• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Milly79

Hmm

W6enT7G.jpg

scoobs

What the hell is going on with Samuros win rate? Approaching 60% again randomly after chilling around 51-54 forever.

About to get my booty pushed in by Mcintyre :( Milly, you might not like him... But he is too good in HL lol

on a side note, i need to stop playing tilted. I went on like a 11 out of 12 losing streak a few days ago

edit: nvm. we kicked his ass LUL

I didn't even realize Mc was still playing. I haven't seen him stream but like once in weeks.

He was on vacation for like 2 weeks. Like Fam said, Hold it down is 3rd, but variations of their team if combined would be by far #1. IMO they can beat Even in Death or Naventic in a 7 game series. They already beat superstars and naventic at bloodlust IIRC.

So he'll probably be a pro again in short order.

Hum i've just seen Genji and Garrosh win rate on hotslogs. Is Garrosh that bad and the nerfs to Genji have been this strong ? Or is it the time for players to adapt.

What the hell is going on with Samuros win rate? Approaching 60% again randomly after chilling around 51-54 forever.

People remembered Samuro can kill heroes, specially supports.

Guys I think Malfurion should get a Death Knight Skin

That has been my tri-yearly post.

There is internal nexus war between the graveyard guy vs the crow guy , so far it looks like blizzard is focusing on that since the heroes are gettin called and get on one side of the nexus gods

kirblar

Hum i've just seen Genji and Garrosh win rate on hotslogs. Is Garrosh that bad and the nerfs to Genji have been this strong ? Or is it the time for players to adapt.
Garrosh is undertuned (either HP or DPS needs a buff for him, this is pretty much just a numbers thing- the other issues w/ him are in needing his GFX/Sound to feel more meaty) and Genji is a high-skill-floor/high-skill-cap hero who needs to be balanced around the top 1-20%, not Bronze league. (Gazlowe is an example of the opposite.)

brian!

Genji was prob nerfed too hard, i dont think garrosh is bad at all but i dont think he's easy to win games with and he's high skill in the sense that his cds are long so he has to make them count. Plus i think he's an awful solo warrior and i bet a lot of ppl are playing him this way atm

manfestival

since my last post in here, I have "figured out" how to not be awful at sylvannas and now I love playing her. It is pretty great to just push a lane down and when everyone realizes how far its pushed and comes after you its like PEACE. Free week xul is nice too. Debating on whether I use coins to buy him or sgt hammer. SOMEONE HELP ME DECIDE!

FinKL

since my last post in here, I have "figured out" how to not be awful at sylvannas and now I love playing her. It is pretty great to just push a lane down and when everyone realizes how far its pushed and comes after you its like PEACE. Free week xul is nice too. Debating on whether I use coins to buy him or sgt hammer. SOMEONE HELP ME DECIDE!

Xul over Hammer easily, hes just too good right now

scoobs

I don't think they targeted the right areas when trying to balance Genji. His power lies in his E and Dragonblade, nerfing hp and mana seemed like a weird choice to me. If you're trying to balance him on the pro level but keep him at a healthy win rate across all skill levels, nerfing base stats is the wrong move.

brian!

genji tier 2 now imo, still good
maybe thats where he should stay

From a spectator point of view i feel like he's been prioritized too highly recently in pro games, like i feel the genji players are telling themselves they need to outplay harder but he's just not a great first wave pick now that ppl have gotten used to countering him in draft.

This article about gaming houses is good: https://trentesports.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/zoia-got-it-wrong-why-hots-teams-need-a-gaming-house/

"Solo Warrior" was such an awful way to phrase it. He's a Main Tank. But you cannot go triple backline DPS w/ him.

oh i meant like solo lane warrior

Some friends and I were jamming team hero league and I somehow MVP'd with Tassadar without leading in a single category (except the category for sweet walls). Sure, my play was solid and I did Tass things with no deaths, but we were all a bit confused and surprised. I just don't understand how they tally things up. My teammates played super well too. It was all just odd

stealth Tass MVP brag post

I believe kill participation is the biggest factor, followed by least deaths, but i could be wrong on the order there. He probably had a buttload of assists.

Sure, tons of assists and no solo kills. But our Valla went bananas and had 2 deaths with 30K more hero damage than anybody else. Sometimes this game baffles me.

Alur

Least deaths was the biggest contributor when the system launched, unless that changed. Then kill participation, then actual killing blows. Leading a category or more helps as well, but you'll also have instances like the above where you do very well in multiple categories but don't lead and it takes that into account as well sometimes it seems.

It's not always the most accurate but I think it does a decent job considering it can't account for huge plays/saves that happen, or shotcalling and so forth. Still think it'd be cooler if the system was a bit more like Overwatch with just the cards at the end and the players themselves could pick the MVP via votes if they want.

EDIT: No Tomorrow sponsored by Spacestation Gaming. Another new player snagging established rosters.

brian!

Haha spacestation gaming

i like that they reverted butcher back to needing to gank early, maybe they should look into what constitutes participation for blood drops tho?

Prelude.

3 minutes of queue to play Stukov and I'm against another Stukov. Thanks.

Our Garrosh throwing DVa bomb into our team killing both supports. Amazing match.

Altairre

I just queued into a group with Samuro, Valeera, Nova and Zera. What the fuck.

Edit: We stomped them as expected since they had 0 waveclear and we also had Morales reveal. They did get a couple of kills though whenever someone split from the group for some reason.

Alavard

I just queued into a group with Samuro, Valeera, Nova and Zera. What the fuck.

Edit: We stomped them as expected since they had 0 waveclear and we also had Morales reveal. They did get a couple of kills though whenever someone split from the group for some reason.

I'm hoping the enemy team was a 5-stack or a 4-stack of the stealthies with a rando? Even if that's the case, I feel back for the rando.

brian!

if they are gonna let butcher keep such a large spike after the quest they really really need to have him participate in hero kills for blood instead of just being able to stand around the kill
he can get shut down really hard if he's picked early but a surprise butcher pick against a team not prepared is basically a free win i feel

make it so he has to participate or ramp down the blood i guess, there is no reason he should be getting this much power lvl 7/8

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seems like it's pretty much confirmed that we will see two heroes:
KT being one and firebat the other if the rumors are to be believed.

hopefully its the
much bulkier SCII version

Alur

I'll take whatever as long as it gets Kel'Thuzad in the game...and hopefully not as a secondary support.

The one hero I've wanted the most since getting into the Tech Alpha. Not sure who I'll pine over next.

Maledict

I'll take whatever as long as it gets Kel'Thuzad in the game...and hopefully not as a secondary support.

The one hero I've wanted the most since getting into the Tech Alpha. Not sure who I'll pine over next.

If they have any sense they will have completely and utterly backed away from the idea of 'secondary supports' at this stage. They don't work, they cause huge balance issues, and even worse most of them cause really boring games because no-one dies.

Making Lucio require another support to be viable was incredibly dumb, and Medivh creates the most boring games ever at pro play. The concept just doesn't work as the game is balanced right now.

scoobs

Good. Feels like Lucio isnt even in the game anymore he got nerfed so hard, fucking nobody plays the guy and hes still pretty good IMHO

Top Bottom