• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Philippo
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:19 PM)
Philippo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

This could be the start of a cheap porno. Especially since she's very blatantly doing nothing that resembles a mechanic working on a car.




Oh fuck this logic, I'd legitimately rather be a white knight than someone with so much of a lack of critical thinking that I can't see the problem with a character that could unironically be named tits mcgee with no one batting an eye because of how fucking sexist, contradictory, and offputting her character design is that. Cidney, like Quiet, is a character that you cringe at near constantly and calling people especially who have an issue with being pandered to with fap material for a 14 year old white knights is just absolutely stupid.


It's the only scene in the game like this though
.
There's nothing else in the game that sexualizes Cindy.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(12-24-2016, 05:20 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar
Simply amazing how the focus is always the same man. Shame
rhandino
Banned
(12-24-2016, 05:22 PM)

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

She... really isnt.

The only time she was treated 'sexually' is Prompto's crush on her, that's it.

Originally Posted by B-Dex

Nothing about Cindy is as overt as that Quiet gif.







Uguu~
2+2=5
The Amiga Brotherhood
(12-24-2016, 05:24 PM)
2+2=5's Avatar
About Cidney's design you should ask what came first, the design or the fanservice? To be more clear Cidney was designed that way because developers wanted fanservice or fanservice was a consequence of the sexy design? The answer is obvious imo.
MartyStu
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:24 PM)
MartyStu's Avatar

Originally Posted by DiipuSurotu

What about her FFXII designs then?



:p

Man, I love FFXII, but some of the designs in that game are bad enough to make FFX blush.
Dimmle
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:26 PM)
Dimmle's Avatar

Originally Posted by DiipuSurotu

What about her FFXII designs then?



:p

Holy shit, I think I blocked this out of my memory.
vainglorious
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:26 PM)
vainglorious's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crankshaft

Lolwut? Jihl and "developed" should not be used in the same sentence. She shows up a few times and dies like a chump.

That's not entirely true. Jihl is the leader of PSICOM and in an interview Yoshida (who designed Jihl) states that Jihl is responsible for the day to day operations and tactics of PSICOM and was responsible for planning the purge at the beginning of the game. Yaag is her right hand man who carries out her orders. When you're fighting PSICOM during the majority of the game you're fighting Jihl.

She also laid out a trap on the Palamecia for all of the l'Cie and successfully lured them onto the ship by capturing Sazh and Vanille and using them as bait.

Nomura in an interview said he felt that Sazh and Jill should've represented FF13 in Dissidia because of the personal detention of their conflict which we don't get from any other characters.

Jihl is far more developed than someone like Ravus.
R10Neymarfan
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:28 PM)
R10Neymarfan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

This could be the start of a cheap porno. Especially since she's very blatantly doing nothing that resembles a mechanic working on a car.

They already made a parody porno about Cindy in real life. Yes not kidding
FlutterPuffs
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:30 PM)
FlutterPuffs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

This could be the start of a cheap porno. Especially since she's very blatantly doing nothing that resembles a mechanic working on a car.




Oh fuck this logic, I'd legitimately rather be a white knight than someone with so much of a lack of critical thinking that I can't see the problem with a character that could unironically be named tits mcgee with no one batting an eye because of how fucking sexist, contradictory, and offputting her character design is that. Cidney, like Quiet, is a character that you cringe at near constantly and calling people especially who have an issue with being pandered to with fap material for a 14 year old white knights is just absolutely stupid.

Honestly, when those scenes were in play, I focus on the car.

I get what you mean but I wasnt at all fazed by Cindy in the game. She didnt flaunt her sexuality, but the cinematography sometimes did.
DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them
(12-24-2016, 05:30 PM)
DR2K's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mieu

I don't understand the "hate" on Cindy's design.

The fact that she looks like hooker and her outfit is counter productive to her job, which requires she not dress like one. Much less how jarring and obnoxious it is in a world where most everyone has clothing that makes sense to their job.
Crossing Eden
Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
(12-24-2016, 05:32 PM)
Crossing Eden's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

Honestly, when those scenes were in play, I focus on the car.

I get what you mean but I wasnt at all fazed by Cindy in the game. She didnt flaunt her sexuality, but the cinematography sometimes did.

