• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

alstein

I'd want this as DLC

DLC Setsuka model to replace EX Pat.
DLC Cassie model to replace EX Pyrr.
Talim
Zalsalamel
New Style Bangoo
New Style Korean sword female (Mina/Hwang/Yun hybrid)

I'd pay $30 for the whole package.

Monocle

This game's pace is brilliant. The fast movement, the guard breaking that encourages offensive play...everything's so much better than it was in SC3 and SC4.

If I read the OP right, you can't parry (or whatever it's called) by hitting forward or back and guard? You hit an attack button when they attack?

This game's pace is brilliant. The fast movement, the guard breaking that encourages offensive play...everything's so much better than it was is SC3 and SC4.
+Non shitty frames, horizontal/vertical/step triangle working properly, JUST GUARD...and that doesn't even get into the meter mechanics.

Google translated DLC Tracklist:

AFTERGLOW-A SILENT PRAYER SCBD
BRAVELY FOLK SONG SE The theme of Cervantes
THE WIND AND CLOUDS SE The theme of Mitsurugi
HORANGI ARIRANG SE The theme of the fan
SOUL AND SWORD SE The theme of Siegfried
WORLD ATLAS COLLAPSED SE Soul Edge Theme
DUELISTS SC1 The theme of Mitsurugi
THE CURSED IMAGE SC1 Waterfall Theme
CHASING DOWNSTREAM SC1 Theme of Yoshimitsu
WING OF FAITH SC1 Theme Sofitia
UNBLESSED SOUL SC1 The theme of Ivy
BRAVE SWORD, BRAVER SOUL SC2 Mitsurugi, Taki theme
HUBRIS SC2 Shanfa theme of Kiriku
RAISE THY SWORD SC2 The theme of Nightmare
GUIDED BY WIND SC2 The theme of the Tarim
CONFRONTATION SC2 Charade Theme
EPHEMERAL DREAM SC3 Snow Flower Theme
COURAGE ABLAZE SC3 The theme of Cassandra
ENDLESS WARFARE SC3 The theme of Raphael
TIME MARCHES ON SC3 Theme Zasarameru
FORESAKEN SANCTUARY SC3 Mitsurugi, Siegfried theme
HALCYON HARBOR SC4 Sailor's paradise
THANATOS SC4 Special big boss battle
PHANTASMAGORIA SC4 Tent illusion
DESTINY WILL TELL SC4 Encounter Tower of Memories
INFERNAL OFFERING SC4 Kunpetoku dream temple ruins

yes!!!!!! confrontation made it in. easily the best song on the sc2 soundtrack.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Right, and that'll parry anything. What about Just Guards, though? Are they not similar to the parries from the old games?
Not really. Just Guards have no special animations and don't induce a special state like GI stun. There's just a flash if you're successful and you reduce the blockstun/pushback of an attack. Similar to Instant Blocking/Just Defending from Blazblue and Guilty Gear, if you're familiar with those games.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Do we have any info on how the story mode is set up? I want SC1&2 style story mission achievement levels :(

DrDogg

Is defense not as strong as it used to be or do these player not know how to block?

The players racking up the wins have been playing the game for weeks/months. The players who are losing have been playing for about an hour.

d0c_zaius

401160_347941291890994_100000253773284_1278918_1988082335_n.jpg

my troll version of Voldo.

Overall I'm kind of impressed with the character editor. I just hope it gets/unlocks more parts and options.

and I just realized that I've been playing this whole time without installing the game. Load times must not be that bad.

d0c_zaius

Haha, nice.

Thanks! Although I'm hoping I can unlock more gimp/goofy stuff as this was the most demented I could make Voldo.

Btw ps3 ver has install? How big?

comes out to 2153 mb for total SC5 gamedata

Apparently playing Quick Battle and Arcade mode unlocks more parts and weapons, Other modes too probably.

oh ok thanks! I guess I know what I'm doing today. I'm still missing some characters and stage unlocks too.

totally. Unfortunately you can't edit the name if you just mod a character.

Other random bits of info:

- some section of the body can only hold 2 stickers, other 4
- you can make up to 50 characters
- you can customize their voice with pitch and tone
- custom weapon trail colors

As long as the options don't break anything, I could see this being real time sink. I love my SP story modes, but I'm starting to accept the focus being switched to aspects that have a longer shelf life than a "one run through per character" story.

Also, selecting Quick Battle lets you pick from 4 opponents, some of which are others created characters. This is cool.

Killiks move set seems to be selectable by itself as well, same as Devil Jins. I guess they split up the edgemasters into genders so that people would have a more likely chance of playing the move set they wanted from a smaller pool of choices.

Keasar

Swedish game magazine Level just gave the game a 9 in score. Quite a favorable review from what I am reading.

+ Battles have a higher tempo and sharper controls then ever before.
- Story-mode's dialogues are in class of the worst kind of amatuer theaters.
! Character creation mode lets you customize your character to minimal details.
? Will the games balance hold over time with the changes to the parry system?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Missing out imo.

I played 2's story mode to death and would love to have that again.I will only play online with a friend who wont buy it for another year, too. So I can wait if there isnt SP content I want to play.

Aeonin

Dat Saitho Asta vs Yoshi match. Close calls all around!

I love those whole stage color changes on those guard breaks.

Someones chat comment made me lol:

"Why can't I hold all these parfaits!"

Note: Its cool to learn French this way.

Top Bottom