• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
So in Odyssey, when you "die", you just lose some coins.

Well that's nice. This game seems way more casual and friendly.

I think I'm gonna enjoy it.
What are the coins used for? Can I use them to pay for prostitutes? And then throw a hat at them to take over their body?

BTA

It sounds like Alex is up to episode 15, which means he has definitely seen some garbage.

It also sounds like he was expecting unwatchable garbage, which has never been the case. It's just not good, but can definitely see people enjoying the Twin Peaks camp factor turned up to 11.

I certainly enjoyed it. Obviously it’s not really the same as what’s prior to it (and it’s clear that things were messy behind the scenes) but I enjoyed the ridiculousness of it and seeing characters who’d never really interacted before actually talking to each other was nice.

James was never cool though

J_Viper

I have some gift card money left and I'm considering buying AC: Origins with it.

I'LL BE SWIMMING IN GAMES BY NOVEMBER.

Origins will hopefully be a cool game, but I guarantee it'll be half price in a few months time

Spend your money on a game that actually retains its value like

robotrock

Banned
I'm fairly excited for Assassin's Creed Origins. I don't think I'll pick it up till November sales time because I have too much to play right now, but the setting is cool and I think the year off should be good for the series.

I haven't really played an AC game since 4, which was great. Spent an hour in Unity and had to dump it, and I spent an hour in Syndicate but just became uninterested.

robotrock

Banned
60 dollars for an 8 hour single player campaign from a company who's games collapse in price hmmm

Don't get me wrong, Wolf 2 looks awesome, but if I hadn't already got a great deal on the PC version, I'd have waited till next year

The first game was 12 hours it'll be fiiiiiiiiine

Speaking of Wolfenstein people should listen to this Friday's Waypoint Radio. It's essentially an interview with Manveer Heir who worked on the 2009 version along with working on Bioware and Activision products. It's really good.

TheChits

Speaking of Wolfenstein people should listen to this Friday's Waypoint Radio. It's essentially an interview with Manveer Heir who worked on the 2009 version along with working on Bioware and Activision products. It's really good.

The 2009 Wolfenstein game is so overlooked. Really loved my time with it

mhanna49

Neo Member
Twin Peaks the return is 100 times worse than season 2.

unknown.png

if you guys want a good horror show

American Horror Story season 6 is pretttttty damn good and creepy. It's like...Re7...in the woods...at a house.

The 2009 Wolfenstein game is so overlooked. Really loved my time with it

2009 was a really fab title (and it sucks that it was the end of Raven because SoF2 and the X-Men titles were some of my favourite game over the time). Wolfenstein isn't the focus but the interview's about general industry stuff plus minority stuff, it's really good because Manveer gets the most airtime and he talks about the culture of the industry as a guy who worked with major devs/publishers for a long time who now has the security of working as an independent.

if you guys want a good horror show

American Horror Story season 6 is pretttttty damn good and creepy. It's like...Re7...in the woods...at a house.

How does it compare to 5? I though the fist half of the season was okay, the second half was really good, then the ending was terrible.

How does it compare to 5? I though the fist half of the season was okay, the second half was really good, then the ending was terrible.

So far it's pretty good. It's a singular storyline compared to previous seasons which have like, 5 different storylines running at once, and the presentation for it is enticing. (I'm 4 episodes in)

Also it has Kathy Bates, she's fucking amazing. My favorite actress.

Also Lady Gaga is in it again, but she's prettttttyyyyyy good.

Lunar FC

I remember everybody saying the sound mixing in wolfie was bad but I never really noticed while playing in years ago. In replaying now it's honestly shockingly poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom