• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

ZSeba

Reading the FNN

tumblr_inline_oo2vgviKYo1qb9x1g_500.gif

Loved this ! lol :p

TF1 music

TF1 weapons

TF1 map

makes the game better

I'm seeing a pattern here

All we need now are 1st person animations :D .... amirite?

Arrrammis

Play for 1.5 hrs....lose every match to a pubstomping. Is this the ps4 climate now? GAF network is fucking empty....

Yeah, it usually is (gaf group being empty that is). A friend and me are playing if you want to group up though (PSN is the same as my Gaf name), makes it much more fun.

Izuna

Banned
lmao they buffed the Volt?

I haven't even been playing, but I really wonder what's going on what their vision for this game.

New Pilot Kit works with Assists or nah?

We wont know exact changes until the patch hits, but the hottest of takes

- Unnecessary Volt changes. It really should be the baseline
- Flatline tweaks were needed but doubtful they're anything significant. RNG will get you when youre behind a wall anyway.
- 201/101 buff... why? Its maybe the most balanced gun in the game lol
- Devotion will never be where it needs to be. Should have never been created. Spitfire mod that made it behave like the XO16 Accelerator would have been preferred. Ramp up, harder to control, most effect at close-ish range.
- DMR nerf... I guess? The small percentage of people who use sniper rifles when theyre bored are probably upset.
- P2016 nerf... pocket G2 no more? Too bad the G2 didnt receive any attention.
- R-97 SMGs shouldnt be as effective as they in medium to long ranges. Its like a damn laser when hipfiring
- Tactikill Mod tweaks are unnecessary. Balancing the Pilot abilities would have been better. Still baffled that the A-wall has more health than a Boost or Phase Shift has two charges lol
- Melee... so nothing changed
- Ion should have had his Laser Shot charge up to fire. Reduced damage or more energy, both seems a bit much.
- Titan core meter changes are unnecessary considering they had already nerfed it
- Titan executions no longer blocked by shields is another dumbing down

So
No G2 changes
No Phase Shift changes
No A-wall changes
No melee fixes

Yeah, it usually is (gaf group being empty that is). A friend and me are playing if you want to group up though (PSN is the same as my Gaf name), makes it much more fun.

Heh, knee jerk venting on my behalf. I'm a bit rusty to be honest. I'm not playing more today most likely but will add you and keep an eye out. Thanks for offering some GAF relief :D

We wont know exact changes until the patch hits, but the hottest of takes

- Unnecessary Volt changes. It really should be the baseline
- Flatline tweaks were needed but doubtful they're anything significant. RNG will get you when youre behind a wall anyway.
- 201/101 buff... why? Its maybe the most balanced gun in the game lol
- Devotion will never be where it needs to be. Should have never been created. Spitfire mod that made it behave like the XO16 Accelerator would have been preferred. Ramp up, harder to control, most effect at close-ish range.
- DMR nerf... I guess? The small percentage of people who use sniper rifles when theyre bored are probably upset.
- P2016 nerf... pocket G2 no more? Too bad the G2 didnt receive any attention.
- R-97 SMGs shouldnt be as effective as they in medium to long ranges. Its like a damn laser when hipfiring
- Tactikill Mod tweaks are unnecessary. Balancing the Pilot abilities would have been better. Still baffled that the A-wall has more health than a Boost or Phase Shift has two charges lol
- Melee... so nothing changed
- Ion should have had his Laser Shot charge up to fire. Reduced damage or more energy, both seems a bit much.
- Titan core meter changes are unnecessary considering they had already nerfed it
- Titan executions no longer blocked by shields is another dumbing down

So
No G2 changes
No Phase Shift changes
No A-wall changes
No melee fixes

Some melee fixes are mentioned. But r97 is going to more nerfing, G2 needs it badly (damn controllers and their aim assist...), and grappling needs to drop the flag in CTF.

Some melee fixes are mentioned. But r97 is going to more nerfing, G2 needs it badly (damn controllers and their aim assist...), and grappling needs to drop the flag in CTF.

Neither melee fix address the lock on/lunge or the whiffing when you're right on them.

I used the phase shift r97 combo last night and it was the first time I received hate mail in a while.

Izuna

Banned
It's funny jumping in this thread and seeing that certain basic things are still not fixed.

Also funny that the two "anti-dev" posters are banned and yet the Respawn devs haven't returned.

I guess that's because there's no more discussion left. It's all been said.

These incremental, "let's make the game slightly more like R1" updates are actually mind-boggling.

What was the whole point in that 3-lane map design if it's being replaced.

