• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Chase17

Ballroom 4-7
First competition was really good. Only complaint so far is that Shizuku seems to be a trophy at this point. So hopefully that gets better.

Nordicus

Totsukuni no Shoujo 13

HOLY FUCKBALLS that last page!

I'm guessing that granny was always cursed and she sent her granddaughter away for her own protection, or that the girl is immune to curse's effects but is also still capable of carrying it

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One Punch Man (Murata) #114 (74?)

Seems like we're finally proceeding into the actual Monster Association Arc now. Kind of surprised these two are still alive and haven't been stomped by Saitama but it seems he actually exited the building after getting DQed. Well just more guys to fight with the S Class later on.

The World or Her 1
NVeBenW.png
A manga about easy decisions: Do you romance your childhood waifu and inadvertently make her destroy the world, or do you protect it by dating the mysterious cuter/lewder girl who warns you about your waifu's destructive capabilities? Should be straightforward, but I'm sure the MC will manage to fuck it up. Honestly, my expectations for him are about the same as for this manga generally, but I'll follow it anyway to see heroineB work her charm. Also this might be the most damage truck-kun has ever caused, albeit indirectly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At this point whenever I see some manga being reviewed and it says "Manga Chapter 1 (or some other very low number)" I can safely assume its fluffy yuri.

Fancolors

U19 3-10
I appreciate the author's feelings about always challenging authority, but things could be a little more subtle. As of now, the adult party is composed entirely of Nazis fueled by Japanese nationalism and eugenics. Maybe it resonates different with the domestic audience, but the unsubtle approach for this message doesn't do much for me.

It's a shame, I dig the hobby-based powers. Jolyne showed us string powers are the best.

Chase17

Welcome to the Ballroom 8-11
This tournament has been good. Glad Hyodo is already back into the story. Flower and the frame. Seems like we are about to jump into character development for Shizuku which is nice.

man, this last week of school has really cut into my manga reading time, anyway

we never learn 11

I don't remember any math equations with pudding in them when I was in high school math. I guess thats why I got a C.

we never learn 12

Well this new girl sure is interesting.

We Never Learn

Tanned sports girl is really the worst she feels so out of place in most of these chapters, the fact that the series has already apparently introduced waifu 4 within 15 chapters makes me want to stab my eyes out.

Yeah, they are adding people at a fast rate. However, I don't have a problem with tanned sports girl. Or tanned sports girls in general.

Zweizer

Banned
Historie ch98

Huh, didn't know they had polls back then.

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan ch20

He just can't catch a break.

Tatoe Hai ni natte mo ch10

Guess it wasn't possible for him to just lose.

man, this last week of school has really cut into my manga reading time, anyway

we never learn 11

I don't remember any math equations with pudding in them when I was in high school math. I guess thats why I got a C.

we never learn 12

Well this new girl sure is interesting.

Yeah, they are adding people at a fast rate. However, I don't have a problem with tanned sports girl. Or tanned sports girls in general.

My problem isn't that she's a tanned sports girl nor do I have problens with tanned sports girls in general. My problem is when we've barely set up our harem game and we've already got ANOTHER girl who fills the Marika roll of not being subtle at all in wanting to bone the mc and figuring out if the other girls are as active as she is. Marika was introduced in chapter 33 as the next major rival in the harem at the right time to spice things up. Tanned sports girl feels desperate "please love my series I don't want it to get canceled"

My problem isn't that she's a tanned sports girl nor do I have problens with tanned sports girls in general. My problem is when we've barely set up our harem game and we've already got ANOTHER girl who fills the Marika roll of not being subtle at all in wanting to bone the mc and figuring out if the other girls are as active as she is. Marika was introduced in chapter 33 as the next major rival in the harem at the right time to spice things up. Tanned sports girl feels desperate "please love my series I don't want it to get canceled"

lol, I do kinda agree. Though I don't have a problem with her character, but I will say it would be better if she were introduced later. Maybe after the MC actually had more time with the first two.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Last couple chapters of Fairy Tail

How does it make a lick of sense for Zeref to either kill or attempt to kill Natsu

Seishun Kinema 1

Todo, the popular talks to everyone classmate, has a secret problem that makes him feel extremely insecure. Fortunately, with the cool quiet one there he manages to somewhat feel better about who he is. Love the potential romance that could develop between Yamamotocchi and Todo. Funniest part was easily the walking in on Todo showering while singing that song, though I did feel a bit sad when he collapsed and covered both his inverted nipples and his clownfish. Thankfully Yamamamotocchi doesnt judge and helped him out when he felt his lowest. I kind of like that aspect of the story. Hopefully it can stay like this and wont turn one of them into some type of sadist or something. Good start.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Vinland Saga ch. 138

This and last month's chapter are so short, god.

Garm's been an amusing side character, but I'd still hope he gets demolished if he were to fight Thorkell for real.

Iinazuke Kyoutei 39 - 40

Best girl Tomo is getting fit at the gym. I don't really see any other girl winning at this point as it seems Tomo gets the most attention, and gets the most time with Wataru.

I thought those two friends were officially going out, not just in a way that they totally are but in denial way.

Also Tamayo sure doesn't pull any punches with sensei. Though this situation is hilarious.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Halcyon Lunch ch2

Remember this?

Well, here's chapter two translated, after five years. Still pretty weird and self-aware.

Hiroaki Samura best work. I've Read it to completion since this manga got localized in my country. Anyway, later chapter is even weirder, and the ending was epic. I sure hope it got translated so you guys can enjoy it too

Palace Meidi Ch1-10: Love the art, and I'm a sucker for star-crossed lover plot-lines, so I'll be keeping my eye on this. Hopefully, it can help fill the insatiable hunger for Shoujo I have.

Kengan Ashua Ch61: I dig your bloodlust/battle lust, let me turn it up to 11.

Zweizer

Banned
Hiroaki Samura best work. I've Read it to completion since this manga got localized in my country. Anyway, later chapter is even weirder, and the ending was epic. I sure hope it got translated so you guys can enjoy it too

Damn, y'all are lucky. Anyways good to hear. Next chapters can't get translated soon enough.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch167

At the very least Youko has made many friends. She's sure to have an unforgettable birthday.

Beastars ch10-12

I'm not sure a club composed entirely of people with issues is the best idea, but hey.

Revo

Finally got around to finishing JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run (spoilers abound).

Man, this is probably my favorite Jojo part so far. From the cool idea to the sick stands, Steel Ball Run was just a blast through and through. My favorite of course being Hey Ya!
(the fact that there's a stand that just supports the user with kind words in a race filled with killer stands is amazing).Was glad to see another evolving stand as well. It's always cool to see how they develop in parallel to their stand user.

It was also really marvel seeing all the variations of past characters (and also makes me want to see what kind of stand their part 1-6 counterpart would have if they didn't have one).

I'm also really, really glad the Steel family got their final comeuppance over dio/valentine in the end, especially lucy being the one to seal dio's fate. Both of them having final victory moments really felt good after seeing the terrible situation both of them were put into for half the series.

Overall, this was a really successful reboot to the series after part 6's ending made me feel kinda meh after reading it.

As a side note, I've heard part 8 is a continuation of the part 7 universe. As I've only read Jojo series when they've completed, for people who are reading part 8, would you say it'd be good to catch up to where it's at now or to wait?

convo

NTeQczz.png

I don't think the translators have a solid grasp on Dragon Ball

I thought gratuitous and inappropriate swearing has been the entire existence of american fantranslations of Dragonball Z. People who liked the shitty dub soundtrack and never even heard of the original dragon ball series will of course put in swear words.

Top Bottom