• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Wrinkle in Time Trailer

BANGS

Banned
I remember loving this book, but I was in like 6th grade and I only read it that one time... That was like 20 years ago lmfao but I still remember alot about it...

Didn't it go under another name, the tesseract, or something like that?

Anyway, movie looks interesting, but I'm sure it will disappoint. I Should read the book again...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looks good, some cool effects going on here.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Why not? Don't like the cast or the director or what? As a fan it looked pretty good to me.

Don't like the cast nor the director. This is pass for me.

Never heard of or read the book, but saw the trailer and must say, out of all the 500 adolescent teen saving a supernatural world previews I’ve seen these last few years, this one seems the most interesting to me.

Wonder if Oprah will make it her book of the month?
Regardless, I may actually go see this one.

Grinchy

Banned
Mindy Kaling and Oprah?

I guess if someone pays me to watch this movie, I....will ask for more money. If they agree, then I'll watch it.

Looks like it could be passable as a movie. If I didn't take into account that A Wrinkle in Time was one of my favorite books as a kid and this looks like a bad adaptation, I might watch it.

Watching the trailer again: nah...nah.

DiscoJer

Mindy Kaling and Oprah?

I guess if someone pays me to watch this movie, I....will ask for more money. If they agree, then I'll watch it.

At least it's not Tyler Perry's A Wrinkle in Time

Though I'm sure Madea will go time traveling eventually.

Elwainen

i read the book years ago pretty sure its still on the shelf at my parents house. the movie looks visually kinda odd to me though. ill see what reviews say

Demigod Mac

Don't like the visual style they went with (imagined the book very differently, much darker, more serious and kind of unsettling) - but the director and screenwriter have excellent track records. So we'll see.

Catphish

Just watched this with my daughter. We both loved it. So much substance, wisdom, and truth in this film. I never read the book, but we both might now.

Love is the frequency, indeed.

Good shit. 👍

Weiji

Banned
She wasnt. The movie as a whole was just a poor adaptation.

I mean the trailer makes this look like “You go little black girl! You’re a warrior!” They can do whatever, but it definitely doesn’t interest me much.

I also read the book as a kid, I remember liking it, but not much else. Probably wouldn’t have bothered with it either way.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I can't believe we didn't see a huge online backlash over this blackwashing.

Was the character written to be white? If so, Was her being white integral to her identity or the story? I think you're being sarcastic but I can't tell from typed words.

Top Bottom