• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolKane

Spike Spiegel said:
I weep for the future if today's teens are too f*cking stupid to put on a pair of socks that actually match.

Most teens are so worried about the economy they often forget to wear matching socks.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Spike Spiegel said:
I weep for the future if today's teens are too f*cking stupid to put on a pair of socks that actually match.

I'm in my late 20's, and I rarely, if ever, put on two socks that match. It's not that I'm lazy, I just don't give a fuck. They're socks. Hardly anyone ever sees them. I don't match them after I do my laundry, and I sure as fuck don't organize my clothing. I get up, and put on two socks that don't have holes in them yet, and that's as much thought as I give it before I proceed to work at home for about 14 hours, lol.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Spike Spiegel said:
The teens I know (my niece and nephew) are too busy texting constantly to even look at me when I talk to them. Socks are nothing to worry about as long as they can still put them on.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Extollere said:
I'm in my late 20's, and I rarely, if ever, put on two socks that match. It's not that I'm lazy, I just don't give a fuck. They're socks. Hardly anyone ever sees them. I don't match them after I do my laundry, and I sure as fuck don't organize my clothing. I get up, and put on two socks that don't have holes in them yet, and that's as much thought as I give it before I proceed to work at home for about 14 hours, lol.
I wear a suit and tie quite often, but... sock matching is time simply wasted.

Ninja Scooter said:
Unless you are 100 years old you need to watch Punky Brewster and STFU.
I did watch Punky. Socks (like shoes, and gloves, and anything else that comes in pairs) are still supposed to match when you wear them. That's why they come in pairs.

EDIT: And I hope that some of you are talking about wearing, say, two brown or charcoal socks that aren't quite the same shade with a suit. That I can understand a little. If you're talking about wearing a white sock and a black one together, or something like hipster Parker in that pic, however... really? I mean, REALLY?

big ander

I intentionally mismatch everything out of pairs. I have a drawer of pants and shorts that have been cut in half at the crotch, and every morning I wake up early to randomly choose a left and right side, which I then stitch together for the day.

Spike Spiegel said:
I did watch Punky. Socks (like shoes, and gloves, and anything else that comes in pairs) are still supposed to match when you wear them. That's why they come in pairs.

So did you're generation turn out alright even though Punky dressed like a fucking idiot? A lot of the current trendy kid clothing is all inspired by shit from the 80s anyway. Peter Parker in those pics looks like he could have easily been transplanted from a John Hughes movie.

Ninja Scooter said:
So did you're generation turn out alright even though Punky dressed like a fucking idiot?
Honestly? Sometimes I see my generation's kids, and they're either morbidly obese or image-conscious beyond their years, texting their friends and oblivious to everything around them, and I wonder.

Not that Punky's wardrobe had anything to do with that. Or did it..?

Varna

Replicant said:
This. I prefer the other scenario where she fell to her death.

Pretty iconic moment for comics in general too. Isn't the current Gwen a clone anyways? We can still pretend she died right?

Spike Spiegel said:
Honestly? Sometimes I see my generation's kids, and they're either morbidly obese or image-conscious beyond their years, texting their friends and oblivious to everything around them, and I wonder.

Not that Punky's wardrobe had anything to do with that. Or did it..?

There was an episode where Punky's friend Cherry almost died because they were playing hide and seek and she hid in a REFRIGERATOR. Kids have always been dumbshits in any generation.

Father_Brain said:
Nope, it's definitely still canon. There was a miniseries out last year that featured one of Gwen's kids.

I must have missed that. It's a shame because once Straczynski and Quesada agreed on the details of One More Day, Straczynski was quite vocal about erasing the Sins Past storyline because he thought it was ruined by editorial decisions (he wanted them to be Peter's kids). I honestly don't think there's a more annoying and talentless person at Marvel than Joe Quesada.

overcast

Good god people. There are plenty of kids who dress like this at my school. This is far from hipster.

Imo both Gwen and Peter look great right now (Emma Stone is delicious).

overcast said:
Good god people. There are plenty of kids who dress like this at my school. This is far from hipster.

Imo both Gwen and Peter look great right now (Emma Stone is delicious).
You know what's funny? Five years ago people would've labeled their style as 'emo'.

overcast

brotkasten said:
You know what's funny? Five years ago people would've labeled their style as 'emo'.
It's just popular to hate on hipsters (though again, these aren't close to hipsters).

2012 will be an amazing summer for blockbusters.

Tr4nce

SolKane said:
I've never seen GAF this out of touch and cranky before. Damn, go back to Matlock if you got a problem with the wardrobe. This is how teenagers dress.

Haha, I thought the exact same thing while I was plowing through this thread yesterday. Shame to see that a great part of this thread is about the new Parker being a hipster or not/ sweaty balls thing.

Anyway, the suit looks very nice IMO. I think this reboot is a little bit too soon for my taste, but I will definitely see this in the theatre when it comes out.

dabig2

Salvor.Hardin said:
I must have missed that. It's a shame because once Straczynski and Quesada agreed on the details of One More Day, Straczynski was quite vocal about erasing the Sins Past storyline because he thought it was ruined by editorial decisions (he wanted them to be Peter's kids). I honestly don't think there's a more annoying and talentless person at Marvel than Joe Quesada.

Haha, yeah, I remember this like it was yesterday.

Fans: "Wow, marvel sucks. They're seriously going to just erase 20 years over some bullshit! Oh well, at least Sins Past will be erased as well - somewhat of a silver lining..."

Quesada: "Noooooope! Not only are we going to fuck over the marriage and continuity, we're going to keep Sins Past entirely! Got ya bitches!"

Fans: "FUUUUUUUUUU!"

Lunchbox

Banned
Salvor.Hardin said:
spl274515_008-wm900.jpg

hipster spiderman pissed his pants

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I think it looks fine so far. I still have issues with the design of the suit but I'll wait to see how it looks on film when everything is as it should be.

I don't get the hipster bitching, the only issue is he is wering skinny jeans and deserves a punch in the area where his dick should be (but isn't because of the skinnys).

Kaizer

Banned
I think Garfield looks great as Parker, I like the look of the clothes on him in those pictures. Emma Stone looks great as usual, they both fit the part to me. Can't wait to see what this film is gonna end up looking like in theaters.

Salvor.Hardin said:

Sins Past was a terrible storyline, but giving Peter two adult children would arguably have been far more damaging to the character. At least what was published only really fucked up a supporting character who'd been dead for over thirty years of publishing time.

dabig2 said:
Haha, yeah, I remember this like it was yesterday.

Fans: "Wow, marvel sucks. They're seriously going to just erase 20 years over some bullshit! Oh well, at least Sins Past will be erased as well - somewhat of a silver lining..."

Quesada: "Noooooope! Not only are we going to fuck over the marriage and continuity, we're going to keep Sins Past entirely! Got ya bitches!"

Fans: "FUUUUUUUUUU!"

I still haven't gotten over how badly they dealt with the marriage retcon. Peter Parker was so out of character through out. And by doing away with their marriage, they single handedly ruined one of the greatest Spidey story arcs ever written (Kraven's Last Hunt). And as if that wasn't enough, they also resurrected Kraven. A group of mentally retarded children would make for a better Brain Trust for the Spider-Man comics than the current lot.

Father_Brain said:
Sins Past was a terrible storyline, but giving Peter two adult children would arguably have been far more damaging to the character. At least what was published only really fucked up a supporting character who'd been dead for over thirty years of publishing time.

I agree. Straczynski's original plan was worse. I hate Quesada because as the EiC he was in the position to shoot down the idea entirely, but instead he ran with most of it. In fact when Straczynski first started his Amazing Spider-Man run, he was probably the best writer the character had in almost a decade and all of his plots were fresh, well written and well thought out. Eventually he became a hack, started relying on cheap gimmicks and even began reusing characters he had already killed. By the end of his run, it felt like he was just throwing out issues to complete his contractual agreement.

G-Fex

The coolest Aunt May, the one who's played Zelda games.

Let me ask something gaf, say we're back in the early 90's. Would Blossom count as a hipster?

She wore some wacky clothes

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I still think it's too early. I'll probably still watch if only for Garfield. It is a reboot, right?

I can't believe the first movie came out 9 years ago.

Who remembers the first time they saw this trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KW8stZ2jSQ

You have to love the cheesy stock music. And how the trailer pretty much gives away the entire movie. But goddamn was it exciting, especially the way it pushed film CG to an entirely new level. Such a good movie.

Akainu said:
Never heard of this Garfield guy before but I hate the shape of his head or is it his hair? Both?

He has a really small head, a very long neck and large shoulders. It makes him look kind of awkward.

Personally, I think Emile Hirsch would have made a perfect Peter Parker. Garfield will be great though.

G-Fex

Salvor.Hardin said:

You have to love the cheesy stock music. And how the trailer pretty much gives away the entire movie. But goddamn was it exciting, especially the way it pushed film CG to an entirely new level. Such a good movie.

Ugh Narrating!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Salvor.Hardin said:

That was the trailer? I feel like I just watched the entire movie :lol

SolKane

Dali said:
Jack Kerouac isn't hipster material no more than Kurt Vonnegut. Now Haruki Murakami...

Plenty of "hipsters" read the beat generation writers, I mean they were pretty much the proto-hipsters. As for Murakami, the only people I know who read his work are otaku or nerds who generally don't read books which don't have dragons on the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom