• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Xbox One reversals haven't hurt us; "we're in an enviable position"

That said, we want to offer consumers choice

Ha...hahaha...

We've always been very committed to consumer choice

...Hahahahahahahahahaha.

We remain true to our vision - digitally and physically - and we are genuinely in an enviable position versus anyone else in being able to deliver that. I wouldn't trade places with anybody

joker-laughing1.jpg

Gamerloid

Enviable position? Obviously he's going to say that, but realistically that's the PS4 which has been only receiving positive news.

46w500

Banned
First of all, can people stop referring to Neogaf as a single entity with singular thought?

You are on Neogaf. You are defending Microsoft. Therefore Neogaf is not anti-Microsoft because you are a part of Neogaf.
NeoGAF is predominately pro-PS4. I don't think I am going that far out on a limb. So, it's easier to simply say "NeoGAF" as a collective, with the understanding that we are all in the pro-PS4 camp. How would I better communicate this?

b0bbyJ03

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but i was personally turned off to MS as a company and decided to not support them after what they tried to pull. I own a 360 but will not own an X1 (unless there is a major, major must have title... i am a game junkie after all)

hwy_61

Banned
NeoGAF is predominately pro-PS4. I don't think I am going that far out on a limb. So, it's easier to simply say "NeoGAF" as a collective, with the understanding that we are all in the pro-PS4 camp. How would I better communicate this?

This is not going to get you anywhere, dude.

So just stop this shit right now.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I wonder why

BigDug13

It's better to not communicate that at all. Better to just ask the question what can Microsoft do to appease the haters.

What can Microsoft do for me personally? They have to come out with the most powerful console of the generation for the lowest price and provide a wealth of first party exclusives from a wide range of genres. Then provide greater value in the non-paywall system with media apps for free.

Meier

I don't necessarily disagree. I was 100% out when it lacked used games but I'm fully back in once they reversed course on that. They need to get the price level with the PS4 though -- that is going to prevent me from buying one for some time.

Dudebros are still going to prefer the Xbone to the PS4. They have a very dedicated fanbase in the US.

Concept17

By not generalizing. It never makes for a good argument, so don't do it. Sony has a lot of well-earned momentum right now, while MS really screwed themselves around E3. Its deserved.

And don't anymore?

How many people do you know that bought kinect 1 are

1. Happy with it?
2. Use it regularly?
3. Still have it and/or have it connected to their tv right now?

Honestly kinect would do better if there was no kinect 1 and they had somehow still gotten to kinect 2 tech

Sure some people were happy with it in dance and the sports game but that's about it

Everything MS say seems to suggest they will be bringing back all their bullshit digital practices in the future. They've changed their policies to appease people in the short term, but I think they're going to wait for the 'right' time to reintroduce it and implement the Family Sharing thing to try and soften the hate.

Raist

Banned
We've always been very committed to consumer choice.

There's not enough lol.gifs in the world.

"As a business, the minute we don't listen to our customers attentively, and adapt and react in an appropriate way, then we would be in a dangerous place,"

"Minute"?

Foxix Von

Yeah you are right, both MS and Sony want their next consoles to perform like the WiiU.

Huh?
Maybe it's because I'm terribly sick at the moment but I don't understand this post. I was just trying to indicate that really the only person or entity that would be enviable of the position they are in would be Nintendo, especially since that company is in dire need of some policy changes as well. That and they could seriously use a level of interest in their console hardware that comes anywhere near to rivaling that of the Xbone

hwy_61

Banned
Lots chosen no as well, why am i being forced an item i dont want when millions of others also chose not to buy it.

You're "forced" to buy the item, because MS wants to guarantee an install base. They guarantee the install base, devs will make cool shit.

x-Lundz-x

Wow, so MS is all about consumer choice? Awesome, so they mind letting me know where I can make the choice to buy their console without a forced camera pack in I don't care about.

That's the choice I would like to be able to make.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
First of all, can people stop referring to Neogaf as a single entity with singular thought?

You are on Neogaf. You are defending Microsoft. Therefore Neogaf is not anti-Microsoft because you are a part of Neogaf.

What can Microsoft do for me personally? They have to come out with the most powerful console of the generation for the lowest price and provide a wealth of first party exclusives from a wide range of genres. Then provide greater value in the non-paywall system with media apps for free.

What a ridiculous thing to say, only one console can possibly be the most powerful per generation. You also keep going on about these media apps all the time, I assume you don't play online games but want to watch Netflix?

Not that it matters because you will only ever buy one console per generation and it will be the PS4 this time round.

The Flash

Banned

I am part of NeoGAF and I am neither pro-PS4 or anti-PS4. I am simply a gamer who primarily plays on Xbox and sometimes on PC. Generalizations don't work for both sides.

It's better to not communicate that at all. Better to just ask the question what can Microsoft do to appease the haters.

So trade places with the PS4? Lol

Honestly, besides online checks, most of the stuff didn't seem that bad. But I didn't like the limitations they put on me as a consumer. I know it will happen eventually, but I'm willing to wait until I'm forced.

Why will it happen eventually? Just because MS wanted to turn retail games into software that you license doesn't mean it's going to happen. The fact they were forced to turn around on that proves the market won't put up with that shit.

Vizzeh

Banned

Personally I would re-quote that... GAMERS are pro-PS4 - that indication is made by ALOT of previous MS dudes picking the apparent superior console next gen, PS4. :)

46w500

Banned
This is not going to get you anywhere, dude.

So just stop this shit right now.
Stop what? Help me understand. I'm new to the site.

I'm trying to create a dialogue as to what MicroSoft needs to do to win consumer support (is that better?).

I have my PS4 preordered on Amazon. It's clear Sony is playing their cards right. Just objectively looking at MicroSoft as a corporation, they are doing what you would expect any big business to do when faced with overwhelming negativity. You can substitute "MicroSoft" with "Proector&Gamble" or any other corporate entity and they're following the marketing playbook. Which, again, is what I, as a consumer, would hope for.

BigDug13

I guess I don't understand their PR.

On one hand, you have someone admit that they didnt treat their Xbox fans right and goes on an apology tour.

On the other hand, you have someone come out and say Microsoft was completely committed to their fans from the start and that they're in an enviable position.

So which is it? Are they apologetic or are they completely satisfied with their whole plan from day 1?

Sigh.

I know part of MS's strategy is to be constantly present in the media-space, but they need to stop talking about their policies and stuff. Talk about games, don't talk policies.

When you say stuff like the indie policy was long planned, and yet the roundtable with dev happens a few months before launch, and when Minecraft/Below are not self-published, your actions betray your transparent lies.

When you say shit like this enviable craziness, when both Nintendo and Sony has long been offering physical/digital in this current gen just as you did, you're just spewing lies. There's nothing about your current physical/digital approach that's different from what the competitors are offering.

Giggzy

I understand that the general consensus is that Microsoft can do no good going into this upcoming generation, but, really, they've done everything you would want a corporation to do when faced with consumer backlash. They've listened, they've made changes, and they're ensuring to communicate that this is how they are going to operate moving forward.

So, what would MicroSoft have to do, beyond what they're doing now, to appease NeoGAF?

Nothing. The majority of this board is on the Sony train. Microsoft has and are continuing to correct their mistakes, but it'll take awhile for the hardcore to come back around. I can't say I blame the naysayers, but I thinks it's becoming a tad too much.

Top Bottom