You focus on something that's in less than 1/4th of the frame:
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:32 PM)
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret's Avatar
Gentiana's original role sounded great. She's barely even a character in the final product.
RDreamer
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:34 PM)
RDreamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Gentiana's original role sounded great. She's barely even a character in the final product.

Everyone is barely even a character in the final product.
rhandino
Banned
(12-24-2016, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

You focus on something that's in less than 1/4th of the frame:

Maybe he had this skin:

Brandon F
Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
(12-24-2016, 05:35 PM)
Brandon F's Avatar
Looking at the OP my first thought was that Lightning had a cameo?? I haven't played far enough to be introduced to Aranea yet, but her artwork looks ripped right out of Lightning Returns.
Dimmle
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:35 PM)
Dimmle's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

She didnt flaunt her sexuality, but the cinematography sometimes did.

That's the issue.
FlutterPuffs
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:36 PM)
FlutterPuffs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

You focus on something that's in less than 1/4th of the frame:

Well yeah, I loved customising the car and look at the paint shader, and the engine. What's so weird about that :p

Even my wife commented on how many times I spent customising the car, but she never said a word about Cindy.
Voliko
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:36 PM)
Voliko's Avatar
Ardyn's design is great, kind of reminded me of an Amano design with all the gaudy flowing robes and his hair
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(12-24-2016, 05:36 PM)
Y2Kev's Avatar
Why is Aranea a good design? I don't get that either. She has a skirt thing that, I dunno, exposes her legs (and has a crotch cut out???), a midriff, and a bustier. Is this what passes for good design now?

There's such a dearth of good female characters in this game that people are willing to project onto the one or two into the game these characteristics that feel totally unearned.

Also I am considering people that are like "FUK THE HATERS I <3 CINDY" to be trolls and they will be dealt with accordingly. If you can't explain why you like the design, just don't post.
Alucrid
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:37 PM)
Alucrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

Well yeah, I loved customising the car and look at the paint shader, and the engine. What's so weird about that :p

Even my wife commented on how many times I spent customising the car, but she never said a word about Cindy.

of course not she was too busy looking at the car

Originally Posted by Y2Kev

Why is Aranea a good design? I don't get that either. She has a skirt thing that, I dunno, exposes her legs, a midriff, and a bustier. Is this what passes for good design now?

it reminds me of lightning sama
2+2=5
The Amiga Brotherhood
(12-24-2016, 05:39 PM)
2+2=5's Avatar

Originally Posted by DR2K

The fact that she looks like hooker and her outfit is counter productive to her job, which requires she not dress like one. Much less how jarring and obnoxious it is in a world where most everyone has clothing that makes sense to their job.

I don't want to defend the outfit but is it really counter productive? Aren't skirts and high heels counter productive for every work too? But they are required almost everywhere where there's contact with people to attract male people(let's be honest), beautiful not too covered girls attract people and that means more money so they are productive.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(12-24-2016, 05:41 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Y2Kev

Why is Aranea a good design? I don't get that either. She has a skirt thing that, I dunno, exposes her legs (and has a crotch cut out???), a midriff, and a bustier. Is this what passes for good design now?

There's such a dearth of good female characters in this game that people are willing to project onto the one or two into the game these characteristics that feel totally unearned.

Also I am considering people that are like "FUK THE HATERS I <3 CINDY" to be trolls and they will be dealt with accordingly. If you can't explain why you like the design, just don't post.

Wait why is that so different from the one off terrible design posts?
Dimmle
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:41 PM)
Dimmle's Avatar

Originally Posted by 2+2=5

I don't want to defend the outfit but is it really counter productive? Aren't skirts and high heels counter productive for every work too? But they are required almost everywhere where there's contact with people to attract male people(let's be honest)

what? where? have you heard of pantsuits?
FlutterPuffs
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:41 PM)
FlutterPuffs's Avatar
What's so weird about being more concerned about the Regalia than Cindy? We spend most of our time in the game driving it around. I get it, you guys think Cindy is sexualised, for me I've never felt that way at all.

