• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
The other day I mentioned we are giving away a Diablo 3 SteelSeries Headset and today we just reviewed the Diablo 3 SteelSeries Mouse. Just head over to any of the reviews and like our Facebook page and you'll be entered to win.

d3Mouse4-300x151.jpg

These are some awesome accessories and we have two of each to give away. This contest is open to anyone in the continental U.S. or Canada

Nice,

I like on facebook too!

SteveWD40

Fucking Blizzard.

So having googled around and checked the beta forums, seems like their answer to the installer not working is "go and fiddle with your internet settings, it's at your end lol"

Steam works fine, every other game client works fine, but no, it must be my issue. I am not tech savvy enough to go and start fucking about with my internet settings, considering the beta downloaded and worked fine before on the same laptop with the same internet.

Path of Exile here I come.

I got in! Can't believe it. I'm not sure how much I want to play before official launch though, maybe just test out what class I want to play for real.

garath

I got in! Can't believe it. I'm not sure how much I want to play before official launch though, maybe just test out what class I want to play for real.

From what it looks like, you can play the beta over and over and explore every nook and cranny and barely scratch the D3 surface. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I'm happy I got to experience all the classes and systems before starting the real game.

I've been playing more of the game recently. I've certainly warmed up to it quite a bit, loving the atmosphere and music. The more I play, the more I find that I like. Fairly hyped for the retail build so I can see what everything looks like maxed out.

Also, figured I might as well post my battletag: StrKVillain#1104

lordy88

Fucking Blizzard.

So having googled around and checked the beta forums, seems like their answer to the installer not working is "go and fiddle with your internet settings, it's at your end lol"

Steam works fine, every other game client works fine, but no, it must be my issue. I am not tech savvy enough to go and start fucking about with my internet settings, considering the beta downloaded and worked fine before on the same laptop with the same internet.

Keep in mind that there are times when the updater doesn't look like it is doing anything, but it really is. I suggest restarting it or loading the direct diablo-iii-beta.exe file rather than the shortcut on the desktop.

Maybe this will work...?

Valnen

Fucking Blizzard.

They're still screwing with the launcher, which is one of the main purposes of the beta to begin with. It's going to break every now and then, all the way up to release. That's generally how these things work.

If you can't deal with that, well, it is your fault. Sorry.

Very fun beta but my fps drops to 10-20 during some parts. On an i5 gtx460 4gb ram

Is it still downloading in the background? I had a bit of slowdown at first when it was still downloading so I just let it finish and no issues. My laptop maxes everything out no problems.

Flib

My first impression (besides really enjoying the beta so far), is how chunky the skills feel even for a magic user (trying wizard right now). Really feels like you're shredding these enemies apart, that alone gives it a different feel than diablo 2.

Game seems super polished in the usual blizzard ways.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Champions were blue in D2. Gold monsters were called Rares or Uniques I think.

Raide

My first impression (besides really enjoying the beta so far), is how chunky the skills feel even for a magic user (trying wizard right now). Really feels like you're shredding these enemies apart, that alone gives it a different feel than diablo 2.

Game seems super polished in the usual blizzard ways.

The weight of combat seems to be something they have nailed down well. So many Diablo clones have such light and flimsy combat, you often don't feel like you connect to the enemies squishy skull.

Also...still no Beta code! :( Bleh

Anyone else getting the 2003 Connection Interrupted error? The servers must be hammered or sumtin.

Tried to switch mouse 1 and 2, I'm used to Dota and Starcraft where right-click is moving, but couldn't do it. Hopefully it'll make it into the released client.

TylerD

The weight of combat seems to be something they have nailed down well. So many Diablo clones have such light and flimsy combat, you often don't feel like you connect to the enemies squishy skull.

I am actually going to be upgrading my PCs 2.1 sound system for D3. I have had the same one since 2003 and it is time to get something with a lot more oomph. It was either that or get a gaming headset (Steelseries Siberia V2) and I just don't like wearing a headset for long periods of time.

I thought barb's bash was awesome until I unlocked the rune at lvl 13 that adds a 2nd concussive blast right after the first hit and removes the knockback. That shit is so satisfying.

SteveWD40

Keep in mind that there are times when the updater doesn't look like it is doing anything, but it really is. I suggest restarting it or loading the direct diablo-iii-beta.exe file rather than the shortcut on the desktop.

Maybe this will work...?

Tried that, it's a definite issue as the WoW one does it as well, as I say, Steam and Path of Exile install no issues, just Blizzard stuff, both installers crashing.

If you can't deal with that, well, it is your fault. Sorry.

HzTiN.gif

So, you can only get to like level 13 on each char?

The fuck have you guys been doing for 7 months?

levelling characters, hunting for rares, then diong it all again when the server wipes?

nah. I levelled each character up once, then left the beta alone entirely until more recently just to hype myself a little.

Fucking Blizzard.

I had Ad Aware Pro running when I ran into the 0% issue. I usually don't have it enabled, but when I turned it off it solved the issue for me.

I think they have some kind of port blocking system in place as one of their suite services which was causing it for me.

Check for something similar perhaps?

So, you can only get to like level 13 on each char?

The fuck have you guys been doing for 7 months?

Leveling a lot of alts, and running Chapter 4 of Act I an idiotic number of times.

Flib

I had no interest in the barbarian but decided to try one...holy fuck are they satisfying. I might end up maining one. Leap alone is worth the price of admission.

I realize the content is light in the beta, but the different events and trying out the different classes makes it a non-issue.

TylerD

I had no interest in the barbarian but decided to try one...holy fuck are they satisfying. I might end up maining one. Leap alone is worth the price of admission.

I realize the content is light in the beta, but the different events and trying out the different classes makes it a non-issue.

I'm thinking there will be tons of people rolling barbs. The first 2 games I joined last night were 4 barbs and 3 barbs, 1 witch doctor. The newbies were all saying how awesome the barb feels.

I have always started with a barb/warrior class and probably won't deviate from that for D3. My brother (rolling Wiz) and I are going to co-op through normal together for our first play through.

Flib

I'm thinking there will be tons of people rolling barbs. The first 2 games I joined last night were 4 barbs and 3 barbs, 1 witch doctor. The newbies were all saying how awesome the barb feels.

I have always started with a barb/warrior class and probably won't deviate from that for D3. My brother (rolling Wiz) and I are going to co-op through normal together for our first play through.

Still have only played that and wizard, so my mind isn't made up yet. Interested in witch doctor.

Velocity

I definitely tend to see more Barbarians in Public games than any other class, and with good reason. Barb is such a ridiculously fun and overpowered class. Despite playing the beta for a couple months now, and seeing each class undergo various changes, I still cannot decide what I'll be starting out as. Monk? Wizard? DH? Shit, I cannot decide. Back to the talent calc.

Still have only played that and wizard, so my mind isn't made up yet. Interested in witch doctor.

I first rolled DH, just recently completed the beta with Barb and today I just started Witch Doctor. His voice is awesome but I haven't gotten that deep with him. Will play some more later on tonight.

RPG

The install finally finished sometime last night and just had a chance to dip into this... Soooo good, have to tear myself away before I get sucked into it for the night. Started up as a Barb and I like the fury meter implementation. Also took a peek at the Achievements and can only imagine what they're going to use for the full game; OCD meter already going crazy.

add me please: Starky#1467

What's the point of naming a character if no one will ever see it? (they'll see only your battletag)

Personal/RP reasons at least. I like to come up with interesting names for characters I play in any game. And I think the character name will still show up in the chat window if your character is the one that speaks during story progression stuff during quests, like when talking to the Templar or Leah, as you're running along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom