• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

NeonZ

Piccolo is just SSJ1 level my ass. If anything he's at 2 or 3. Why all the downplay of Piccolo?

Piccolo was above SSJ2 level in the training episode where Gohan regained Ultimate, but in these last few episodes he seemed to be at best on par with Base Gohan, possibly weaker. He lost a lot of energy due to the sniper, but they haven't referenced that after the episode, so it seems to be just an inconsistency. It's hard to tell where's supposed to be.

Would it be better to just watch the 2 movies and skip those episodes of Super?

To be fairly honest with you they did mess with the power levels in the anime as compared to the movies so my best bet would be watching the anime with having a basket next to you specifically for puking when you see the animation and watching the movies once you guys catch up to the current epi. You'll know what im talking about once you follow this.

cm osi

Piccolo was above SSJ2 level in the training episode where Gohan regained Ultimate, but in these last few episodes he seemed to be at best on par with Base Gohan, possibly weaker. He lost a lot of energy due to the sniper, but they haven't referenced that after the episode, so it seems to be just an inconsistency. It's hard to tell where's supposed to be.

no one knows. piccolo had trouble against frost, and goku told him he probably couldn't defeat him.

Why is anyone still talking about power levels? Mutenroshi was fighting on par with the strongest fighters of all the universes - end of debate.

That said, I'm also a depressed Gohan-fan who still harbors hopes of him getting the spotlight at some point. :(

tkscz

no one knows. piccolo had trouble against frost, and goku told him he probably couldn't defeat him.

yeah, but frost cheated and used a drug on Piccolo. It's hard to tell where he is in terms of power. So far at most we've seen him train toe to toe with ultimate Gohan. In fact, SSJ2 Gohan was weaker than Piccolo at that time and he had to push Gohan to regaining his Ultimate form. But with Gohan still having dodging issues, he's taking some bad hits and used a lot of stamina growing his arm back and healing from the sniper.

NeonZ

Why is anyone still talking about power levels? Mutenroshi was fighting on par with the strongest fighters of all the universes - end of debate.

He was much stronger than one would expect him to be, but when he attempted to go melee against Frost he still got beaten down.

pants

Gohan being of any importance isn't ever gonna happen. Give it up like the rest of us Gohan-fans :(

Gohan is going to invent a new cross dimensional body switching technique and switch with Yamcha who will single fistedly wolf fang fist his way to unanimous victory.

These two seem contradictory. Like I said, I find Jiren easier to swallow /because/ he was introduced as the strongest in the competing universes, so it's like, yeah, he's going to be strong as shit and should be toweringly above Goku and co. He's a further trained Goku-like grower who maybe had more time to reach his GoD. The u6 kids, as you said, are more troublesome to swallow because of their initial showings.

Not contradictory at all, going on two different extremes aren't the only options. Part of what I was excited about opening up different universes would be finding people who did in fact "grow up" like the DBZ gang but with different stories. At the very least the U6 Saiyan's did that... but compact into a nonsensical timeframe because that's all the Super ever does. If they introduced characters of the different universes around the gang's level to begin with then then power boosts they achieve within the arc would've been more widely acceptable, rather going from Base to Ultra Instinct-tier in a 24-hour period.

And we seriously have nothing at all to suggest Jiren's a "Goku-like grower" since the show has yet to show anything at all about him nor have we seen anything in his universe that would push Jiren to grow into what he is. Maybe my thoughts on him will change if we get a Jiren backstory but so far he's nothing but an effigy of bullshit and that's the show's fault. Additionally, the context of a Battle Royal just isn't well suited to a main antagonist like Jiren. This was supposed to be an arc of 80 characters going at it but Jiren's existence completely overshadows them and makes everything else feel worthless. Jiren absolutely could have been handled well, as the immensely powerful being he is, if this was a different kind of plot that centered on him, but as things are Jiren doesn't even make much sense in the realm of his own universe let alone among the full set.

cm osi

i was prepared for a filler episode and instead i got a very nice one. sure the power of love and the girls are cheesy but the 17-18 cooperation was very good, i want more of that kind of fight.
next episode we finally go to planet namek, about time

Thank god Briane is done with. And she at least learned a lesson about love from it.

Next episode title acts like another universe might get dropped, which would be fine.

And have I now heard in this and the last couple of episodes that these have been taking up 2 minutes of time instead of just one? They seem to have moved the time frames up a bit, thankfully.

