• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

harmonize

3244905411_1468cf8604_o.gif

Zygarde looks ehhhhh (the concept of him changing appearance when powering up a certain percentage is neat though) but potential megafrog looks dope. But we might not even be getting Charizard X vs Y either now? Bah.

Joqu

I don't even post here that much but anything but I can't just ignore a thread that mentions Sinnoh in its title <3

Do you guys think that Detective Pikachu game is still a thing? Wasn't that supposed to release this year too? Maybe they're saving it for the 20th.
I'm really missing these big Pokémon spin-offs, where's my new Pokémon Ranger anyway? :(

A reason I can think of introducing weaker Zygarde forms is that you'll be able to get and use Zygarde Core early on and power it up throughout the game

*pokes head in*

After the while ID thread thing happened, I decided to check and see my ability to identify every Pokemon by picture. As it turns out, I am really close to remembering them all (names):

Code:
G1	0	151	0.00%
G2	1	100	1.00%
G3	0	135	0.00%
G4	1	107	0.93%
G5	12	156	7.69%
G6	6	72	8.33%
Total	20	721	2.77%
So as it turns out, I can recall 97% of names, with a picture. The ones I missed are
Dunsparce, Rampardos, Gigalith, Scolipede, Basculin, Krokorok, Sigilyph, Emolga, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Tynamo, Bouffalant, Mandibuzz, Heatmor, Spewpa, Pyroar, Swirlix, Carbink, Gourgeist, and Avalugg
. OF those, I always forget about
Dunsparce

Some of the ones I remember took me a long time, though - the names will come to me when I'm doing something else. Others I remember in chains - I remember the 4 trade evos of G1 as a group, all early bugs/birds as a group. When I can't remember, I recollect my playthrough of each game, as well as gym leader teams.

In any case, I need practice :p

harmonize

A reason I can think of introducing weaker Zygarde forms is that you'll be able to get and use Zygarde Core early on and power it up throughout the game
But if it's central to the game's plot, how would they make sure the player doesn't just deposit it at the very beginning and never power it up?

Do you really want a power struggle against two egotistical stubborn clones? Please :p

yes.gif

Man, it's a great time to be a Pokemon fan, lots of exciting shit. A Pokemon fighting game, an in real life Pokemon MMO, Z version doing completely new stuff for the main series. I can't wait to see what else is in store.

brinstar

I'm just excited that there's finally signs of a new game coming. The break in releases was good I guess, cause now I'm really hungry for a new Pokemon RPG haha

JoeM86

Man, it's a great time to be a Pokemon fan, lots of exciting shit. A Pokemon fighting game, an in real life Pokemon MMO, Z version doing completely new stuff for the main series. I can't wait to see what else is in store.

Yeah, it really is a good time.

If Super Mystery Dungeon didn't exist, it'd be perfect

I can see Mystery Dungeon being a horrible experience if you have to do, like, everything for the purposes of coverage. I like Mystery Dungeon but don't have to play the games like that.

Qurupeke

Gameplay.

Story is great, presentation is great, music is great but the gameplay of Mystery Dungeon games is godawful

Nobody is perfect. :p

I'm not following the game a lot but it seems to be shape up better than Gates of Infiity, which is great for me.

brinstar

I like the mystery dungeon games but I also find them incredibly frustrating. I'm interested in checking out this new one if it features all the Pokemon + Megas.

JoeM86

I can see Mystery Dungeon being a horrible experience if you have to do, like, everything for the purposes of coverage. I like Mystery Dungeon but don't have to play the games like that.

It's not just that. I don't like the idea of spending an hour in a dungeon, only to lose and get nothing whatsoever from it.

That said, I'll be hooking up my Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/SerebiiSPP) up to Super Mystery Dungeon once I've done a bit of it and upload Meowth's Dungeon videos

JoeM86

Talonflame's entrance in the anime was pretty damn cool if it didn't get completely ruined by Moltres a few moments later.

I like that as soon as it became a Talonflame, it just started spamming Brave Bird.

Despite it having Flame Body, that's very true to Talonflame :p

Now, for the new thread...

If you could be a Pokémon, what would you be? And why? :)

I'm way too Noivern right now. Too cute and cool. Also, wyverns.

Xenoboy

I find the Mystery Dungeon games to be as fun as the mainline games. I really like the gameplay.

And when it comes to losing in dungeons, I don't really have any problem with that, but I can see how it bothers some. Some dungeons have checkpoints, where you can save. I don't remember any dungeons that took one hour to beat aside from the optional ones though.

Billyman

Neo Member
Do you guys think Gamefreak plans out their generations? Like maybe this game has been in development since X/Y?

Top Bottom