The car however, is almost always with the player in the game, so I'm more concerned about it than an NPC who appears only at one location.
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(12-24-2016, 05:42 PM)
Y2Kev's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Wait why is that so different from the one off terrible design posts?

Because "fuck the haters" is clearly meant to get a rise out of people discussing why she's a disgusting, porn-level design whose sole purpose is to titillate male players.
Adaren
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:43 PM)
Adaren's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

Honestly, when those scenes were in play, I focus on the car.

I get what you mean but I wasnt at all fazed by Cindy in the game. She didnt flaunt her sexuality, but the cinematography sometimes did.

The car is hardly in the scene half the time!
Alucrid
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:43 PM)
Alucrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

What's so weird about being more concerned about the Regalia than Cindy? We spend most of our time in the game driving it around. I get it, you guys think Cindy is sexualised, for me I've never felt that way at all.

The car however, is almost always with the player in the game, so I'm more concerned about it than an NPC who appears only at one location.

we don't think, she is. unless her ass tan lines are meant to tell us something about her character that i didn't pick up on
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(12-24-2016, 05:44 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Y2Kev

Because "fuck the haters" is clearly meant to get a rise out of people discussing why she's a disgusting, porn-level design whose sole purpose is to titillate male players.

Cidny wasn't even mentioned by the guy tho every thread about characters from this series turns into a Cindy shit fling. Nd nothing is ever said about that. Is it ok because the majority in here dont seem to like it so that gets a past as well

Edit: you know what apologis it's the holidays I don't wanna argue about cidney again I'll leave the thread.
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(12-24-2016, 05:46 PM)
Y2Kev's Avatar
He designed Cindy, so of course a thread about the guy who designed Cindy is going to have people complaining about his Cindy design.

I don't think it's wrong to like the Cindy design. Well, maybe a little, since it offers tacit approval to developers that this is OK to include. But like I don't think you should feel bad for feeling how a game CLEARLY wants you to feel.

But yeah, I mean, it's awful and makes no sense and all the females in this game are bad.

Edit: And yes her name should have been Cidney

Or maybe Sydney

That's more of a porn name

Sydnee?

Sydnie?

Sydknee?
MartyStu
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:47 PM)
MartyStu's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

Honestly, when those scenes were in play, I focus on the car.

I get what you mean but I wasnt at all fazed by Cindy in the game. She didnt flaunt her sexuality, but the cinematography sometimes did.

That would have been infinitely better.
FlutterPuffs
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:47 PM)
FlutterPuffs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Y2Kev

Because "fuck the haters" is clearly meant to get a rise out of people discussing why she's a disgusting, porn-level design whose sole purpose is to titillate male players.

Thing is, a lot of females in RPGs are. What I dont get is the absolute hate for an NPC when in other games you can get party members who dresses equally as bad.

Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(12-24-2016, 05:48 PM)
Y2Kev's Avatar
I hate Cindy's design and I hate Ashe's design. It is not befitting of a queen. Or really anyone I guess!
2+2=5
The Amiga Brotherhood
(12-24-2016, 05:48 PM)
2+2=5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dimmle

what? where? have you heard of pantsuits?

Hey it's not my fault if some shops have assistants with skirts and high heels!
MCD
Junior Member
(12-24-2016, 05:48 PM)
MCD's Avatar
There is a male character showing his abs throughout the whole game. Don't see the big deal with Cindy here showing some skin.
Last edited by MCD; 12-24-2016 at 05:52 PM.
SolVanderlyn
Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
(12-24-2016, 05:50 PM)
SolVanderlyn's Avatar
Umbra was supposed to be a ninja who could turn into a dog?

And now it's just a dog.

We were robbed of the best character
Alucrid
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:50 PM)
Alucrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by 2+2=5

Hey it's not my faults if some shops have assistants with skirts and high heels for example!

mmm i don't know what shops you go to. in fact recently the only store i remember where an associate was wearing a skirt and shoes with high heels was a clothing store that carried like 75% women's clothing. and that's not even due to a mandate since the SAs can pretty much wear whatever they want.
Arkeband
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:50 PM)
Arkeband's Avatar

Originally Posted by rhandino

Maybe he had this skin:

If it makes anyone feel any better, Square Enix still hasn't sent out this ridiculous skin from Carbuncle Surprise, so maybe they're ashamed of their words and deeds.

