• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biker19

Banned
so how long GAF peasants have to wait to get the real story...not fair!

I don't believe this. There's just no way the Xbox One can't run Ghosts at 1080p. :/ Anyways... weren't the matches the media played way back running on Xbox One's, and wasn't the debut trailer running on the Xbox One? This has to be a recent change based on development issues, or just not true at all. :/

The denial is incredible.

The fact is, is that the PS4 is more perfectly designed to handle Native 1080p resolutions much more so than Xbox One & Wii U could.

Salex_

Is this a joke?

0064_qaev.gif

Sure buddy

Hahhahaha, I like this guy.

How can you prefer something that's worse?

Was nice knowing you, GAF.

ilXkr8gIW1UFB.gif

Guevara

Next gen COD
- That's good
But it's 720p
- That's bad
But it's 60fps
- That's good
But it's 1080p on PS4
- That's bad
And the system is unstable
....?
(that's bad)
- Can I go now?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
posted this in other thread but it wont get seen

is it possible activision is moving away from ms ? could the dlc exclusive change soon. after diablo, destiny, and showing ps4 version of cod ?

Pre-emptive damage control? If it ends up being 900p, it will thus be seen as a postive....

There's no way this is 720p....surey... One phone call to MS and they'd have shipped a load of Tech Fellows in to help the development. With all their experience creating DirectX they'd whip this in to shape in no time....

Seriously, MS wouldn't let "their" biggest title ship out at 720, they'd put resources in to it. Or buy Activision. Or something. Anything to ensure, at least, "parity".

If true, this may be the killer blow. This news would make even the most ardent MS fan think twice.

velociraptor

Based on the PC system requirements and this information, I'd attribute half of it to Infinity Ward's technical incompetence post-exodus. Xbox is definitely not as powerful as the PS4 but it's probably capable of running games at 1080p, especially ones that look like Call of Duty: Ghosts.
While it's true that the 7770 is capable of running COD in 1080p60 (as MW3 and BLOPS 2 have shown us), I think it shows the Xbox One isn't as balanced as MS have touted. Let me break it down for you.

1. The ESRAM is a pain in the neck to program for.
2. 32MB framebuffer size may not be enough for 1080p.
3. 16 ROPS in the GPU is restrictive for 1080p.

Thus, 1080p is a hard task for the Xbox One.

Wow, MS just keep messing it up. Pretty telling info coming out of this thread.

On a related note, the COD Ghosts game looks like shit anyway. Floating bodies and pants textures all over the 1080p ps4 ign vids. Looks literally like a current gen game in my opinion. Why anyone would drop the notes for a next gen machine to play this particular game is beyond madness. Get it on current gen if you *have* to, but my god, COD 4 seems like a long way away now.

Steroyd

Let's see, hard hat, check
Bomb shelter supplies, check
Fully charged generator, check
Copied all my games onto the Vita, check

If this is confirmed, see you guys on the other side. *salutes*

Yeah, not going to believe this.

Xbone doesn't have enough power for 1080p COD? Come on, lets be serious here.

I will say the IGN COD preview being on PS4 was a tiny bit suspect though.

Didn't someone at IW confirm 1080p?

Have you seen what type of GPU it takes to run 1080p games x 60fps at high details and such?

WAY more then the power of the 7770.

CODBO2-med-1680.png

This aint even 1080p, Ultra details. This is sub 1080p x Medium detail on Black Ops 2 and the 7770 still doesn't reach 60fps.

Forget about 1080p on the X1 for PC ports. Unless you want low-medium detail levels and no AA.

Goku

Banned
My goodness.

If this is true- the average consumer won't understand. But it just seems strange with Microsoft exclusivity, and an inability to run in 1080p?

Whoa- utter insanity!

Let's not jump to the conclusion that Xbone is unable to run CoD in 1080p. It running in 720p, judging by the rumours, might have something more to do with the developement process.

TTOOLL

How did Microsoft fuck up this bad...

A weaker, more expensive, harder to develop for console.

Xbone was a 2014 thing, then February came and Sony surprised everyone announcing the PS4 for this year. MS rushed and now that's what we have.

Ty4on

This whole thing seems so Unreal. Just remember about a year ago we had a bunch of so - called insiders screaming "parity" from the rafters. And about how both machines were "on par" with each other.

What the fuck happened?

8GB GDDR5
surprise
? :p

Even then we heard for quite some time that they would have the same CPU and same GPU architecture, but that the PS4/Durango would have a bigger GPU. We also knew of DDR3 versus GDDR5 only Sony doubled the amount.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If this was a negative story about the PS4 people would be asking for more proof than a couple of posts.

POPCORN DOT GIF POPCORN DOT GIF

I fail to see this as something with longterm ramifications for the Xbone though. A cross-gen launch game that wasn't optimized for 1080 in time for release isn't indicative of the console's future. Once developers have a firm grasp of the hardware I'm sure things will be fine, because as sour as I am on Microsoft by now, I don't think it's TOO unreasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt on something like this.

Abriael

Banned
Famousmortimer himself says it's "hearsay", so no, I'll wait and see on this one.

"It really does need to be double checked. It's hearsay"

Waiting for the first website disreputable enough to try and sell it as truth on N4G.

KoopaTheCasual

You are forgetting all the Proelite posts as well:
COD running at 720p at launch is the least of Xbox One's problems at launch.
There could be a ton of bugs in the OS and in the multi-player framework that causes a really bad user experience all around. They have one month remaining so we'll see.
This is Infinity Ward we're talking about. Any decent coder would have jumped ship LONG ago instead of crunching for a COD launch title.
Given the choice between

720p COD

and

Xbox One OS that crashes / hangs once per user session. Flaky ass multi-player.

I think 720p COD is the lesser of the two evils.

Holy fucking shit.....

An ass storm indeed. I guess this is what CBOAT meant by "risk everywhere. this place is nuts" #truthfacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom