• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony UK Tweets about GTA V on PS4.

amnesiac

Because that's usually their remit.

The "SONY UK" twitter people don't really know a lot about the secret PlayStation stuff. There is a reason why they don't really post much about the PlayStation hardware.
But imagine if the official PlayStation Twitter account did the retweet.
Then.... it would be interesting.

Updating social media is quite common for an intern.

Wow, didn't know that.

Why are we grasping at straws here? The people who run these twitter accounts are about the equivalent of calling a call center for help. I don't think their twitter PR rep is going to have some sort of secret knowledge to these types of things.

if they announce it a few weeks after launch il be pissed off! but personally i think only GTA online will be going to next gen, not the whole game, with dlc for single player being released on next gen as a stand alone package.

Edit - Rockstar saying they do not have a comment makes me wonder if they actually are doning a next gen version as surley they would just deny it otherwise
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...er&utm_content=buffer248b4&utm_medium=twitter

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Guys wasn't it mentioned that R* had a big announcement coming this next week or so?

Could it be an announcement on next gen and PC or was it to do with the official trailer coming.

admartian

lol the guy in charge of that Twitter account probably doesn't know too much about videogames and just assumed GTA V was coming to PS4. Either that or he made a typo.
By the way, they retweet everything, so the fact that they retweeted that other tweet means nothing.

This is the most likely scenario.

Let's not get carried away guys, as much as we want a nextgen GTAV.

Amir0x

Banned
Welcome back, dude! :)

Thanks. Good to be back, Gamescom was crazy time on GAF again. It was engaging reading to be sure lol

If Take2 are smart, they'll keep mum on a next-gen version right up until the moment they release it. They'll be able to hit their sales forecasts and then some, after the inevitable double-dippings.

I predict some sort of Ultimate Edition, containing all the DLC, dropping in the new year on next-gen systems.

I mean that's what I would do if I was them, but as a gamer, it sucks... because I know it's coming down the line, but I really want to play GTAV. That said, because PS4 is around the corner, I may actually just hold off. I think I can be patient considering the wealth of gaming shit coming our way. We'll see how my resolve holds if some NeoGAFers I trust start singing its praises :p

haha, ah the ol' "no comment". PR should just start writing the word *wink* after such a statement :p

Edit: Oh wait, now they said it's a typo. Still, it's coming. We all know it, Rockstar!

I wish they'd confirm it because, legitimately, I would cancel my PS3 pre-order and immediately move it to PS4.

I know that's probably why they won't confirm it but, still, I'm not going to double dip it so they're only getting one sale from me anyway.

... exclusive to Playstation 4.

HERE COMES THAT ASS STORM. End of the trailer won't be Xbox One as I joked earlier, it's going to be PS4.

R.I.P Xbox 2001 - 2013

#TruthFact

Raptomex

Why do people assume GTA is coming to next gen consoles? Other than Bully what other Rockstar game has made the crossover? Going by tradition there's no doubt we'll get a PC version later down the line. Announcing any port now would just be bad for business. They'll lose so much money. Rockstar is very tight lipped. When they want us to know something they'll tell us.

Hindle

Banned
If the game does go next gen then I'd expect they'd do an actual next gen version, not just a port. This will take time so I wouldn't expect the next gen version before Christmas next year.

I don't really care if it comes out on next gen or not, but what I would like is a way to play the PS3 version on my PS4. Like downloadable with Genkai or something. Just so I don't need to keep my PS3 plugged in and hooked up to play it

UrbanRats

iwnMUIqrYHRH0.gif

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
More than likely a typo.

I've typed PS4 when trying to type PS3 many times. Mostly because 3 and 4 are right next to each other on the keyboard. I wouldn't look too deeply into it, although I imagine a PS4 GTAV will be coming at some point in the future, just not this calendar year.

Saty

Unless Rockstar\T2 insist on saying so, i really don't think double-dipping is the reason for staggered releases. Mainly because what we have no idea how big of a 'phenomena' it really is generally and specifically with past GTA games. If it weren't for GAF i wouldn't think double-dipping is anything to consider and with due respect to the forum's size i don't think double-dipping is worth considering with games at this scale.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
could we see the PS4 & X1 logos pop up at the end of thursdays trailer? hmmmm

If those versions aren't coming out at launch then there is zero reason to pretend like they even exist.

PC version gives credence to the notion of a next gen version as well, its the main reason I don't think you'll see this any time soon either.

LAA

I'd be suprised if it doesn come to PS4/X1 really.

Disappointed in R*'s attitude in a way really.
Are they that money hungry they want people to buy the game twice?
...What am I saying, of course they are, but I would hope they wouldnt need to resort to this to get sales.
It seems many here want it on PS4/X1 here, same for me really.

Not only that, but this is a nitpick really...
Why do they wait to the near end of release to actually show gameplay?
It comes across as either not being confident the gameplay will inspire people to buy their game (Not likely), or that they're pretty smug enough to not feel the need to show anything till the end.

I notice only the likes of COD/R* games do this...

UnrealEck

Absolute travesty. Rockstar should release the game on PC right away now so we can all migrate our pre-orders over.

MMaRsu

Banned
Absolute travesty. Rockstar should release the game on PC right away now so we can all migrate our pre-orders over.

Riiight... I'll just quote FamousMortimer for people who don't know how R* and Take2 does business.

Of course there's been no indication.

There are a few current gen games that will be on next gen systems as well but they won't be announced while they still have legs at retail and are still making/selling DLC. 2k isn't stupid, they know Rockstar is their cash cow and they are milking it as hard as they can.

It works like this... you announce it for consoles. You don't mention the PC version. You don't mention next gen consoles. Everyone asks you about them and you don't say anything. People who really, really want it on the PC but have a console resign themselves to the fact that they are going to get it on a console. They buy it on a console. The console version goes on and sells a ton over the course of the next year. At some point during that you announce the PC version. PC players are pissed but they buy it anyway because it will look 9000x as good as the ps360 version. So not only are you bringing in the pc gamers but you are starting to get double dips. And lastly you announce the next gen versions for fall next year... when there will be 20+ million next gen systems around so there is an install base and, of course, many of those will be repeat buyers as well.

If they announce a next gen version right now many of you wouldn't buy the current version. They don't want that. If they released the next gen version at launch... the install base would be too small to support it properly.

There's a nice way to do things and then there's the way to make the most money. I think you know what they are choosing.

MercuryLS

Banned
Imagine how good this game would look on ps4. 1080p, 60fps, high quality AA, no drawn in / pop in, higher res textures, better lighting.

Fuck me.

It's coming to PS4/XBONE for sure, probably same time as PC version....

..but no way is Take2 gonna announce that until they've mopped up as much PS3/360 sales as possible. It makes no sense to say anything about the next gen version until those consoles are at least out.

Top Bottom