• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spidey, Frank West, Haggar, Nemesis announced for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite at SDCC

MechaX

Old Frank and Haggar are cool.

Dunno how I feel about Spider-Man without Maximum Spider.

And why the fuck is Nemesis even here

Neoxon

I just remembered that Spider-Man's new VA (likely Robbie Daymond) also voiced Akechi. Add him to the Persona 5 VA pile with Abigail (Akira/Joker) & Menat (Futaba) from SFV.

There's also the JoJo VA pile with Spidey (Smokey), Nova (Young Joseph), Akuma (Old Joseph), the SFV announcer (Hol Horse), Ryu (Kakyoin), & Vega (Polnareff).

Why are people saying Maximum Spider is gone?

Zero never did his Rekkoha super in the trailer he was featured in. That could simply be the case here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've updated OP with more information y'all. Marvel Games will be streaming in about 20 minutes where they might show MvC:I.

Old Frank and Haggar are cool.

Dunno how I feel about Spider-Man without Maximum Spider.

And why the fuck is Nemesis even here
Since character selection is story-driven, and given these reveals, it's safe to assume they needed a counterpart for Frank West.

Why are people saying Maximum Spider is gone?

Zero never did his Rekkoha super in the trailer he was featured in. That could simply be the case here.
Yeah, we're jumping to conclusions here, such a small vertical slice.

Neonep

Since character selection is story-driven, and given these reveals, it's safe to assume they needed a counterpart for Frank West.
I have zero problems with that pick. Also who is Gamora's counterpart? Wouldn't it by default Morrigan?

Characters aren't limited to 2 supers and 1 hyper combo this time around, example: Chun Li.

Be patient. Maximum Spider could still be in.

DR2K

Banned
This is actually the first official confirmation that the game will have more than 28 characters.

D-Man

Frank's inclusion and new moves may have officially pushed me to get this game after all.

I wish Phoenix Wright came back so I could keep my UMVC3 team....

ZangBa

Boring rehash reveals. Looking more like Marvel 2 everyday, which might be a good thing since it's still the king.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Man, Haggar's level 3 has way less impact now. The three cuts after the spinning really helped sell the impact. Now there's not even any spinning. :(

RedBoot

I think Tekken has some animations that are from multiple generations ago.

Yeah, there's no reason to redo something like a 3D animation if it works in your engine and doesn't look janky/outdated. We know what it looks like when Heihachi kicks, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Really, I don't think there's anything wrong with reusing assets in fighting games. It's been done since forever. The problem with MvC:I is that we aren't seeing the usual benefits of reusing assets (larger rosters) and some people aren't happy with who was reused, like Arthur, Firebrand, or Nemesis.

The latter is subjective, of course. I'm super happy to see Nemesis again.

I also think Marvel's side of the roster is just fine, providing you accept that it's MCU-focused. I made peace with that at the game's announcement.

IbukiLordSA

Lame, zero hype in any of this, they are just copy and pasted characters. Oh well at least Captain Marvel and Gamora are there.

Skilletor

Yeah, there's no reason to redo something like a 3D animation if it works in your engine and doesn't look janky/outdated. We know what it looks like when Heihachi kicks, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Really, I don't think there's anything wrong with reusing assets in fighting games. It's been done since forever. The problem with MvC:I is that we aren't seeing the usual benefits of reusing assets (larger rosters) and some people aren't happy with who was reused, like Arthur, Firebrand, or Nemesis.

The latter is subjective, of course. I'm super happy to see Nemesis again.

I also think Marvel's side of the roster is just fine, providing you accept that it's MCU-focused. I made peace with that at the game's announcement.

We don't even know how big the roster is.

Neoxon

Can't watch the trailer, who is voicing Spider-Man? Is it still Josh Keaton?
It's most likely Robbie Daymond, who voices Spider-Man in the new cartoon coming to Disney XD later this summer. Robbie also voiced Goro Akechi in Persona 5 & Smokey Brown in the English dub of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency.

AESplusF

Ok ok sure but not to the extent of MvC:I, Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 do reuse some assets but at least they put plenty of work into covering their tracks.

I don't get why people are trying to sugar coat this situation, it's not very pretty.

Top Bottom