• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Deals Thread of Why You Don't Preorder

Noshino

so went to:

Target - They still had the $1 reserve promo going on, but only for the WiFi model (apparently some Targets aren't even going to get the 3G). As for games, I had to ask someone that actually gave a shit, anyway, he checked the system and apparently at that Target they ll start selling the games on the 21st.

Gamestop - Clueless, no promos.

Best Buy - Their main promo is the trade in credit that Im not really interested in. They said they would also pricematch Target's deal, BUT apparently according to them all Vita games are getting a 10% discount on PSN, so I might actually end up going full DD. :D

so went to:

Best Buy - Their main promo is the trade in credit that Im not really interested in. They said they would also pricematch Target's deal, BUT apparently according to them all Vita games are getting a 10% discount on PSN, so I might actually end up going full DD. :D

Why? How is 10% better than 33%?

Eusis

Yeah, I'm not confident a swift price drop will happen despite the 3DS. The 3DS had a neat gimmick and a strong reception, so Nintendo went "hey, we could try selling this for $250!", whereas the Vita had $250 as the aim and was built to be as cutting edge as it could be for that price. More likely we'd see bundles like the 3G one, or the 3G getting a price drop but not the Vita itself.

Of course, there probably WILL be some fantastic price drops on launch software, and if you wanted any of that seriously that'd be almost as good as a console price drop in the end.

Raine

Think Target will price match the Toys R Us $40 Uncharted? If so, it'd be wonderful to pick that up for $20 (after the gift card). Or, better yet, if they'd somehow allow for the B2G1 with the price matched Uncharted, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Yeah this would be the best (least expensive) situation for me in order to get my 3 games of Uncharted, Wipeout, Virtua Tennis (Have a feeling Target won't have that last one though).

Noshino

If that's true, why would the 10% make any difference then?

I was thinking of going full DD, only reason I was going to get some retail games was because of the big discounts. A 23% discount (10 bucks at most) is a lot easier to pass for the convenience to have the games available on the system at any time.

Went to best buy. Traded in some things. Bought Lumines, Wipeout and an 8gb stick. Still have $36 on a gift card. Between those 2 and super stardust delta, I think I will be busy until disgaea 3 comes out.

Debating if I want to pick up 2 more games for the vita or go with my original plan and purchase a 3DS w/ a game or 2.

Super excited.

Kiyo

Went to ToysRUs, they didn't have anything except a few crappy games in and told me they weren't getting any more shipments in until Friday. No starter kit, no Uncharted.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wow, my Target didn't have any Vita games out today.

Gonna try my luck early on Wednesday.
That's what I may do.

Wow. Went into target today for the deal.

Came out like this:

I don't know how this happened.
You're one of them sons of bitches. Bless your oily hide :p

Haha, I would have grinned like an idiot

geboblwf5z.jpg

Just wait until you have a job and then when you get one treat yourself with vita.

Yeah I am :(

I went to two targets with friends who wanted to get that deal and they both had no games or systems at all. They weren't even sure what system I was talking about one of the managers tried being clever by pointing out the PSP section...but yeah anyways we headed to best buy and frys to see if they would match but no luck.

demigod

Don't count on Amazon price matching this, they were shit during black friday and the holidays.

Anyways I got the 3G bundle for $252 from Lockerz.com, will probably get the 3 games from Target. Maybe Uncharted, Shinobido 2 and Lumines or Ninja Gaiden.

Can't believe I missed out on the $40 32GB card on Buy.com/TigerDirect.

shoplifter

Anyone tried to do the tradein deal at Best Buy to pay for the Vita itself? It says it's good for that on the website, who knows if the store will honor it since I don't think it said that in the circular - it even says 'in store only' there.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Don't count on Amazon price matching this, they were shit during black friday and the holidays.

Anyways I got the 3G bundle for $252 from Lockerz.com, will probably get the 3 games from Target. Maybe Uncharted, Shinobido 2 and Lumines or Ninja Gaiden.

Can't believe I missed out on the $40 32GB card on Buy.com/TigerDirect.

You didn't miss out. No one's getting a memory card from that.

bringing my glitter silver psp with me to see if i can trade it in for $75 at best buy. if not. just going to Target for some B2G1 free deal.

So I guess I got lucky with getting this deal so early and Uncharted as my free game. I thought about price matching at Best Buy, but a manager told me that they wouldn't do it and I didn't want to go through the hassle.

djblue89

Target is having a buy two get one free deal and I would like to use it but I live in Canada. If anyone would be willing to pick up the games and ship them I will pay with paypal right away. Please PM me

Ken

Added. Damn it, they aren't doing all titles. It's really screwing up with how I take advantage of this deal....

No Katamari or Virtua Tennis either.

Aside from UC and Rayman, I'm not really interested in any of the other titles/I already have them.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Damn, another 2for1 sale?

Already have Uncharted, Blazblue, and MvC.

I was going to buy Lumines and Rayman digital, but might as well take advantage of this deal.

Can't decide on a third game. Is HSG worthwhile? Never played it before and don't have a Vita to try the demo.

Alright GAF help me figure out how to get the best deal.

I'm definitely getting Marvel vs Capcom, Lumines, and Virtua Tennis. I'll probably get either Katamari or Rayman in addition. I'm willing to get both of those if it somehow works in the deal but can be flexible since Target and Amazon are based on three game purchases while Toys R Us is based on two game purchases.

Amazon doesn't offer Virtua Tennis or Katamari
Target doesn't have Virtua Tennis in stock now, and not known if it will be by Wednesday. They also don't stock Rayman.
Toys R Us has Uncharted for $39.99 which is $10 cheaper than everyone else.

So can anyone help me figure out which games I should get where?

I already purchased wipeout from amazon last week. I wonder if they would honor the deal and let me get two more?

The problem is none of these really interest me much. I already have Rayman Origins, UC looks boring, and UMvC could be interesting but I'm terrible at fighters.

.hacked

Hope Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus and Dynasty Warriors NEXT get added to the amazon deal, I'll take those and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
How dependable is Lockerz?

I ordered the 32GB from for $74.99, but I'm wondering if they're legit enough to cancel my amazon order of the 3G Launch bundle and take theirs for fifty dollars less.

I really don't want to be screwed over, especially on system itself.

How dependable is Lockerz?

I ordered the 32GB from for $74.99, but I'm wondering if their legit enough to cancel my amazon order of the 3G Launch bundle and take theirs for fifty dollars less.

I really don't want to be screwed over, especially on system itself.

my friend ordered the launch bundle from there. waiting for them to ship. we'll see.

i canceled my order from there. i assume if i can get the $75 trade in at best buy it should cover the launch bundle if there is any there. it should come out to the same price, with tax and all, as lockerz has it.

Welp, I think that settles it for me. Just ordered Uncharted, Lumines and Rayman from Amazon. Now hoping Target gets Virtua Tennis in stock and I'll get Virtua Tennis, Marvel vs Capcom and Katamari from them. I'm done till MLB =)

Also all deals and links are updated in the OP now.

Top Bottom