• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Fucking...

Girl friend of mine changed her birthday booze cruise from Sunday, 3rd to Saturday and of course it has to start exactly at 3:30.

I guess I was drunk a few nights ago and she was texting me about how I better be coming and I said, "Supposed to catch Florida Michigan at local Gators bar but I guess I can just record it and would rather be on a boat anyway."

NO god damn it. Alcohol you've failed me again. I mean the boat is going to be fun but I need to watch this game live.

andycapps

Fucking...

Girl friend of mine changed her birthday booze cruise from Sunday, 3rd to Saturday and of course it has to start exactly at 3:30.

I guess I was drunk a few nights ago and she was texting me about how I better be coming and I said, "Supposed to catch Florida Michigan at local Gators bar but I guess I can just record it and would rather be on a boat anyway."

NO god damn it. Alcohol you've failed me again. I mean the boat is going to be fun but I need to watch this game live.
You know what to do. Break up with her.

Fucking...

I'm so sorry.

Would you at least have a cell connection? Your data would get nuked, but it should be available on the WatchESPN app, right?

You know what to do. Break up with her.

No I'm engaged. Should have used "female friend" instead (I tried to denote it by separating "girl" and "friend.") Fiancee said she has no preference and is perfectly fine to go watch the game, so it's basically up to me.

If I thought there's a strong chance we'll lose, I'd pick the boat - if win, I'd pick the bar. I'm in the middle though.

Time to think creatively...

I'm so sorry.

Would you at least have a cell connection? Your data would get nuked, but it should be available on the WatchESPN app, right?

No it's on stupid ABC. And realistically if I'm going on the boat I need to socialize and not just get hammered and stare at my phone, even though that is basically my perfect scenario!

No I'm engaged. Should have used "female friend" instead (I tried to denote it by separating "girl" and "friend.") Fiancee said she has no preference and is perfectly fine to go watch the game, so it's basically up to me.

If I thought there's a strong chance we'll lose, I'd pick the boat - if win, I'd pick the bar. I'm in the middle though.

No it's on stupid ABC. And realistically if I'm going on the boat I need to socialize and not just get hammered and stare at my phone, even though that is basically my perfect scenario!

ABC is available on WatchESPN too. Usually. Edit: Guess not.

And yeah, that's true. Unless you find some people that are also starved for football on the boat!

So your Fiance is cool with you going on a booze cruise with another girl? She's a keeper

Bud Elliott has his updated look at blue chip ratings. Blue chips = 4 and 5 stars and he maintains that no team has won the championship with lower than 50% blue chips.

I wish there was a way to keep formatting intact. There's also a section showing biggest risers from 2014-2017 but I think the formatting would be unreadable here.

Little bit of Georgia Corner:
That's interesting

For all the talk that Ohio State and Florida State (and LSU) compare to Alabama talent-wise, Saban's roster is pretty significantly deeper than everyone else's. Geez.
Yeah.. Ohio State isn't that far off in comparison (still 9% difference,) with those numbers. It's kinda surprising to see FSU, LSU, USCw look a lot lower in comparison to Bama.

AP Poll is out:
Top 5 is fine i would say.

Haha no, we're both friends with her and both going/invited. There will be like 20-30 people.

giphy.gif

andycapps

Wait so if your fiance isn't sure she wants to go and is fine watching the game then just don't go. It's not your best friends getting married and it doesn't sound like it's a family obligation. Wouldn't even be a question for me.

andycapps

Anyone who asks me to do anything during an Ohio state game is no friend of mine and is immediately cut out.
Hey do you have anything going on around noon the last Saturday in November? Was thinking about doing a podcast camp out thing way out where there is no cell coverage. Probably nothing important going on that day.

ABC is on WatchESPN. Keep tabs on the game in between socializing and if it's close come middle of the 4th, go off to a corner and finish watching it. Easy.

Assuming bucknut isn't doing a spreadsheet this year I'm just doing this for fun.

AAC:
East-USF
West- Navy
Champ-Navy

ACC:
Atlantic-Clemson
Coastal-Miami
Champ-Clemson

Big 12:
Champ-OKST

B1G:
East-tOSU
West-Iowa
Champ-tOSU

Pac-12
North-Stanford
South- USC
Champ- USC

SEC:
East- Georgia
West- Alabama
Champ-Alabama

Playoffs
1. Alabama
4. USC

2. tOSU
3. Clemson

National Champion: Alabama.

Group of 5 New Years 6 bowl rep: Navy

I'm looking forward to the Alabama Clemson rubber game!

Picking Stanford in 2017? I'd like to know the logic on this one.

ryseing

Alright look. Save the main session thread for the first big week of the year IMO.

Also post that shit in regular OT. We deserve our month at the very least. Plus maybe mods will let us stay longer.

Someone needs to call who's doing it too.

Need this shit straight before the week ends.

Since I did the Playoff thread I'm fine with doing the opening week thread.

Week 1 schedule BTW. . Our OT Week 1 thread should go up August 31 because of the Indiana/tOSU game.

We especially gotta be ready for the Rutgers/UDub game the following day.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Stuff is probably all from the same factory.

Russell was Terrible. Capital T.

GT was like the only big school they even had under contract anymore, and that was only because some of the higher ups had GT connections.

I like Adidas gear, but like I said Adidas, Nike, UA ect... were all gonna be an upgrade regardless.

Oregon will be much improved, but still a down year compared to where they used to be. I think Washington will slip up a couple more times this year. I'm still not a believer in Colorado. Stanford wins the pac north by default.

I guess I think a lot more highly of Peterson and his ability to sustain success. He's the best coach on the West Coast in my opinion. UW returns most of their starters on both sides and has recruited really well.

Stanford was a mess offensively last year and I'm not sure they're better this year. Guess we will see!

I guess I think a lot more highly of Peterson and his ability to sustain success. He's the best coach on the West Coast in my opinion. UW returns most of their starters on both sides and has recruited really well.

Stanford was a mess offensively last year and I'm not sure they're better this year. Guess we will see!

I would argue McCaffery made their offense one dimensional and we may see an improved overall production from their offense this year

Washington v. USC for the Pac-12 chip seems easy. I'll be watching Stanford v. Rice Saturday, maybe they'll show me something to make me change my mind. *shrug*

Doubt it, though. It's fucking Rice lmao

cdyhybrid

I would argue McCaffery made their offense one dimensional and we may see an improved overall production from their offense this year

It was probably more their QBs getting hurt and/or sucking that made them one-dimensional.

They seemed fine with Luck and Hogan, and they didn't have slouches at RB while those guys were there.

Top Bottom