, is one of the new properties from MvCi

Ah, cool. Thanks.

ZenTzen

How can niggas look at this photo and say the game doesn't look good or at least looks way better?

Bruh.
The game does look better, mainly with the use of more vibrant colors, too bad it still has shitty UIs and menus
and no X-men characters

shaowebb

So lemme get this straight...they'll spend the extra time to paint veins on his shoulders and add creepy skin details to Haggar, BUT THEY DIDN"T FINISH PAINTING MUSCLE-WEIGHTING ON HIS WAISTLINE!?

I have no real explanation for this one folks. Maybe they had multiple saves of the model and forgot which one his weighting was finished on when they loaded it and the shaders onto the rig and animation files. Its an easy fix but it takes some trial and error sometimes to get the full range of motion to look proper. I dunno...damn Capcom get your shit together.

EDIT: For those that do not know CG stuff, Muscle weighting is where you take your rigged model and literally paint colors along the body. What this does is determine just how much one area of the body moves when a neighboring area moves. That way if you raise an arm you dont see the characters entire left side stretch up along with the shoulder. The more paint of one color the more that area moves the more of another color the less it moves. The colors you paint designate the level of influence present in that area when the selected muscles move with a joint.

example of muscle weight painting' said:

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So lemme get this straight...they'll spend the extra time to paint veins on his shoulders and add creepy skin details to Haggar, BUT THEY DIDN"T FINISH PAINTING MUSCLE-WEIGHTING ON HIS WAISTLINE!?

I have no real explanation for this one folks. Maybe they had multiple saves of the model and forgot which one his weighting was finished on when they loaded it and the shaders onto the rig and animation files. Its an easy fix but it takes some trial and error sometimes to get the full range of motion to look proper. I dunno...damn Capcom get your shit together.

EDIT: For those that do not know CG stuff, Muscle weighting is where you take your rigged model and literally paint colors along the body. What this does is determine just how much one area of the body moves when a neighboring area moves. That way if you raise an arm you dont see the characters entire left side stretch up along with the shoulder. The more paint of one color the more that area moves the more of another color the less it moves. The colors you paint designate the level of influence present in that area when the selected muscles move with a joint.

Did you hear about the rumors where they hired quite a lot of inexperienced graduates straight out from the college? I figured it's probably cheaper for them to hire inexperienced workers. I forget who

smurfx

get some go again
so looking at max's haggar footage it looks like lariat no longer does a hard knockdown which is really lame. looks like it doesn't even do soft knockdowns which is really stupid. his garbage can projectile seems like it has 0 durability as well. how the fuck is he going to approach zoning heavy characters? i bet lariat is longer invincible and rapid fire fist no longer has start up invincibility. doubt stomach press got anything added to it either. haggar is one of the only things saving this game for me and the more i see the more i dislike.

Sesha

Did you hear about the rumors where they hired quite a lot of inexperienced graduates straight out from the college? I figured it's probably cheaper for them to hire inexperienced workers. I forget who

Rumors? That's exactly what they're doing. That said, a lot of them are getting put on mobile games, and not big projects. That bit sounds like someone heard or read about Capcom's hiring initiative and made a bunch of assumptions based on that.

Degen

Lord Nemesis

...ok, so now there are two or three characters that I would try

hypothetically

it's not like I like you or anything, MVCI

shaowebb

It happens all the time. Not certain why it'd even warrant attention. Sadly there are some studios that just bring in wave after wave of unpaid interns each year. Its a rotating door of faces that are just calculated in as low production but free help. The market is super hard to break into without shipped title experience considering how many folks there are to compete with these days. It became a race to the bottom in what new guys would accept for wages and long has since devolved into an "I'll do it for free for the experience and resume padding".

If you're new you're not gonna have a ton of experience to draw upon to make things fresh out the gate from your work compete with high end polished techniques that veterans are pumping out in groups. I dont have a shitload of experience. I've studied and can use tools and did the whole college stuff but if I were to put together a CV of stuff it wouldn't have a ton of things in it as I focused on my career outside of the industry within 6 months after graduating. Knowing that I know there are things I do now that would get better if I did more art. Grabbing guys at that stage means this is what you'll get and it'll take them awhile to go back and polish their initial attempts because they're not used to how to avoid certain mistakes yet because they've never had the time to make them yet.

CG is a learning experience that never stops. If Capcom is using a bunch of new hires fresh from college expect a LOT of things to have to go back and be polished on the models and lighting later on. New animators dont perfect run things. They'll make mistakes and have to go back and polish and repolish and repolish again and again. We all do. We improve, but polished pieces take us a lot more time because we're all sorta unfamiliar with our tools and how to plan ahead for different designs on how to build them in 3d and we're all still feeling out how to produce work in the most speedy and polished manner without hitting long jarring roadblocks that require a lot of revisions to correct.

If this is the sorta team Capcom is using I'll just ignore anything prior to launch from here on out. Anything they make will be a permanent work in progress snapshot of stuff that will be polished later on...it'll just be far more obvious than normal due to the lack of experience.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This sounds like a rumour fabricated for the explicit purpose of damaging a game, I don't know how else this sort of thing would even come out.

This sounds like a rumour fabricated for the explicit purpose of damaging a game, I don't know how else this sort of thing would even come out.

That would be the second time just recently a rumor is created to damage a Capcom game without any way to prove or disprove the claims.

(MH: World being the other infamous BS rumor).

so looking at max's haggar footage it looks like lariat no longer does a hard knockdown which is really lame. looks like it doesn't even do soft knockdowns which is really stupid. his garbage can projectile seems like it has 0 durability as well. how the fuck is he going to approach zoning heavy characters? i bet lariat is longer invincible and rapid fire fist no longer has start up invincibility. doubt stomach press got anything added to it either. haggar is one of the only things saving this game for me and the more i see the more i dislike.
It's a new game. You can't expect your character to come over intact.

Top Bottom