• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

RPGCrazied

If Comey's father is angry and speaking out, odds are James is probably feeling the same way.

This hearing should be on PPV, lol

"these unfair restrictions"

What the fuck is with these snowflakes, and why do they all keep using the same toddler words? You know what, don't bother answering that, I don't really want to know.

That gif is good enough.

edit: also, you think with Roger Ailes gone that Fox News would start to consider realigning themselves with reality a bit more, but somehow that just isn't happening. Why is that?

Oddly enough Fox has been going through some changes because of the loss of:

- Greta
- O'Reilly
- Kelly
- Ailes

Who were all basically the top dogs at actually selling that conservative spin to more than just the hardcore conservatives.

With them gone, Hannity types have basically taken over which means that Fox News has now lost any and all subtlety to its right-wing agenda.

I suspect that at some point though shits gonna hit the fan with fox for few reasons:

1) Their base may be solidifying in its craziness, but it is also shrinking

2) Fox has been starting to actually dip in ratings

3) Going Full-Breitbart will inevitably lead to a loss of advertisers

It's absolutely crazy how this station is so watched and people actually believe it. When I was in college I'd put Fox on and I didn't remember it being this crazy. The people on there are either insane or they're in kayfabe.

The problem is that impressionable youths are being brainwashed by this poison.

What the fuck is with these snowflakes, and why do they all keep using the same toddler words? You know what, don't bother answering that, I don't really want to know.

That gif is good enough.

edit: also, you think with Roger Ailes gone that Fox News would start to consider realigning themselves with reality a bit more, but somehow that just isn't happening. Why is that?

Last time I looked at it they had a long sticky declaring they would basically go to war with Reddit if it didn't stop treating them unfairly by a certain time that night. Looks like they did and lost.

It'd be great if they went to voat. No one but the worst racists goes to voat, just a shitty little circle jerk that they can have. If they believe they'll revitalize voat it could only be based on this lie they like to tell about having 7 million members, arrived at by some dodgy interpretation of ad impression data.

It's absolutely crazy how this station is so watched and people actually believe it. When I was in college I'd put Fox on and I didn't remember it being this crazy. The people on there are either insane or they're in kayfabe.

That's because it actually wasn't as crazy years ago. Don't get me wrong it was still blatantly conservative propaganda, but it had worked because it actually had people who were trained debaters and the network knew how to be subtle.

Nowadays they are becoming the Cable-Network version of Breitbart.

The problem is that impressionable youths are being brainwashed by this poison.

I'am all for freedom of the press, but this is getting dangerous where people don't believe that Trump never gave intel or the Flynn news, but believe outlandish crap like the Seth Rich story. I don't think Fox ever came out and and apologized for publishing such a bullshit story.

I think something needs to be designed that filters out the fake shit with some kind of algorithms that have commonalities with each other.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I'am all for freedom of the press, but this is getting dangerous where people don't believe that Trump never gave intel or the Flynn news, but believe outlandish crap like the Seth Rich story. I don't think Fox ever came out and and apologized for publishing such a bullshit story.

I think something needs to be designed that filters out the fake shit with some kind of algorithms that have commonalities with each other.
Getting this back might be good: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairness_Doctrine

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You know the only reason Trump ever threatened that he might have taped his conversations with Comey was because he realized after firing him that Comey might have taped his own conversations with Trump, so he's just pretending he has tapes to be the first to make the "threat". His ego won't let him feel threatened first.

SmokeMaxX

You know the only reason Trump ever threatened that he might have taped his conversations with Comey was because he realized after firing him that Comey might have taped his own conversations with Trump, so he's just pretending he has tapes to be the first to make the "threat". His ego won't let him feel threatened first.

Not that I expect Trump to make any sense, but if he's the only one doing anything illegal, why does it matter WHO has the tapes? It's not a real threat if Comey didn't do anything wrong.

It'd be hilarious if Republicans are just getting Trump to pass as much of their unpopular shit as they can and then getting him to fall on his own sword so they can pin everything negative on him.

Not that I expect Trump to make any sense, but if he's the only one doing anything illegal, why does it matter WHO has the tapes? It's not a real threat if Comey didn't do anything wrong.

It'd be hilarious if Republicans are just getting Trump to pass as much of their unpopular shit as they can and then getting him to fall on his own sword so they can pin everything negative on him.

Wouldn't it have to be repealed once trump is gone otherwize they too will feel the wraith oc their voters.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Because he didn't want to hear the press go "Comey apparently has taped his conversations with Trump! Oooooh!", so he announced HE has tapes. He might not have any, he just anticipated he was going to have a losing hand publicly, so he pretended he had his "opponent"'s hand.

I genuinely hope that doesn't happen. I find it very helpful for the situation to at least hear some of his supporters.
Then we can read it elsewhere. Reddit is a large Mainstream source with a large user base to spread the hate and misinformation to.

cntr

Banned
I genuinely hope that doesn't happen. I find it very helpful for the situation to at least hear some of his supporters.
Getting rid of the Trumps and bigots from a major part of the internet is absolutely necessary, both from reddit's perspective and overall.

Elaborate. I want to know what's keeping these shitheads from unifying but I REALLY don't wanna step into the hornets' nest myself.

You know how The Donald is slyly anti-Semetic? Voat is more openly, violently anti-Semitic. So some of the objection was that the head mod of td, who was banned on Reddit, is a Jew. I don't know if that's true. Another objection is that some of the td people posted in voat's existing Donald sub saying their new sub was the new default Donald sub. Basically, just a territorial pissing match and a "more bigoted than thou" slap fight.

HariKari

Elaborate. I want to know what's keeping these shitheads from unifying but I REALLY don't wanna step into the hornets' nest myself.

Reddit Donald was somehow too mild for Voat Donald. Voat being the place where all the fatpeoplehate and pedophiles ran off to because free speech or some shit.

Game Guru

Oddly enough Fox has been going through some changes because of the loss of:

- Greta
- O'Reilly
- Kelly
- Ailes

Who were all basically the top dogs at actually selling that conservative spin to more than just the hardcore conservatives.

With them gone, Hannity types have basically taken over which means that Fox News has now lost any and all subtlety to its right-wing agenda.

I suspect that at some point though shits gonna hit the fan with fox for few reasons:

1) Their base may be solidifying in its craziness, but it is also shrinking

2) Fox has been starting to actually dip in ratings

3) Going Full-Breitbart will inevitably lead to a loss of advertisers

What's happening to Fox News is that they are reshaping themselves. Trump's win over more conventional Republican candidates means the Republican Party is being remade in his more blatant, extremist image. Trump is exactly who the most loyal Republican voters wanted as President.

m3k

i read through that mueller should resign article on foxnews... i was too curious

basically saying hes friends with comey and in a he said she said situation mueller will be biased towards comey

i had to read and i imagine that its what a fox news watcher will want to hear... i found the american values and justice bit is at risk at the end of the article cute, considering everything done by the president at the moment

Zolo

i read through that mueller should resign article on foxnews... i was too curious

basically saying hes friends with comey and in a he said she said situation mueller will be biased towards comey

i had to read and i imagine that its what a fox news watcher will want to hear... i found the american values and justice bit is at risk at the end of the article cute, considering everything done by the president at the moment

I wonder if they'll publish an article on the obvious conflict-of-interest the FBI director Trump'll propose has.

00ich

Then we can read it elsewhere. Reddit is a large Mainstream source with a large user base to spread the hate and misinformation to.

I don't think this will work in the future. Now spins like the Seth Rich story happen in the open. You have Newsweek calming responding and debunking it. You have the making of the Fox5 story exposed. Impressible people don't get sucked into this microcosm.

Getting rid of the Trumps and bigots from a major part of the internet is absolutely necessary, both from reddit's perspective and overall.

They will not go away. On xChan these cesspools become far more toxic. On reddit they have to play by some rules of common decency and get publicity in return.

cntr

Banned
They will not go away. On xChan these cesspools become far more toxic. On reddit they have to play by some rules of common decency and get publicity in return.
Reddit has actual legit communities and things on it, while 4chan has been known to be a cesspool since forever. They aren't going to change their minds because of the internet, so making them go off to /pol/ and the like is better in the long run.

Advantages are that people aren't going to take 4chan anywhere as seriously as reddit is taken, and you get to preserve all the actual good content that reddit has. Seems like a win/win to me.

Plus, I suspect that most people on 4chan and co are just extremely cynical trolls who hate all politics. If Trump falls, they'll be more than happy to turn around and mock Trump supporters as "traitors" or whatever it takes to piss them off. So again, a win/win too.

Zolo

I still wonder if t_d is kept around because an intelligence community likes to use it to study Russian bots and other information.

MrBadger

That gif is good enough.

It's telling that the official Donald Trump subreddit is more concerned about the Reddit admins than their president. To them, Reddit is a bigger deal than anything Trump's doing.

Tovarisc

I still wonder if t_d is kept around because an intelligence community likes to use it to study Russian bots and other information.

On Reddit you need to do illegal stuff, borderline illegal or go way, way out of your way being garbagio sub-reddit for super mods to intervene and ban you sub-reddit. Even Redpill is good to go still, afaik, where stuff like Jailbait has been banned by supers-mods.

Don't expect EasyD's temple go away.

I don't think this will work in the future. Now spins like the Seth Rich story happen in the open. You have Newsweek calming responding and debunking it. You have the making of the Fox5 story exposed. Impressible people don't get sucked into this microcosm.

This is one of the silver linings I was hoping for in the middle of coming true: they can't do this shit in the dark any more like it needs to be done. The roaches scurry in direct light, and the half-formed plots get shown or nipped in the bud before it reaches the eyes and ears of the gullible.

Mask

Even when Trump goes down, t_d will still be scurrying around, since it was never about Trump specifically, he was just lucky enough to be the exact kind of racist scumbag that all these other racist xenophobic cockroaches worship. Anyone who comes under their definition of "fighting for free speech", they'd rally around since it's never about the person, they just need someone charismatic enough to band behind, and they just got lucky enough this time to have one get into the White House. They want to be able to be racist pieces of shit and that's literally it, they just want an enabler and they don't give a fuck about politics unless it fits their agenda. It's ironic that they always call anything forward-thinking a "liberal sjw agenda", because they themselves are the worst agenda.

At least now, the cockroaches are in the light, and the light burns and their shady shit isn't working anymore.

I disagree. Containing Coontown, FPH and others at Voat worked. I go to Reddit often and follow the alt-right closely and this is the first I've heard of Voat in two years. And what I hear is that it's dying.

Also, everyone is making the mistake of assuming t_d is some kind of sincere grassroots expression of Donald Trump fandom. Nothing could be further than the truth, it's an astroturfed, Russian-influenced political operation.

I disagree. Containing Coontown, FPH and others at Voat worked. I go to Reddit often and follow the alt-right closely and this is the first I've heard of Voat in two years. And what I hear is that it's dying.

Also, everyone is making the mistake of assuming t_d is some kind of sincere grassroots expression of Donald Trump fandom. Nothing could be further than the truth, it's an astroturfed, Russian-influenced political operation.
This is what really interests me.

How many people in Pol, the Dolan, 4chan, his Twitter followers etc...are actually US citizens and how many are accounts operated from a russian troll house or bots.

cntr

Banned
t_d and co. are mixtures of genuine crazy people, trolls, bots, and people paid by Russia to support Trump. It's absolutely going to fall apart if Trump goes down.

Plus, look at Watergate. It was such a major event that we still talk about it 40 years later, to the point where -gate became a thing you could stick onto any word to mean "controversy".

That's peanuts compared to what's going on now. If Trump and the Republican leadership are impeached for collaborating with Russia, his name is going to be synonymous with traitors and idiocy for decades to come, if it doesn't just become a permanent part of the English language.

I have no idea how it'll translate to politics, but everything associated with Trump, from supporters to beliefs, would become universally associated with the "traitor president". It's going to be cultural annihilation.

Top Bottom