• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Oda actually had a pretty clear plan for the crew going way, way back, so this assertion is actually false. The first nine, at least, were planned for a long time.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...ly_Crew.png/revision/latest?cb=20150404102407

Here you can see everyone but Robin in some form. She was a tiny little pixie-dude with a hammer instead.

No, no that's not what I mean.

Obviously, Oda had a plan. What I am questioning is the implementation of that plan when it comes to Luffy's character. Oda may be meticulous in his plotting, but Luffy is frivolous in his decision making. Which is why there is a disconnect between the discussion going on for who would be the next crew member as part of the story (because Oda set clear patterns on what is going to happen, like each member needs to fulfill some job) and why Luffy invites people (because he just likes them)

NSESN

Awesome chapter, Luffy drinking milk to recover his teeth, Gastino, the stupid theory that BM isn't bad shut down.
About Carrot, I am willing to bet that she doesn't join, just need someone to make a fair rule about the bet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gastino's title card had me rolling.

This chapter is going to be incredible when the anime gets here, it's already among my favorite of all time.

It's true roles aren't fully needed (Usopp & Zoro)

If we're matching the whole crew with real pirate roles, then both of these two have jobs (cannon/gunner and first mate, respectively).

I'm not yet convinced, but Luffy does need a cabin boy/girl as his tenth member to match Buggy/Shanks for Roger's crew. You also want this member to be who carries on the tales of the Straw Hats in like 40 years.

smurfx

get some go again
What are people expecting out of the climax and ending of this arc, anyhow, I want to see some thoughts.
i'm not sure big mom is going to get killed but i think her and her crew might suffer too much damage and leave herself open to be taken out by blackbeard or possibly the navy. we have yet to see the new marine admiral and everytime one shows up they end up doing big things so why not take down an emperor. would be interesting if blackbeard takes down another emperor in a weakened state and possibly does the same with shanks. if luffy doesn't take big mom down here then he will likely only ever take down kaido and later on blackbeard. luffy takes down emperors at their strongest and blackbeard at their weakest.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If we're matching the whole crew with real pirate roles, then both of these two have jobs (cannon/gunner and first mate, respectively).

I'm not yet convinced, but Luffy does need a cabin boy/girl as his tenth member to match Buggy/Shanks for Roger's crew. You also want this member to be who carries on the tales of the Straw Hats in like 40 years.

Princess Shirahoshi.

smurfx

get some go again
I still think she could join but now that I think about it she and Luffy have barely spoke to each other this entire arc.
carrot might end up joining a pirate crew but it won't be the strawhats. this trip might end up reigniting pedro's pirating dream and pekoms might be a free agent when this arc is done. once wano is over there might be a new mink pirate crew and of course the will join luffy's alliance.

momonosuke might become a guest crew member once the strawhats try to reach raftel. he never learned what his father learned so what better way than seeing with his own eyes. cant believe so many people want carrot to join. she might seriously be the most boring strawhat candidate ever.

Ray Down

Banned

Roger crew don't equal the Straw Hats though, yes their are some parallel (mainly Luffy and Roger)but they aren't the same.

Luffy will surpass Roger & company and chnage this world.

Usopp will just be that, he will be the commander Mcbragg

Ray Down

Banned
All I know is if she does join the salt will be glorious

CdRg08A.png

Get ready to wear this.

Can someone find the post with our deal, can't remember if it was about Carrot join at all or at the end of this arc.

Ray Down

Banned
I would look now but my stupid ignore list experiment crashed my excel I'm trying to fix.

Welp I think I got over 2000+ people on ignore....

Ray Down

Banned
Ponders who it could be. Does it have anything to do with ffxv

Nah, my experiment was to see how many I have.

Though I will admit 90% plus are due to just my inanity of not wanting to see really cringe posts and just ignoring them, lol.

Though Squire I don't care for because half her/his post comes across like someone who's head is so far up their own ass.

Veelk

Banned
If Carrot doesn't join, she should just set out on her own to gather her own Pirate crew. Be Luffy's cooler half in full and find her own swordsmen and fighters and strippers with tertiary pirate skills and so on.

Roger crew don't equal the Straw Hats though, yes their are some parallel (mainly Luffy and Roger)but they aren't the same.

Luffy will surpass Roger & company and chnage this world.

Usopp will just be that, he will be the commander Mcbragg

Sure, probably don't need to make sure Roger had a musician to match, but I suspect Luffy ends up with a young crew member who becomes the Next Generation decades after Luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom