• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey trailer (October 27th)

I still don't like how the city looks. I find it ugly. And this turns me off the game despite liking the new mechanic.

Yeah the city is really weird, but luckily all of the other worlds they have shown look to be amazing stylistically and definitely more what we would expect in a Mario 64 sequel.

LordRaptor

With the theme tune and city action it really feels like they're deliberately trying to evoke memories of Sonic Adventure, but that aside that hat mechanic looks fun as hell

Apt101

Watching this Nintendo stream, man this is really something different for Mario. I am so glad I bought a Switch.

Plum

No lives, dying only brings you back to a checkpoint/the start of a section and docks you a tiny amount of coins.

Treehouse gameplay looks fucking awesome and the trailer was amazing. Love that they're bringing back the big-band jazz style, that music was incredible.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Are you guys watching the Odyssey stream just now? I'm not sure what I think of this game, but I guess I trust Nintendo that it will be fun...

TissueBox

This game makes me want to weep. WEEP I TELL YOU!!

Looks so good, and the vibes are so infectious, and the gameplay seems sprawling... in my veins!! IN 'EM!!

rec0ded1

stolen from wario64s twitter
EKZOLG3.gif

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
okay we need to know how many moons are on each world so we can predict jack shit about game's lenght

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Are you guys watching the Odyssey stream jusy now? I'm not sure what I think of this game, but I guess I trust Nintendo that it will be fun...

NO KIDDING MAN. This shit is STRANGE. All of it!

I mean, it's going to be great... Nintendo has no reason to believe they're going to make a bad Mario game. But damn, it's surreal how "real world" it all is.

xviper

looks awesome, too bad i won't be buying a switch at least for longer than a year since Monster Hunter is finally coming to PS4

pringles

Nintendo could literally be releasing two games capable of holding the crown as "greatest game of all time" in the same year. This looks like a true SM64 successor.

Top Bottom