I really hope that Respawn learns who their actual fanbase is for Titanfall 3. Stick to the OG vision and keep what's unique, just try and make it better and easier for more people to understand/access it. Not to make it sound easy, but going CoD in a game praised for its similarities to Quake was just...

VeeP

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who hasn't left. Us not saying anything doesn't mean we're not reading.

Please fix the biggest, most glaring issue of TF2. I know you've got dozens of request for this. We need to be able to high five Marv.
nicxejurowkrfgymi9iu.png

Respawn pls

UncomfortableDismalIntermediateegret.gif

Respawn pls.

Arc grenades remain incredibly UNFUN. They would be fine if they didn't not only freeze all your momentum (even mid air?!) but freezing your aim is just ridiculous. Grav stars are like the fun version of the same type of grenade since you can actually FIGHT BACK.

Another thing, why does Kraber get punished so badly with flinch when you are shot at while aiming? It's already tough to be a parkouring ninja sniper without your aim getting thrown off on your single shot rifle.

I also hope Complex, Homestead, and well, any map with those rocks gets a geo pass. Auto mantling onto A SINGLE STAIR STEP and other knee high objects has happened repeatedly. Let's be real for a moment, I can't think of a single time where I actually wanted to mantle something instead of bouncing off of it. As it stands it's a seemingly randomly initiated literal deathtrap..

And to repeat, turrets and auto titan tracking AI is well and truly broken and has been since launch. Not one but three recent examples:
https://gfycat.com/AmbitiousGleefulIndianrockpython
https://gfycat.com/SadDelectableBlackcrappie
https://gfycat.com/SelfreliantSlimyAustrianpinscher

/Complaints

Which one of these

- Fixed issue with melee attacks not hitting near corners.
- Improved hit accuracy when there is a height difference between players.

does this fit under?

hcWDnr2.gif

Unless the guy really is Jesus Christ then something may be broken

Which one of these

- Fixed issue with melee attacks not hitting near corners.
- Improved hit accuracy when there is a height difference between players.

does this fit under?

hcWDnr2.gif

Unless the guy really is Jesus Christ then something may be broken

The problem is that the range is so goddamn inconsistent and ranges from 30 feet super jumps to not being able to hit the guy 1 foot in front of you. It's a terrible experience because you are never quite sure of when you are in melee range and when you aren't. TF1 was much better in this regard.

Izuna

Banned
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who hasn't left. Us not saying anything doesn't mean we're not reading.

Understood. And apologies didn't mean to suggest that these updates weren't taking up all a lot of work time.

~~

It's funny that the Archer ended up being the goat Anti-Titan weapon because of the unnecessary balance they gave to it. I personally had an almost 70% hit-rate with the original version, but everyone was all "no it's terrible"... Now it's effectively buggy.

E92 M3

Listening to people that ask for nerfs puts the game into a worse state. Just buff what's lagging behind and let everyone have fun.

There is a reason that Modern Warfare 2 was one of most fun shooters ever released.

Volt back to being a 4 hit kill at near distance? Well, looks like I'm coming back lol. I feel like I'm going to have to relearn how to slide hop again since I haven't touched the game in nearly 3 months. Also looking forward to trying the new maps and modes that I've missed during that time.

Flatline was good pre-buff anyways.

As was the r97, spitfire, archer, and lstar but they received unnecessary buffs. People will gravitate towards the lowest effort weapons so 3 shot kill guns will be popular compared​ to others that may take 4 or 5 or 6 shots

I imagine the constant "respawn pls do X" and complaints have something to do with it.

They may be in the wrong business then

You know whats great? Losing all momentum for no reason at all.

You know what else is great? The stuff thats complained about here or down voted on the sub reddit are the issues the rest of community becomes aware of weeks or months later lol

Dry Dock has some good layout and all, but the spawns are really iffy as it's really easy to spawn trap or be spawn trapped on within the first minute or so, and never get out for the remainder of the game

It's somehow worse than Crash Site's back area with the radio tower because Dry Dock's a more open map, you expect the spawns to be a bit more leniant with where you're placed, but you get spawned in the same cramped area almost everytime

Izuna

Banned
Man, GameSager has been saying it has the worst spawns since week 2.

Plus that map is why I switched to Phase Shift. It's incredible how so much of it is suicide if you have nuclear.

It sucks to try and play a few rounds only for them to tumble over with stacked teams and your ISP throttling you more often than a person sneezing during allergy season

Listening to people that ask for nerfs puts the game into a worse state. Just buff what's lagging behind and let everyone have fun.

There is a reason that Modern Warfare 2 was one of most fun shooters ever released.
Modern Warfare 2 was an unbalanced glitchy mess with tons of bullshit deaths and a TTK that's way too fast.

