• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Spacebar

People act like Walmart is the only company that cancels pre-orders.

I guess people weren't around when Amazon failed to deliver Switch units at launch to people who pre-ordered.
Not getting enough stock and having to cancel pre orders is understandable. Wiping everyone's pre order months before only to allegedly re open them a week later is nuts.

leroidys

Does the cancellation notice come in email or will I have to check the site and why would they cancel ALL the orders if the pre-orders went up early on the site unless they know how many they have and they want to allocate more for in-store?
I didn't get an email, just noticed money back on my cc.

The way I look at it is that Wal-Mart is usually never my go to place, but I placed an order as insurance. I plan to try at another source and if that other source fails and Wal-Mart comes though, it's to my benefit to have it as an option. The point is I was never going to solely rely on Wal-Mart and call it a day. For a limited and hard to get item, I always have a back up so if one falls through I'm still covered. This would still be true if it was Amazon, Best Buy or Target that had pre-orders last night. If I end up with two, I can either return one, give one as a gift, or help someone out who didn't get one. There's no real loss from doing so.

goldenpp72

For people who are getting cancellations, you should put what you did when you ordered, and about when you ordered. So like

Payment: Paypal
Ordered 1 (or 2) units
Store pickup or shipping
etc

I ordered mine to be shipped to my house, using a normal CC and ordered within 3 minutes of the post being made.

meanwhile my Amazon UK backup order is still up and now has a dispatch date.

Walmart will keep taking in orders even if they don't have enough stock, then they simply place your ass in the backorder -> cancellation process.

Crash331

That's what they're telling most people, despite everyone saying all their information was correct.

My Capital One app tells me within about 3 seconds of a new charge. I got a notification of approval as soon as I clicked order. They aren't going to be able to tell everyone it's a payment issue.

bigzgod

Ordered 1, still hasn't been canceled.

I paid in full using Walmart gift cards though, so it'll be both amusing and sad if they cancel my order with any reason about payment issues.

AdamT

I ordered 1 and it still says processing. Ordered within 2-3 minutes of it going up. Paid with CC. No chargeback yet.

I got this message for one of my two pre-orders this morning:

Hello Christian,
We wanted to let your know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 09/28/2017.
Please review your order details below.
We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team
Order number: xxxxxxx
Order date: Fri, Jul 21, 2017

Target has announced they’re doing preorders. They were the only retailer to do them last time. And they’re better than Walmart anyway since I get the 5% discount

I managed to get an order about a month or so ago on amazon.de for a European system and I was wondering what the default language is for the euro minis. Does anybody know if there will be a language selection? Or if there was one for the European nes mini?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
My order is still alive.

Wal Mart, Paypal, within the first 5 minutes

giphy.gif

My order still says processing, money has been put on hold in my account. Ordered one to ship with a cc. Received my confirmation email last night at 11:37.

I'm sure its been asked but why buy this over just getting A SNES is it a collectors thing?
This doesn't take carts right?

Inexpensive, appealing look of the device, cost of all those games would cost way more, HDMI output, and no other place to legally have a full version of Star Fox 2.

This is why I cant trust any preorder and why I will not cancel my UK/EU orders. I have no idea what is actually going to show up.

Ouroboros

Mine is still alive :
Ordered 2 around minute 30-35 of it being live.
Went through paypal and I just checked the order went from pending to bring complete on PayPals site. I think I'm in the clear.

Mine is still alive :
Ordered 2 around minute 30-35 of it being live.
Went through paypal and I just checked the order went from pending to bring complete on PayPals site. I think I'm in the clear.

Ordered mine last night within 5 minutes of it being put up..used my Discover card, ordered just 1 SNES, checked my Discover card online shows the amount as processing hope Im in the clear as well :)

Top Bottom