• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowans

Hey folks - just popping in to toss up some new screens from SUPER TIME FORCE, and to mention that it'll be playable for the first time @ PAX East

H2a7o.png

d2K2o.png

qu8Zh.png

Quoted for new page, can't wait to see more.

see5harp

What the hell. One of the bad ass dudes in the first pick is stopped to pet the stray cat. I probably will get your game...

Anyone who's going to PAX East should come play it!

During/after PAX East we'll be explaining the game in more detail... but look at the screens & think of the name of the game :)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Anyone who's going to PAX East should come play it!

During/after PAX East we'll be explaining the game in more detail... but look at the screens & think of the name of the game :)

Is it an XBLA exclusive?
Timed exclusive?
You can't tak about other platforms?
There's no other platforms?

:)

Is it an XBLA exclusive?
Timed exclusive?
You can't tak about other platforms?
There's no other platforms?

:)

I see we've evolved from simply whining about a game being exclusive to now actively begging developers, in the XBLA thread no less, if their games can be on other platforms.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Something else popping up on Xbox.com... at least we have some new pictures, and english ones, too!

Several generations have passed since the human colonists of Planet Draco lost contact with Earth, and they have reached an uneasy truce with the native dragons. Now they face the return of an old threat, a colossal destroyer known as the White Phantom. In "Crimson Dragon," use Kinect to control your dragon and fight off the violent enemy life forms. Teach your dragon new skills, and train it to become strong enough to face combat in harder missions. Bring your trained dragon online to take on missions in co-op. Now, embark on your journey to Planet Draco!

screenlg4.jpg

screenlg6.jpg

screenlg8.jpg

screenlg9.jpg

----

That might have been there a while, but not sure? Claiming a 6/19/2012 release date.

----

And what game was this? I don't even remember it being mentioned.
Love how it claims to have released back in Feb!

A Sci-fi project featuring detailed, action-packed underwater combat which will introduce a new trend in the TPS genre. An Exciting game play that features the dynamic use of both environments for combats: land and underwater. An original multiplayer mode with underwater battles that offer the player a totally different and new experience! Players will descend the murky depths in pursuit of enemies armed with a selection of underwater equipment that range from a specialized suit with jet pack and integrated harpoon as well as other high tech equipment. With the majority of the game play taking place below the water's surface, action-adventure fans will need to master new skills to fight hostile enemies and to infiltrate enemy bases. The story line takes place in the nearest future in a world of unsteadiness, chaos, espionage, terrorism and the desperate fight for world supremacy and possession of sophisticated biological weapon.

screenlg1.jpg

screenlg3.jpg

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Hearing how awesome Steel Battalion sounds on the Giant Bombcast the other week makes me sad I gave away my Kinect camera and now Crimson Dragon. Arrrrgggghhhhh.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
How come I never heard of AwesomeNauts.

A 2D DoTA, due shorty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTncguI1zEw

Can't wait

Yup, they're guessing May, now. They have loads of videos on their Youtube channel, and update their facebook page fairly regularly.

So Crimson Dragon is Kinect only? no controller support at all?:/

Yeah, it'd been discussed to death and back in the most recent Crimson Dragon Info Thread.

Best point made in that thread, to me "If not for Kinect being made, the game probably wouldn't be getting made, anyway...", sooo....

I don't have a Kinect either, yet, but buying one for it won't be much worse than, say, buying a joystick for my Fighters :) Not to mention things like Gunstringer and Child of Eden would also be nice to play. And the previously mentioned Steel Battalion.

PlayXBLA have had me playing Raskulls today. I'd forgotten how brilliant it was, really underrated.

I recommend it to all, whether you like platformers or racing games or Mr Driller or just comedy. It's a lot of fun.

So FEZ has 200GS, does it mean it comes out before June?

Where's this information from?

If true, yeah, I guess it does mean that.

Rlan

Aot70TfCAAALAYp.jpg

Come on Sega, you're better than this. Why give English speakers a shockingly bad box art? Nobody remembers that Alex Kidd box, hell most would probably just remember the Alex from the Master System II box, and that was from the Lost Stars box.

The actual "Hang On" art is weird, because it's not the actual artwork at all:

super_hangon_frontcover_large_iSuv6IikLm0EHKt.jpg

PlayXBLA have had me playing Raskulls today. I'd forgotten how brilliant it was, really underrated.

I recommend it to all, whether you like platformers or racing games or Mr Driller or just comedy. It's a lot of fun.

Agreed. Your post made me realize it was Cheeve Challenge time again so I looked it up and had three from Half-Minute Hero but needed three more and only owned Raskulls out of the remaining. I was at the start of Chapter 2 so I went and and finished up that chapter and then cycled through a few big block levels to hit 20,000 as well as doing a couple of the multiplayer ones against AI.

The game really is quite good and needs to be recognized more often. Also, I love having the Ilomilo dudes in the game.

Yes, Raskulls is great. Multiplayer is a lot of fun.

Those Crimson Dragon screens....

And your game looks great, Cromulent-Word :)

lol @ that Sega collection...

Dash Kappei

Sapient Wolf said:
MS is fundin

gotcha, thanks! More Capy = F-YEAH!

I see we've evolved from simply whining about a game being exclusive to now actively begging developers, in the XBLA thread no less, if their games can be on other platforms.

Are you fucking stupid? It was a legitimate question, I didn't mention any particular platform.
I just want the game to do well, it looks fantastic, more platforms = better sales and more copies for me and the world, XBLA = 1 copy for me. I didn't know if the game was exclusive or not, so I asked that question; did I say "meh, no PSN/Steam/Wiiware/iOS/Android/Colecovision = no buy"?

Are we to the point where we can't even ask if a game's exclusive to one platform?
Fucking console wars fanboys goddamn everywhere, oh god tharr gonna take ma xclusifgrr

I might actually finally buy a GoD game if there is a decent deal during today's sale. Tales of Vesperia is the one I would honestly consider if they took a few quid off.

Will buy Joe Danger the second it drops :)

Are you fucking stupid? It was a legitimate question, I didn't mention any particular platform.
I just want the game to do well, it looks fantastic, more platforms = better sales and more copies for me and the world, XBLA = 1 copy for me. I didn't know if the game was exclusive or not, so I asked that question; did I say "meh, no PSN/Steam/Wiiware/iOS/Android/Colecovision = no buy"?

Are we to the point where we can't even ask if a game's exclusive to one platform?
Fucking console wars fanboys goddamn everywhere, oh god tharr gonna take ma xclusifgrr

You got some anger issues bro, I suggest you talk to a therapist before someone looks at you wrong and you spend the rest of your life in jail for murder.

Vert boil

I might actually finally buy a GoD game if there is a decent deal during today's sale. Tales of Vesperia is the one I would honestly consider if they took a few quid off.

Not expecting much from the GoD sale. Just the Resi ports, Ubi/THQ and MGS bits.

If we are going to be paying with uk points we'll only be saving 10% on the normal US list price at most. And that's presuming it's 30% off and there is parity between the regions to begin with. [/Debbie Downer]

edit,
Fun Labs: I am Super! - free

what sale? when? also interested in ToV.

There is a Games on Demand sale starting tomorrow - Major Nelson announced it last week. Some games will have "Up to 30% off."

There is no official list of games yet, I am just hoping for ToV - as it is too expensive to buy the disc (even used), and I would love a small price drop on the download version

There is a Games on Demand sale starting tomorrow - Major Nelson announced it last week. Some games will have "Up to 30% off."

There is no official list of games yet, I am just hoping for ToV - as it is too expensive to buy the disc (even used), and I would love a small price drop on the download version

thanks for the heads up. I must have missed his update (was it a tweet?).
yes, considering how ridiculous the price for retail ToV is, a drop from 19.99 to ~14-ish would be nice.

thanks for the heads up. I must have missed his update (was it a tweet?).
yes, considering how ridiculous the price for retail ToV is, a drop from 19.99 to ~14-ish would be nice.

There's a mention of it on his blog. I'm not holding my breath though, being in Europe and fully expecting these discounts to be US only.

Rlan

I need some help this week for the XBLA Analysis stuff.

1. I need Leaderboard data for Shoot Many Robots and Rayman 3 HD. I can do it, but it requires me to press down on a D-Pad 10,000 times, so I'm not gonna. If someone with the game could play the game for a level on a second account on their Xbox 360, and tell me their position on the Leaderboards, I would be very grateful :)

2. For those who have Sine Mora, are the Leaderboards for story based on your total playthrough, or just in general to whatever point you're currently at? If it is to where your at, I need the data similar to the games in #1 :)

2. For those who have Sine Mora, are the Leaderboards for story based on your total playthrough, or just in general to whatever point you're currently at? If it is to where your at, I need the data similar to the games in #1 :)

I don't have time right now since I work soon but I could check this when I get home this evening if you still don't have an answer. The score is tracked as soon as you start the Story. I had to quit out of it the first time I played and when I checked the leaderboard I was ranked with that current score. Also double-checked and when you start back up from where you quit out it keeps your score, which is pretty awesome since I was nervous jumping out and losing my score.

Dash Kappei

This is incorrect. Capy is funding it ourselves. It's being published by MS on XBLA.

I can't talk about any of this, unfortunately.

Thanks anyway for addressing my questions. I wish you guys the best, bought all your stuff day1 regardless of platforms (besides superbrothers: Sword+Sorcery since you gifted it to me :D but I passed on that goodwill many times, you got yourself 4 new fans out of the awesome Gift This App button -only one out of 5 didn't love it, sucks to be her I guess ahah, I wish you could gift games on XBLA too, damn) and that is unlikely to change.
Can't wait to play this one too, gfx/screens/pixels+chroma remind me a bit of a mix in style/gameplay between S+S/Bangai-o/Guardian Heroes/Super Crate Box. It probably plays nothing like that :p
Keep 'up the 2D awesomeness!

edit: oh, so the game isn't funded by Microsoft then, but published by them like Limbo or Super Meat Boy.
I hope they'll give you a noteworthy spot/marketing anyway and support the game a lot in the dashboard.

bigtroyjon said:
[nonsense]

... whatever.

Dash Kappei

Nah, not whatever. It was a totally overblown reaction to a generally pointless, but also harmless reply.

Yes, whatever. First don't accuse people of shit they don't if you don't want to be put in your place after your baseless accusations, then you shouldn't go all out on a legitimate question just to follow your puerile chilidish agenda. Secondly, if to you I'm the one overblowing stuff when I don't care to reply to someone suggesting I have a mental problem so be it. Thirdly, take it to PM if you really want (please don't) instead of shitting up this thread. Can we get back on topic now?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom