• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I completely agree. The lore dump last episode was a little egregious. I did it to try and save time but it could have been more natural. Thanks for the post.

It's definitely understandable and a minor nitpick. Along these lines, I loved the little conversation in one of the episodes about how the the crew fails to ask names of the major characters but always does for the minor ones. Fantastic stuff.

Auctopus

Re: Dead Space coming back at the EA Conference discussed on the podcast.

Visceral is working on the Amy Hennig Star Wars game and before that they did the Battlefield spin-off, they are used to EA's whim now. I really don't think there's a chance it's coming back, which is a shame because I love the first two games too.

If any game is gonna "come back", I cannot fathom EA being so tone deaf that that game is not SKATE. (I don't think that's happening either though).

Edit: ALSO, don't "Look out for Criterion's Extreme Sports game this E3" as it was canceled last year when the studio was put to work on more Star Wars projects $$$

Mista Koo

By cheap I mean they won't out the money in like Warner and NRS, or try to make the game accommodating/easy to figure out like they do.
Well that's the difference between a studio backed by the world's third biggest entertainment company and studios backed by no one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hasney

The latest Fiasconauts was the craziest one yet, but as soon as the cage came up, I was sold.

Nnnnnnggg. Came home earlier than expected and want to dive in, but I want to watch it in one sitting and I'd drop it for the ARMS test punch.

Still watching Huber Syndrome and loving how Don is much happier talking about games in front of the camera these days. He's such a treasure.

Bahorel

So is anyone going to the EZA panel tomorrow in San Jose? I think I might be going. It's a trek for me but I'm so tempted to be able to meet the Allies.

Maybe it's my desire for a new Burnout game taking over but that podcast idea of a Need for Speed inspired by Crank sounds like something I'd be totally down for.

I actually dont know what Trailer Jones is..? Can someone explain? I think the 44000 tier from Kyle was reached fast because he had a good video explaining it. Did Jones explain somewhere what 'Trailer Jones' is about?

Budi

I actually dont know what Trailer Jones is..? Can someone explain? I think the 44000 tier from Kyle was reached fast because he had a good video explaining it. Did Jones explain somewhere what 'Trailer Jones' is about?

I think it's basically Trailer Score / Lets all go to the trailers from Gametrailers times. They watched a trailer(s), analyzed, commented and scored it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NxAAXBKxwQ here's an example.

Someone correct me if they have said the format to be widely different, is it only Jones this time?

Edit: Thanks Hasney for the additional info!

Hasney

A remakeof a show they used to do on GT. There were two incarnations, but the basics are that they review trailers.

Trailer Score where they used to review one trailer and score it: https://youtu.be/zIUtUfsw3Gg

A weekly show called Let's All Go To The Trailers where they score some and talk aboiut the trailers of the week: https://youtu.be/BJ7t_JQ4OZk

Not sure which it would be based on, but I'd bet on the latter.

EDIT: It will be the latter weekly show and to answer Budi, other allies will be involved

Trailer Jones - Brandon will return to his quest to make the world a better place for trailers, and recruit the rest of the Allies to the cause. Our Patrons will pick the trailers, and we'll score them in a weekly show covering the most noteworthy media on the web.

I think it's basically Trailer Score / Lets all go to the trailers from Gametrailers times. They watched a trailer(s), analyzed, commented and scored it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NxAAXBKxwQ here's an example.

Someone correct me if they have said the format to be widely different, is it only Jones this time?

Edit: Thanks Hasney for the additional info!

A remakeof a show they used to do on GT. There were two incarnations, but the basics are that they review trailers.

Trailer Score where they used to review one trailer and score it: https://youtu.be/zIUtUfsw3Gg

A weekly show called Let's All Go To The Trailers where they score some and talk aboiut the trailers of the week: https://youtu.be/BJ7t_JQ4OZk

Not sure which it would be based on, but I'd bet on the latter.

EDIT: It will be the latter weekly show and to answer Budi, other allies will be involved

Trailer Jones - Brandon will return to his quest to make the world a better place for trailers, and recruit the rest of the Allies to the cause. Our Patrons will pick the trailers, and we’ll score them in a weekly show covering the most noteworthy media on the web.

Cool thanks. Will look at some :)

Budi

Cool thanks. Will look at some :)

This was a premium episode! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzjeEuNljLk

It's really funny when they talk about that killing monsters part and Blood said he wants to say something about it but wont. In the game one of the characters made fun of the line, so I'm pretty sure he ment that.

Another thing was Blood saying that the scene isn't in the game,
she finally appears in Blood & Wine expansion. Not in a similar scene though.

Edit: I really didn't remember I cared about Trailer score that much. I usually had it on the background when doing something else. But now going back to watch these, I'm hyped for Trailer Jones!

demu

I wonder if they'll score the trailers on a 10 point scale with decimal points again, or if they'll use their new 5 star system. I really hope the former, cause it's just way funnier.

"I give it a 7."
"Oh, really? I'd give the trailer a 6.7."

edit: I had this thread open for too long it seems.

mishakoz

I wonder if they'll score the trailers on a 10 point scale with decimal points again, or if they'll use their new 5 star system. I really hope the former, cause it's just way funnier.

"I give it a 7."
"Oh, really? I'd give the trailer a 6.7."

edit: I had this thread open for too long it seems.

100 point scale is way funnier.

Kneefoil

In the Thanksgiving Huber Syndrome wheew Huber and Brandon did a Trailer Score, they used the 5 star system, so I'm guessing that's what they'll use. Kyle might fight for the same 100 point scale they used at GT. He seems to prefer that scoring system seeing as that's how he rates Dumb Game Monday games, and that's what he used in his unofficial Trailer Score for CoD:IW.

Personally I like the 5 star system for serious reviews, but for something a bit more casual (maybe even silly) as reviewing trailers, I'd actually prefer the 100 point system.

Fou-Lu

I would love nothing more than the chance to sit on that couch and tell Huber my dream E3 announcement and watch his expressions.

arkon

Finally watching the Hall of Greats stream. Sophie taking Bloodworth's seat after he'd just told Huber he was still sitting there was just perfect timing.

demu

Banjo-Tooie is losing the Fun Game Monday vote.

Jua5Tn9.png

Bahorel

Seems like I'm the only gafer here who is going to the final fantasy panel today since no one answered my earlier post, but hoping to meet both Allies and allies today and going to try to take some photos of them doing their panel etc. I'm strangely nervous, praying lines won't be too long!

Axass

Seems like I'm the only gafer here who is going to the final fantasy panel today since no one answered my earlier post, but hoping to meet both Allies and allies today and going to try to take some photos of them doing their panel etc. I'm strangely nervous, praying lines won't be too long!

Share the photos if you can!

a maybe(?) fun idea for a pre-E3 group stream - just various Allies bringing in their favorite/worst/most infamous E3 press conference moments and watching those together as a group.

That E3 Huber Syndrome did the damn job in getting me hyped for E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom