• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Grenades def need a longer time till explosion and smaller radius. And anyone else think the new operations such as last sector on verdun, need to have the french spawn father away? I feel like they spawn right on top of me at B flag.

Meccs

If this is considered bad nade spam then holy shit you guys would really hate it back when everyone carried 3 minis (each could easily one shot you and could be thrown over 100 yards) in BF4.

Not to mention how fast they would resupply if you had an ammo box near.

I played BF4 too and yes I'm not saying it was better there. But you have to add fire and gas and all that stuff too. As MeisterLeder already said, nade spam wasn't really an issue except for a few maps there.

Tubie

I played BF4 too and yes I'm not saying it was better there. But you have to add fire and gas and all that stuff too. As MeisterLeder already said, nade spam wasn't really an issue except for a few maps there.

I honestly like the gas and fire nades in this game, they are actually useful in more than the most obvious way.

I do realize I'm in the minority here tho.

All they had to do was reduce all the starting nades to one and only have support crates refill them (like 45 seconds to 60 seconds). But instead they made them just auto refill for some fucking reason. Nade spam is worse now because people don't even need support to refill them, you just have to wait X amount of seconds and bam just keep spamming.

Also I play Assault a lot and anti-tank nades being so good against infantry is fucking stupid. Assault pretty much just gets two extra nades to spam. When I play Medic I just said fuck it and started using the rifle nades, if you can't beat them, join them.

Meccs

I honestly like the gas and fire nades in this game, they are actually useful in more than the most obvious way.

I do realize I'm in the minority here tho.

I have nothing against the new nades, it's the spam that is the problem. Having 12 or more people constantly lobbing multiple, gas, fire and explosive nades around is not fun. I pretty much do the same since the DLC because the maps favor this behavior but I absolutely hate it.

I almost never get revived on Frontline maps because everyone is playing the 3 nade classes Assault or Support because it is so effective.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
you mean to tell me dice has no fucking idea how to balance their own games and implements drastic changes to core game systems only to fuck balance and flow up further jesus christ what a surprise

you mean to tell me dice has no fucking idea how to balance their own games and implements drastic changes to core game systems only to fuck balance and flow up further jesus christ what a surprise

It's just funny because everyone during CTE was telling them it was a bad idea and they did it anyways.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's just funny because everyone during CTE was telling them it was a bad idea and they did it anyways.

This is the same developer that added a particle grenade into Battlefront that instantly auto healed you to full in addition to granting a temporary invincibility barrier, completely changing the dynamic of every encounters due to the huge disadvantage for any player who chose not to equip themselves with this instant heal crutch.

They never truly fixed it and any real effort to do so weren't implemented until months and months later. DICE fucking suck.

Deilpo

Neo Member
Just got back into playing this on PS4 and picked up the premium pass, really having a blast. Got my 2nd ever platinum trophy the other day.

Also, the St. Chamond and Chauchat are awesome.

Tubie

You have to understand that the main team moved on to either Battlefront 2 or the next Battlefield.

The skeleton crew they left for this game will only do so much.

You have to understand that the main team moved on to either Battlefront 2 or the next Battlefield.

The skeleton crew they left for this game will only do so much.

That is understandable for content, but not for something like a balance change. What is the point of a CTE if you're not going to listen to your community? Hey guys we need feedback, but we aren't going to listen to you anyways.

Tubie

That is understandable for content, but not for something like a balance change. What is the point of a CTE if you're not going to listen to your community? Hey guys we need feedback, but we aren't going to listen to you anyways.

Hey, I hear ya on this.

One of the great things about DICE LA being in charge of BF4 DLC (and fixing that hot mess) was how much they communicated with the community. I don't think we have them focused on BF1 anymore tho :(

And you have to remember how bad DICE itself really is, their last gift to the BF4 community in terms of weapon balance (unbalance) was that fucking AWS (imagine a 100 round assault rifle with a 2.5 second tactical reload and 3 second full reload....) and barely any recoil or bullet spread. Yes that was a thing that was allowed to happen for months.

I don't think we have anything even close to that right now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nade spam is worse now because people don't even need support to refill them, you just have to wait X amount of seconds and bam just keep spamming.

I fucking said that on CTE. Like I said: DICE-LA listens to shitty Youtubers like Danny (*gag*) over people that actually fucking play the game 24/7 and have played the series long-time, like... *cough*me*cough*. It's a fucking tragedy.

What made me give up on CTE was them never fucking fixing Rush in BF4. It's great that they "fixed" Rush in this outing, but I shouldn't have to wait a fucking game and not be acknowledged for those fixes.

---

The core of Ammo 2.0 is a shift from ammo gadgets being the only way to resupply, to a cooldown based system with ammo gadgets modifying cooldowns.

Fucking LOL. What is the point of putting ammo boxes down, then!? "Oh you'll just get your ammo for your rockets back quicker!" *snooze*

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/5zytvl/grenade_resupply_ammo_20_and_whats_next/

DICE-LA continuing to be pretty awful for the series. I wish Demize99 would come back, which is something I never thought I'd say.

Fucking LOL. What is the point of putting ammo boxes down, then!? "Oh you'll just get your ammo for your rockets back quicker!" *snooze*

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/5zytvl/grenade_resupply_ammo_20_and_whats_next/

DICE-LA continuing to be pretty awful for the series. I wish Demize99 would come back, which is something I never thought I'd say.

Oh wow, I didn't realize any of this. Ummm... what is DICE doing? How can they think this enhances Support players when it seems like it makes them more or less irrelevant? I like tons of explosions going off as much as anybody but its ok if not everyone has a grenade at all times.

I kind of wish they'd let players use some of the stationary huge artillery guns on all the maps that are covered up.

TheSeks

Oh wow, I didn't realize any of this. Ummm... what is DICE doing?

You mean DICE-LA. DICE checked out as soon as this launched. DICE-LA is the one making bone-headed decisions while listening to shitty Youtuber complaints.

I fucking said that on CTE. Like I said: DICE-LA listens to shitty Youtubers like Danny (*gag*) over people that actually fucking play the game 24/7 and have played the series long-time, like... *cough*me*cough*. It's a fucking tragedy.

What made me give up on CTE was them never fucking fixing Rush in BF4. It's great that they "fixed" Rush in this outing, but I shouldn't have to wait a fucking game and not be acknowledged for those fixes.

---

LOL wtf.... this game gets worse and worse... it already has piss easy gunplay, especially Sniping. And now the game becomes more and more to a explosive spam fest...
Really losing hope that it will get better...
At this point just remove the classes lol

Will probably only boot up the game when new DLC drops.

Was listening to One and alt-tabbed back to BF1 loading and the screen going black as the game lost connection and Hetfield belted out the famous meme lyrics: "Darkness, imprisoning me, all that I see, absolute horror." So at least the experience wasn't all bad this time.
Like it's been all the other times it has happened. Some recent patch or something appears to have broken the game to where I can't alt-tab and do other things while the game's joining a server. Whenever I tab back, I get "lost connection" and am kicked back to the menu. This used to happen at an earlier point in the game's life. It's stupid and hopefully they'll fix it again.

TheSeks

LOL wtf.... this game gets worse and worse... it already has piss easy gunplay, especially Sniping. And now the game becomes more and more to a explosive spam fest...
Really losing hope that it will get better...
At this point just remove the classes lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefiel...nade_resupply_ammo_20_and_whats_next/df34p3f/

Battle(Non)Sense continuing to be the real MVP of Youtubers. Note: This is the guy that has four hours or so played in this outing. So when he speaks of issues, DICE-LA should well fucking listen to him given the amount of analysis he does in his Youtube videos compared to Danny (*gag*), LevelCap (*barf*), and Xfactor (*meh*).

Striker

Yeah, conquest is unplayable in BF1; too many people fighting against each other, the average life span can't be more than 20-30 seconds.
It gets annoying when you are so close to winning then your intelligent teammates decide to go to a flag that's across the map instead of defending the two nearby that are depleting. We ended up losing by one point. :(

And played mostly medic. Why people mash for respawn when I am a few yards away available to revive them. Ugh.

WillyFive

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefiel...nade_resupply_ammo_20_and_whats_next/df34p3f/

Battle(Non)Sense continuing to be the real MVP of Youtubers. Note: This is the guy that has four hours or so played in this outing. So when he speaks of issues, DICE-LA should well fucking listen to him given the amount of analysis he does in his Youtube videos compared to Danny (*gag*), LevelCap (*barf*), and Xfactor (*meh*).

Yeah, that was an excellent post.

Also, LevelCap has been annoying more and more anytime he talks about gameplay in BF1, because he keeps suggesting things that would make the game worse; he only wants to make it better for his playstyle and nothing else.

It gets annoying when you are so close to winning then your intelligent teammates decide to go to a flag that's across the map instead of defending the two nearby that are depleting. We ended up losing by one point. :(

And played mostly medic. Why people mash for respawn when I am a few yards away available to revive them. Ugh.

It sucks that DICE keeps appeasing and enabling bad player behavior instead of restricting it.

EatChildren

A great assessment and I agree wholeheartedly. I still don't understand why tanks are able to self heal and the obvious reduction to necessary teamwork.

Also, LevelCap has been annoying more and more anytime he talks about gameplay in BF1, because he keeps suggesting things that would make the game worse; he only wants to make it better for his playstyle and nothing else.

This is LevelCap 101 and has been going on long enough to become a running observational joke in the community. He's a very good player, but guaranteed to get caught up in long winded whining about game balance and features that he doesn't like primarily because they frustrate his preferred play style.

TheSeks

I still don't understand why tanks are able to self heal.

BF4 already had self-healing tanks. So I'm not sure why they dumbed down (and removed in a sense!) the Engineer class.

There's so many mind-boggling decisions if you follow the series from BC2 (the last one that semi-felt like a Battlefield title) to now.

I like BF3 and 4 (granted with some issues/caveats) but this one has casualized wayyy too far, IMO.

VariantX

Yeah, that was an excellent post.

Yeah, kind getting tired of him moaning about objective score vs kill score in a god damned objective based mode. It's supposed to be weighted torwards playing the objectives.

Foxxsoxx

BF4 already had self-healing tanks. So I'm not sure why they dumbed down (and removed in a sense!) the Engineer class.

There's so many mind-boggling decisions if you follow the series from BC2 (the last one that semi-felt like a Battlefield title) to now.

I like BF3 and 4 (granted with some issues/caveats) but this one has casualized wayyy too far, IMO.

I agree. I legit haven't repaired a friendly tank at all in BF1. Not. Even. Once.

BF1 has some cool things going for it, but my love for BF3 and BF4 lasted much longer.

Meccs

Yeah, conquest is unplayable in BF1; too many people fighting against each other, the average life span can't be more than 20-30 seconds.
That is why I don't understand that there are no 32p servers. Conquest maps are not large enough for 64p, it is a clusterfuck. I watched a few 64p Frontline streams yesterday and I can not fathom how people enjoy that torture.

Also has anyone noticed that no one is playing Medic on Frontlines? I almost never get revived and looking at the score board, there is sometimes only one Medic on our team.
I also find that the time to live is way down for some reason. Dunno if I just got worse or if it's all the snipers, nades and mortars or what but the time you spend alive has reached CoD levels for me. I can't really enjoy this game anymore for some reason.

Theorry

The spawning on teammates is so bad after the patch. Jesus. 2 seconds later.

ScKCbdA.gif

Meccs

The spawning on teammates is so bad after the patch. Jesus. 2 seconds later.

Happened to me too today. One time right in front if me like in your gif and I have the feeling a few times after I killed one guy and turned around, suddenly another guy out of nowhere but I can't be sure.

ThisOne

I miss the camera in BF4 where you could at least see what you were spawning into. I hate spawning on a teammate and then being mowed down half a second later. Why does it let me spawn on him?

TheSeks

New BF4 UI is just this ones but clunkier. Moves Battlelog into the game.

I'm Disgusted.gif

TheSeks

Oh, man. I apologize to DICE-LA for the amount of shitposting/backlash that CTE is doing on "Ammo 2.0" from posters/users that I don't recognize from BF4 CTE.
No, I don't. Because Ammo 2.0 is stupid as fuck.

TheSeks

Top Bottom