• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Won't Be at TGS + Other S-E TGS Line-up News

VertPin

we.are.the.armada said:
It has really high production values, a very fun looking combat system, dynamic combat modes for the party members, beautiful music, a seemingly interesting and dark story, etc.

Why is it such a joke, VertPin?
Trust me, I was very hyped for Versus XIII. It's kind of rage inducing that they can't say anything about it, guess it was just announced way too early.

Rpgmonkey

Kagari said:
No Versus at TGS... think most people knew this though. Nomura has already decided on the timing of its next reveal, however.
THEATRhythm is the first game as a part of the 25th Anniversary for Final Fantasy.

Ooh, so there's more?

Hope they follow up the 20th anniversary having a remake of Final Fantasy IV and do a remake of Final Fantasy V.

Styles

Nomura did say forget about Versus XIII(or was it someone else). In that case, I will forget about Versus XIII until it releases in the year 2020.

Tetsuya Nomura is one of the main headliners in this week's issue of Dengeki PlayStation. To commemorate its 500th issue, the magazine got Nomura to draw a cover with six characters: Noctus (FF Versus XIII), Lightning (FFXIII-2), Serah (FFXIII-2), Noel (FFXIII-2), Machina (FF Type 0) and Rem (FF Type 0).

Nomura is also featured in a lengthy interview in the magazine. According to the usual early leak sources, Nomura tells the magazine that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will not be shown at this year's Tokyo Game Show, which will be held in mid September. However, the timing for the game's next showing has been set, he also confirms.

Nomura also mentions a few of Square Enix's other major titles in the interview. He refers to 3DS rhythm title Theatrhythm Final Fantasy as the first entry in Square Enix's 25th anniversary festivities for the FF series. Regarding Final Fantasy Type-0, he says that the game has some as yet unannounced characters who have major voice actors. He also says something about Kingdom Hearts 3D, but his comment is full of blanks, making it difficult to figure out what he's saying.

Dengeki also has commentary from Yoshinori Kitase, Yusuke Naora, Motomu Toriyama, Hiromichi Tanaka, Hajime Tabata, and other Square Enix VIPs, so we'll hopefully get additional updates throughout the day.

From Andriasang.

The Lamp said:
Square is a joke lol. This game is probably better as an idea than a tangible product.

We said that about FFXIII...and FFXIV...
yeah but we didn't know XIII-2 was going to be shoehorned in before it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
StuBurns said:
Tangled was the shit.
Yeah, after how many years/months of nothing to show? I didn't think Princess and the Frog was very good, but before that, what was the last' real' Disney movie?

teiresias

SE deserves to go under at this point. There's no excuse for this debacle they seem to think is a good development process that they use to pump out what is increasingly just sub-standard product.

Seda said:
I've graduated high school and college since this was announced. Maybe I'll finish graduate studies too before I actually play it.
Me too! Graduated from HS in 2006, college in 2010, and graduate school next year

B.K.

Rpgmonkey said:
Hope they follow up the 20th anniversary having a remake of Final Fantasy IV and do a remake of Final Fantasy V.

I hope they do a Wiiware, DSiWare, or 3DSWare port of Final Fantasy Legends.

Zeal

Banned
Seriously just cancel this shit already. Actually, I don't even think it exists outside of somekind of prototype.

Square is completely unrecognizable nowadays.

StuBurns

Banned
zoner said:
Yeah, after how many years/months of nothing to show? I didn't think Princess and the Frog was very good, but before that, what was the last' real' Disney movie?
So Versus will be the Tangled return to former glory? I like it.

Hopefully Atlus is there and can show off Persona 5 or whatever their next HD title is, make their last move in besting SE.
SE are a complete shambles this gen, I don't look forward to any of their offerings at the moment, the company has lost it's prestigious name for me

What do you guys think SE is cooking up for the 25th anniversary for FF other than Theatrhythm?

Im still hoping for HD ports of the PS2 FF's playable on both PS3 and Vita. FF6 remake for 3DS and maybe a new Ivalice title for Vita? Maybe?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Zeal said:
Seriously just cancel this shit already. Actually, I don't even think it exists outside of somekind of prototype.

Square is completely unrecognizable nowadays.

Cancel?! They have a new FF game coming out in a few months. Why would they divert attention from it by showing Versus. It was completely logical that they wouldn't show it.

At this point I don't even care anymore, it would be a waste to anyway. The end result will probably be disappointing anyway. It's not like I would expect much from the KH team anyway. Probably wouldn't care if Versus was canceled.

So, in other words... Square Enix will have another special Square Enix only event and everything will be shown behind closed doors without a nary a screenshot or video released, and they will pat you down before you enter the theatre to watch the newly re-cut Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer!

... Square.

MrDenny

Wish they would team up with naughty dog on ff franchise.
Uncharted 1 2 3 all will be out before Versus haha.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Kagari said:
Naturally.
At least they only have one 25th Anniversary game currently announced, and it isn't a remake/repackaging to boot. Too bad they don't seem to be doing more for DQ...

B.K. said:
I hope they do a Wiiware, DSiWare, or 3DSWare port of Final Fantasy Legends.
Bring it over to the west and I'll buy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
zoner said:

Bolt, assuming by 'real Disney movie' you mean 'a movie produced by Disney and only Disney'.

I'm just glad we got that long ass trailer filled with gameplay earlier. If we didn't get that, I'd be rolling my eyes left and right.

Meisadragon said:
Cancel?! They have a new FF game coming out in a few months. Why would they divert attention from it by showing Versus. It was completely logical that they wouldn't show it.
There's always a new FF coming out, just not the bloody one anyone is asking for, or the one they showed about 5 years ago. They are inept.

I wish he would just let it be known what even he has picked out. Though, it isn't going to be an event this year, apparently.

SZJX0.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
MrDenny said:
Wish they would team up with naughty dog on ff franchise.
Uncharted 1 2 3 all will be out before Versus haha.
Since Versus has been announced, Nintendo announced and released the Wii, and is now about to release the Wii U.

Lesiroth

It's ok Square, I know you're saving up the game and waiting to release it as a graduating present for me! You still got 4 years to go ^_^

Teknoman

SpaceBridge said:
What do you guys think SE is cooking up for the 25th anniversary for FF other than Theatrhythm?

Im still hoping for HD ports of the PS2 FF's playable on both PS3 and Vita. FF6 remake for 3DS and maybe a new Ivalice title for Vita? Maybe?

Hopefully HD ports (X and XII look amazing using PCSX2 3x scaling)...and actually everything else you mentioned would be awesome. I'd like something in XIV and XI as well...since XIV is actually headed in the right direction after the last huge update.

EDIT:

X example -

il1cKK.jpg

ilwki0.jpg

Replaying it right now actually...and even though its still fairly linear, the vibrancy, combat system, environment and enemy design is just great.

Jomjom

Banned
I want to see what the cover of the 500th issue of Dengeki Playstation will look like. It sounds pretty awesome.

Also I hope somewhere in the 25th anniversary slew of games is either:

1) A full blown RPG in the old FFVI RPG tradition, but all the characters are characters from FF1-14

or

2) A Final Fantasy Tactics like game where all the characters you get to join your party are FF1-14 characters

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You guys are ignoring the fact that a date for the next reveal does exist, Nomura just can't tell us yet.

Hmm....so it will be awhile then.
Well no matter when it's revealed and released, if it's a legendary Jrpg this gen it will have been worth it imo. Here's hoping for the best.

Top Bottom