Atrus

Gold Member
Universe 2 and 6 are pretty much done. It's hard to believe any of these remaining fighters are a problem.Universe 4 is down to 3 but they might pull a fast one with their hidden fighters or Shantsa. The robot universe probably has the megabot as the end game so we might get a few episodes with only them before they bow out.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Glad other people getting screen time.
Definitely one of DBS's pros.

Piccolo is just SSJ1 level my ass. If anything he's at 2 or 3. Why all the downplay of Piccolo?

My guess is his and Gohan's fight style doesn't fit with the general audience. Meanwhile we've already seen Ki blasts and fights spanning more than 2 minutes from Goku, Kefla etc.

kunonabi

Missing kefla already.

With the saiyan ladies and ribrianne out im not expecting much excitement going forward unless they seriously start working gohan into things. Freiza, Goku, Jiren, and Vegeta all bore the hell out of me and none of the other fighters have shown enough to really take them seriously at this point.

Im sure there will be some surprise or event unrelated to Jiren so we just have to hope whatever it is actually delivers.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Not contradictory at all, going on two different extremes aren't the only options. Part of what I was excited about opening up different universes would be finding people who did in fact "grow up" like the DBZ gang but with different stories. At the very least the U6 Saiyan's did that... but compact into a nonsensical timeframe because that's all the Super ever does. If they introduced characters of the different universes around the gang's level to begin with then then power boosts they achieve within the arc would've been more widely acceptable, rather going from Base to Ultra Instinct-tier in a 24-hour period.

I don't think it's that absurd. In that U7 vs U6 tournament, Vegeta said that Cabba was as strong as him in base form. That's after Vegeta doing crazy training with Whis and attaining Blue.

Calufla was stronger than Cabba to start, so they were in a better position to power up than Goku was the first time he did etc.

pants

Nice image made by a redditor - Spoilers

0NttuZN.jpg

Mrcapcom

Just got here haven't read other theories but I had one. What if Piccolo somehow learned how to force fuse with the last two Namikian guys from U6 thus technically keeping U6 from being destroyed as long as Piccolo stays alive. And he gets a huge power boost from this...

Even if
U2 were to get erased, what chance could two nobody Namekians have in the ToP?
Power up Piccolo

Dunki

Damn Universe 7 eliminated almost everyone. But yeah soon Universe 7 will lose quite a few fighters IMO

Freeza, Goku and Gohan will be probably the last 3 of Universe 7

Just got here haven't read other theories but I had one. What if Piccolo somehow learned how to force fuse with the last two Namikian guys from U6 thus technically keeping U6 from being destroyed as long as Piccolo stays alive. And he gets a huge power boost from this...

Power up Piccolo

Plot twist what if that just get piccolo erased along with that universe.

KOMANI

KOMANI
for a moment, i thought that they would fuse with piccolo. thus making the power gap even smaller between piccolo and the rest of the cast.

Atrus

Gold Member
Plenty of interesting surprises in this episode that made U2 and U6's fighters more interesting. Next episode is also an interesting one as it will reveal U4's mystery. Quietla has been way too confident for a Universe with no knockouts to their name (I think).

Decent episode now if only Toei had taken Goku's dick out of their mouth and made the Androids be the ones to overcome that love black hole thing

ajim

Great ep. I actually felt sad for U6. That sucked.
Yeha me too. I actually felt for universe 2 and everyone there even tho they were annoying.

The gravity of what they're fighting for really hit when they showed the TV of everyone in their universe cheering on and clinging to survival.

Absolutely insane.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Lots of good stuff this ep.
Favourite has to be vados' gag though, nice to see her bow to champa in the end though; so far I think we've only seen cus be visibly sad.

HarryKS

San Goku is a poor character. An annoying one. Not as bad as the other minnows, but they're not doing him any favours.

Sad :(

It really felt like the villains won this time. Not that Goku hasn't been the villain since the beginning of the tournament!

Vegeta next week. I want to see him master ultra instinct before Goku. Then Ultra Instinct-potara fusion and they've won.

longdi

Banned
This arc shows how villainous our DBZ heroes are.

Goku brought forward the apocalypse, dont give a shit about resurrecting the erased Universes, showed no remorse in Buu'ing a few universes. Gohan straight up wants to kill off the whole namekian race!

No better than Freeza or Cell.

Only Vegeta showed some humanity. Even Freeza is keeping his hands clean so far.

redfox088

Banned
I’m starting to get the feeling the angels plan to revolt against Zeno....Vados’s comment on how she won’t be replaced sounded really condescending. Zeno dying due to a coupe by the grand priest would be the perfect final arc for Supe.

Top Bottom