No ty

E92 M3

Modern Warfare 2 was an unbalanced glitchy mess with tons of bullshit deaths and a TTK that's way too fast.

No ty

Yeah, that's why it was one of the most popular shooters ever and incredibly fun. Not everything needs to be super serious and trying to neuter Titanfall due to "balnce" issues will not end in a happy playerbase.

VeeP

Yeah, that's why it was one of the most popular shooters ever and incredibly fun. Not everything needs to be super serious and trying to neuter Titanfall due to "balnce" issues will not end in a happy playerbase.

I don't think it was incredibly popular because everything was OP.

The game was popular for a few reasons. One it was coming off the incredible well acclaimed CoD4. Two it had a great marketing and tons of hype behind it. Three at that point people were tired of WW2 games. Four, the game had lots of content and was accessible.

People weren't happy about the balance, at least not that I can remember. I sure didn't like getting cross mapped with Model 1887s or the other balance issues in the game.

I don't think it was incredibly popular because everything was OP.

The game was popular for a few reasons. One it was coming off the incredible well acclaimed CoD4. Two it had a great marketing and tons of hype behind it. Three at that point people were tired of WW2 games. Four, the game had lots of content and was accessible.

People weren't happy about the balance, at least not that I can remember. I sure didn't like getting cross mapped with Model 1887s or the other balance issues in the game.
Yeah or commando or noon tube oma or any of the other stuff. It wasn't a feature lol

And if people did like that then at least I can say that I don't want that in tf2

Rayme

Exhibit A of how incredibly gross aim assist is right now:
https://gfycat.com/DeliciousWeeIchneumonfly

The sticky aim tracks me the whole way through with minimal effort.
You literally jumped into their line of fire, right into center crosshairs. And they _did_ track you. You can argue that aimassist helped them not oversteer, but this is the most on-a-silver-platter you could have made yourself without hovering in place.

You literally jumped into their line of fire, right into center crosshairs. And they _did_ track you. You can argue that aimassist helped them not oversteer, but this is the most on-a-silver-platter you could have made yourself without hovering in place.
You can compare the actual controller movement to the aim assist motion sure to the stopping points in the latter. I'm not saying I shouldn't have died, but the aim assist is a massive boon when fighting high velocity targets. Most KB/M players would not have landed every shot in that scenario, since jumping into the line of fire does not result in ludicrous accounts of computer assisted tracking. If I wanted to play the have just to rack up kills, controller is my best option because it is a soft aimbot. Surviving against KB/M players is about keeping high velocity and unpredictable movement, but neither does anything to increase survivability against the aim assist on controllers since it almost perfectly and instantly compensates for both and is fundamentally detrimental to the gun fights in the game. It's honestly laughable at how much easier it is to track with controller. Any veteran TF player has and will attest to this.

I'd suggest reading this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5yuyl9/why_aim_assist_does_not_belong_on_pc/

And specifically this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5yuyl9/why_aim_assist_does_not_belong_on_pc/deudyz6/

E92 M3

You can compare the actual controller movement to the aim assist motion sure to the stopping points in the latter. I'm not saying I shouldn't have died, but the aim assist is a massive boon when fighting high velocity targets. Most KB/M players would not have landed every shot in that scenario, since jumping into the line of fire does not result in ludicrous accounts of computer assisted tracking. If I wanted to play the have just to rack up kills, controller is my best option because it is a soft aimbot. Surviving against KB/M players is about keeping high velocity and unpredictable movement, but neither does anything to increase survivability against the aim assist on controllers since it almost perfectly compensates for both and is fundamentally detrimental to the gun fights in the game. It's honestly laughable at how much easier it is to track with controller. Any veteran TF player has and will attest to this.

I'd suggest reading this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5yuyl9/why_aim_assist_does_not_belong_on_pc/

And specifically this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5yuyl9/why_aim_assist_does_not_belong_on_pc/deudyz6/

I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. Veteran players will still dominate, while beginners will have an easier time getting into it.

It's nothing that needs to be changed.

I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. Veteran players will still dominate, while beginners will have an easier time getting into it.

It's nothing that needs to be changed.
Fundamental misunderstanding of the problem. The problem isn't dying, the problem is the frustration created by the game having a built in significant imbalance in a competitive setting.

E92 M3

Fundamental misunderstanding of the problem. The problem isn't dying, the problem is the frustration created by the game having a built in significant imbalance in a competitive setting.

Some things people just have to deal with or stop playing. Trying to always change games post launch hurts more than it helps in some instances. Look at Smash Melee - a very casual game, but also super competitive.

No matter what, the top TF players will always end up on top.

Top Bottom