• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

F34R

My pre auth charge expired, and order is still there. I know it wasn't a payment issue to be canceled on my end.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally checking up on this thread. I have notifications setup for a few locations. Hopefully I can snag one of these!

Akoi

Both of mine are still processing... crossing my fingers here.. I picked in-store pickup and used paypal.

deleted

Has Amazon.fr opened up preorders again since the beginning?
They had the 50 Euro deal, right?

I have a German preorder at 100 Euro, but it's a little bit on the expensive site.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Well, if those Customer Service people who said they should have been up Thursday/Friday of this week, perhaps other retail places will have them up around that time frame. Keep up hope Fam.

If I see them, and I can snag more pre-orders, I will try to give GAF the hook up :D

Both of mine are still processing... crossing my fingers here.. I picked in-store pickup and used paypal.

I believe it will say "processing" up until it is being prepared for pickup in a couple of months. My Metroid amiibo preorder still says that and it has been weeks since I put in the order.

Well, if those Customer Service people who said they should have been up Thursday/Friday of this week, perhaps other retail places will have them up around that time frame. Keep up hope Fam.

We'll see, but I'm starting to feel pretty confident those reps didn't know what the fuck they were talking about, and/or there was a lot of bullshit floating around the internet. Seems like a good number (most?) of us haven't had our orders cancelled despite them supposedly saying they all will be.

It was briefly possible to pre-order the Super NES Classic Edition at Walmart, but the company now says it jumped the gun — and customers are reporting that Walmart is canceling their orders.

Pre-orders went live late Friday night, shortly after 11:30 p.m. EDT, and were available for just over half an hour before Walmart said it was out of stock (and its website crashed). Many customers, including multiple Polygon staffers, were able to place orders without a hitch during that small window.

The next day, however, pre-order customers began posting online to say that Walmart had canceled their orders. Some people received cancellation emails citing unverifiable payment information. But most of the chatter has concerned a purported screenshot posted on Twitter of a chat with a Walmart customer service representative, in which the employee says that pre-orders went live because of a “website error, since the manufacturer doesn’t have the preorder yet.”

The rep adds, “The orders that were already placed will be cancelled.”

More at the link
https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/24/16019808/snes-classic-pre-orders-canceled-walmart

Everything about the NES and now SNES Classic has been a huge fuck up by NOA. Just another bullet point in the long list of issues.
To be fair, it seems like this is due to the same delay in FCC certification that is holding up the XBox ONE X pre-orders. It legitimately might be out of their hands.

KPunk

This entire thing is so interesting. I placed an order about 2 min after receiving the email. I wonder if this is more of a "we sold too many preorders" or what they are currently saying. Regardless the fact that Walmart Immediately charged the CC for the purchase I'd be very upset if they canceled on me.

To be fair, it seems like this is due to the same delay in FCC certification that is holding up the XBox ONE X pre-orders. It legitimately might be out of their hands.

Has there been ANY confirmation that an FCC Filing is what's holding back the SNES Pre-Orders? I know Microsoft confirmed it for the XboX, but I haven't heard any official source on the SNES Mini.

TBH I kinda hope they cancel my preorder so I can finally update my damn billing address.

I've had stuff continuously on preorder since I moved.

So I didn't miss the Wal-Mart pre-orders?

Or is it just that they allotted more than they should and some of them are getting cancelled but not all?

The NES Classic did not get an FCC certification. So, this is unlikely the reason.

Has there been ANY confirmation that an FCC Filing is what's holding back the SNES Pre-Orders? I know Microsoft confirmed it for the XboX, but I haven't heard any official source on the SNES Mini.

Zero.

muzzymate

My preorder that I put in at 11:42PM EDT (or is EST right now), is still "Processing".

Please please please don't get canceled!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
The first rule of SNES Classic Edition Preorder Club is you don't talk about SNES Classic Edition Preorder Club.

Nintendo: Here is this great thing we're making!
Consumers: We would like said great thing!
Nintendo:
6pXxxyZ.gif

SpikeDaPenguin

Neo Member
My order is still processing. Here's hoping it'll stay. What I did was, months before this preorder, I signed up for Walmart.com and filled in everything I could fill in (address, billing, cc, etc.). Then when I got the email notification from Walmart I instantly jumped in and purchased. While I could hope for my preorder to stay, if it needs to get cancelled because the preorder was a "glitch" why hasn't Walmart sent out a mass cancellation to everyone instead of one cancellation after the other? It'd be interesting to get a IT person from Walmart in this forum to explain things to us.

My order is still processing. Received the confirmation e-mail at 12:03 EST. Says 10/3 delivery shipped to my home.

I got lucky and randomly opened Gaf on Friday night and the SNES Walmart preorder thread was already 250+ posts. Put my order in immediately. Thought I had missed it for sure.

The Lamp

Wait.

Polygon seriously made an article based off a user talking with a customer service rep?

Jesus Christ.

They feed their families with that caliber of journalism, lmao

Anyway, my pre-order is still up so I don't know why some were cancelled and some weren't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

El Odio

Banned
Well my account still has the charge on it and my preorder is still there. I post this knowing full well I probably jinxed myself and it'll be gone by nightfall.

So I missed the preorder rush...is that it? Whoever doesn't get a preorder must now fend for themselves and go second hand to get one of these things? Or is Nintendo going to be making and releasing more?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I missed the preorder rush...is that it? Whoever doesn't get a preorder must now fend for themselves and go second hand to get one of these things? Or is Nintendo going to be making and releasing more?

In the U.S., most preorders haven't started yet, and the one that did said they started too soon.

Wait.

Polygon seriously made an article based off a user talking with a customer service rep?

Jesus Christ.

Yeap, and then there were some idiots posting on GAF how they had allegedly talked to their cousin that works and Wal-Mart and saying the pre-orders would be cancelled. Come on people.

Some people sure are salty they didn't get one and just want to troll the rest of us.

BriGuy

I'll be super pissed if Walmart cancels all of these orders. Incorrect billing information? Fine. Cancelling duplicate orders so there's a limit of one per customer? More than understandable. Nuking every last one so scalpers can get their bots and dummy accounts ready to clean house? Fuck you.

I'm real sick of this song and dance, and if this gets cancelled on me, I'm putting that money towards a retropie and putting every single SNES Classic game on it. Then I'm going to send a picture of it next to my dick wrapped in $80 to Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Japan, Nintendo of Croatia... I don't know, make a list. They're all going to get it. Nintendo products seem to have a monopoly on this kind of horseshit and I just don't get how they keep failing to learn from past mistakes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'll be super pissed if Walmart cancels all of these orders. Incorrect billing information? Fine. Cancelling duplicate orders so there's a limit of one per customer? More than understandable. Nuking every last one so scalpers can get their bots and dummy accounts ready to clean house? Fuck you.

I'm real sick of this song and dance, and if this gets cancelled on me, I'm putting that money towards a retropie and putting every single SNES Classic game on it. Then I'm going to send a picture of it next to my dick wrapped in $80 to Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Japan, Nintendo of Croatia... I don't know, make a list. They're all going to get it. Nintendo products seem to have a monopoly on this kind of horseshit and I just don't get how they keep failing to learn from past mistakes.

It's not Nintendo's fault their machines are in such high demand.

Hoping mine doesn't get cancelled. But who the heck knows what's going on.

That's basically the summary of that Polygon article.. no one knows anything.

Kusagari

If Walmart was just going to cancel them all, you think they would have done it by now.

This delayed canceling process just doesn't make sense.

Which makes me more likely to think it has something to do with a stinginess when it comes to credit cards.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I'm putting that money towards a retropie and putting every single SNES Classic game on it. Then I'm going to send a picture of it next to my dick wrapped in $80 to Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Japan, Nintendo of Croatia... I don't know, make a list. They're all going to get it. Nintendo products seem to have a monopoly on this kind of horseshit and I just don't get how they keep failing to learn from past mistakes.

Yoooooo

Top Bottom