When the Cindy scene appeared where her ass is to the camera and she's doing nondescript work on the car, my wife said out loud "oh for fuck's sake" so I'm going to err on the side of "it was gratuitous".
Dimmle
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:50 PM)
Dimmle's Avatar
I'm not defending the denim abdomen cover (?????) but Ashe never bent over a car while being undressed by the camera. The female characters of XII and XIII are clearly treated differently and more respectfully than XV's.
MartyStu
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:50 PM)
MartyStu's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

Thing is, a lot of females in RPGs are. What I dont get is the absolute hate for an NPC when in other games you can get party members who dresses equally as bad.

A) - Design not as bad
B) - The game and camera does not go out of its way to overly sexualize her
C) - She HAS gotten her share of disapprovals
D) - Conversation on the nature of how media treats women is much more expansive now than it was back then
Crossing Eden
Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
(12-24-2016, 05:51 PM)
Crossing Eden's Avatar

Originally Posted by rhandino

Maybe he had this skin:

Lol, honestly the acting direction for her mocap actress is just as ridiculous as the outfit.
Last edited by Crossing Eden; 12-24-2016 at 05:53 PM.
FlutterPuffs
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:51 PM)
FlutterPuffs's Avatar
and it's not like Cindy is the worst FF NPC design in terms of sexuality. I mean LOOK AT THIS

Neff
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:52 PM)
Neff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Y2Kev

Because "fuck the haters" is clearly meant to get a rise out of people discussing why she's a disgusting, porn-level design whose sole purpose is to titillate male players.

I can assure you there are people out there who aren't in a perpetual state of arousal who think Cindy's design is actually really cool.
Alucrid
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:53 PM)
Alucrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

and it's not like Cindy is the worst FF NPC design in terms of sexuality. I mean LOOK AT THIS

if you're going to keep up this game of "but this final fantasy game" might as well make one last post and get them all over with because they all have some shit designs
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(12-24-2016, 05:53 PM)
Y2Kev's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neff

I can assure you there are people out there who aren't in a perpetual state of arousal who think Cindy's design is actually really cool.

Good. Let's talk about it.
MartyStu
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:54 PM)
MartyStu's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

and it's not like Cindy is the worst FF NPC design in terms of sexuality. I mean LOOK AT THIS

So your argument is that we should not criticize her design in a thread about her character designer because there are other offenders elsewhere in the series?
Adaren
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:55 PM)
Adaren's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

Lol, honestly the acting direction for her mocap actress is just as ridiculous as the outfit.

Aranea's mocap is even worse.

You can tell she's a seasoned commander by the way she bends over and shakes her jugs during casual conversation!
SolVanderlyn
Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
(12-24-2016, 05:58 PM)
SolVanderlyn's Avatar
I think Tifa is a mort apt comparison to Cindy than Ashe



It's so similar (in how sexualized it is) in almost every way.
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(12-24-2016, 05:59 PM)
Y2Kev's Avatar
They even added shots of her tits to the US version.
Crossing Eden
Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
(12-24-2016, 05:59 PM)
Crossing Eden's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlutterPuffs

and it's not like Cindy is the worst FF NPC design in terms of sexuality. I mean LOOK AT THIS

Christ that engine was crying by the time they made Lightning Returns. It's weird seeing the visuals get perpetually worse.

Originally Posted by Neff

I can assure you there are people out there who aren't in a perpetual state of arousal who think Cindy's design is actually really cool.

I'd genuinely like to know what's supposed to be good about it, because as a design it doesn't make any sort of sense in the context that she's a mechanic, or is in an incredibly hot desert area. Hell in the final game she doesn't even wear her goggles at any point, or does anything that actually looks like what a mechanic should be doing. It's only memorable because of how absurdly sexualized the outfit and thus her as a character is.
B-Dex
Member
(12-24-2016, 05:59 PM)
B-Dex's Avatar

Originally Posted by rhandino







Uguu~

She's not intentionally showing her breasts to the camera or shaking her butt at the camera. She is detailing a car in a skimpy outfit. Quiet literally turns back and gives a look like yeah I know.

Thread Tools