• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Wailing soul seems bad. Do you really need the extra silence when that will kill any buffed minions you have?

it destroys freeze mage, just did work with deathlord out of barnes in first game on ladder with what i made. idk if its ideal but its def fun.

first game in ladd and it did srs work
vJs114R.png

pqz6pfJ.png

u really only use the buffs for a serious YOLO play anyway since innerfire is the strong win condition

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
it destroys freeze mage, just did work with deathlord out of barnes in first game on ladder with what i made. idk if its ideal but its def fun.

first game in ladd and it did srs work
http://i.imgur.com/vJs114R.png[/IM
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pqz6pfJ.png[/IM

u really only use the buffs for a serious YOLO play anyway since innerfire is the strong win condition[/QUOTE]

I imagine you don't run faceless shambler right?

I imagine you don't run faceless shambler right?

i only own one, i figure that's kind of the ideal amount anyway, hitting one on razorleaf or something would be good (a lil anti synergy but it's annoying as all hell to face sometimes so i think i like one) but yeah with the wailings i wouldn't want two. i really can't wait to run into a nova/doomsayer from a freezemage and make them shit their pants tho.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I can't believe I'm saying this.. but I made it, I finally made it.

got an amazing winstreak yesterday and got to rank 1, then earlier today got an abysmal lose streak until I was 1 game away from falling to rank 3, then I somehow made another huge winstreak with just 1 lose in between and got to legend.

I don't think I'll ever bother again with getting to legend, but oh boy it was an experience.
Nice job.

I can't believe I'm saying this.. but I made it, I finally made it.

got an amazing winstreak yesterday and got to rank 1, then earlier today got an abysmal lose streak until I was 1 game away from falling to rank 3, then I somehow made another huge winstreak with just 1 lose in between and got to legend.

I don't think I'll ever bother again with getting to legend, but oh boy it was an experience.

Congrats man. Now you can sit back play for the enjoyment instead of the grind. At least for a few more days ;)

Which of those decks did you have the most success with when making the final push?

wiibomb

Congrats man. Now you can sit back play for the enjoyment instead of the grind. At least for a few more days ;)

Which of those decks did you have the most success with when making the final push?

I made the push from rank 4 to legend with a different version of pirate warrior, I replaced the naga corsairs with bittertide hydras, they work perfect in current meta since mages don't know how to deal with them most of the times and paladins usually don't have many answers to them. I also added a golakka crawler for the mirror match, but most of the times I used my own patches to boost it, since a 4 health minion isn't so easy to deal with.

on climbing I used a normal version of PW with naga corsair and a bloodsail corsair, but I realized the naga wasn't doing almost any work and my bloodsail corsair was often a dead draw. I also used the token druid, but not for much since I don't know how to exactly pilot it on such high ranks before I was board cleared.

I think this is the first time I actually put time for an aggro deck, so I had to switch all my board control mentality I always had, that actually costed me a lot of days of deranking

EDIT: also, no leeroy from me, I managed fine with reckless rocketeer since I was using it often for trading

Mulgrok

Got enough dust to craft the new Elise card so I changed my Kazakus mage deck. It still needs improvement, like swapping out something for arcane giant, probably. Doing very well with it , but against priest/control/taunt warrior games take forever and quite a bit of skill.

EDIT: Forgot to change the name to Kazakus, because Reno is rotated out of standard.
EDIT2: been playing it from ranks 11-9.

Zakalwe

Banned
Finally finished my Sherazin Miracle Rogue. Current decklist being:

2x Backstab
1x Counterfeit Coin
2x Prep
1x Cold Blood
2x Hallucination
1x Patches
2x Swashburgler
2x Eviscerate
2x Razorpetal
2x Sap
1x Edwin
1x Fan of Knives
1x mimic Pod
2x SI:7
1x Sherazin
1x Xaril
1x Burgly Bully
1x Leeroy
2x Vilespine
2x Auctioneer

--

I'm pretty certain the current meta is full of counters for this deck. So many taunts, silences/secrets, and wide spread token rushes that often you have to make really inefficient plays to clear.

Biding time till you find lethal or a great combo often means the enemy has time to taunt, secret, or spew minions to the point the miracles apsect of this deck feels pretty useless.

Of course, I could just suck with it (my current overall W/R is 49%), and this season is the first time I played MR, but it does feel like things are heavily stacked against it right now.

--

I made it from 15-5 mostly with Mid Range Paladin with Murlocs, but I swapped to this at rank checkpoints. It was rare I scored a win streak, but when I did the rush was pretty good.

Even if it's not the best deck right now it's probably the most fun for me. I'm glad I crafted it, can't wait for the meta where this gets to shine.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Currently on a nice little streak with dragon priest. Feels pretty strong when you get to play four drak ops.

I still need to craft Elise. Have Lyra and she rocks.

Zakalwe

Banned
Currently on a nice little streak with dragon priest. Feels pretty strong when you get to play four drak ops.

I still need to craft Elise. Have Lyra and she rocks.

The frequency Priests pull Ops is almost as frustrating as Mages pulling 4-5 IBs.

I get some satisfaction back when I pull Tirion, Wickerflame, or Tarim from Stonehill (which has a ridiculous frequency too) of course, but these two still rank as two of my biggest frustrations to play against.

Tacitus_

Because you can't devolve it. Just like you can't devolve an arcane giant or molten giant.

Yeah, I knew that the minion stayed the same, but I didn't realize that it would keep its buffs. I just watched it happen on Starladder and costing someone a game because they roped thinking "what the fuck just happened" and didn't play their turn properly.

Grief.exe

I found one that looks like the win condition is pumping up your Ysera for a big hit. Has a really good win rate for the past week too, but not too many games recorded.

VCdUYXz.png

ZZMitch

Just hit legend for the second time ever with my own homemade NZoth Shaman deck!

Feels good when you can make a competitive deck thats all your own.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I found one that looks like the win condition is pumping up your Ysera for a big hit. Has a really good win rate for the past week too, but not too many games recorded.

https://i.imgur.com/VCdUYXz.png

weird deck. I don't think I've ever seen a dragon deck that does Inner Fire stuff. I mean it makes sense since you've got Twilight Drakes and such that can get upwards of 6-8HP and that's well inside DS/DS/IF territory.

manhack

haha no worries thanks! went on a nice 4 game win streak to get it so wasn't expecting it to happen that quick tonight

I really think this shows how good this meta is right now. In past metas I used to be able to climb with just about any deck. Even Shaman when it was the worst class in the game. The Shaman/Warrior meta ruined that a bit.

I still get annoyed by this meta sometimes and I don't have time to play like I used to, but a good player can climb quickly with off the wall decks instead of being forced into 3 of the tier 1 decks of the season.

I have insane win-rates on my F2P accounts where i've made my own decks with whatever I could scrounge together.

Grief.exe

weird deck. I don't think I've ever seen a dragon deck that does Inner Fire stuff. I mean it makes sense since you've got Twilight Drakes and such that can get upwards of 6-8HP and that's well inside DS/DS/IF territory.

I thought the same thing, all the other Dragon Priest decks are getting value out of Lyra and Elise to secure the win.

sibarraz

Banned
Need tips for jade druid, I always feel like I'm screwing up the mulligan, and get to greedy with combos that I never end playing

Every time I get to the rank 15 boss I lose. Every. Flipping. Time. Just lost my 5th rank 15 boss this month and it's a joke. I can't stand it.

I get a tough matchup and poor draw every time without fail.

I don't know how you guys do it.

wiibomb

Every time I get to the rank 15 boss I lose. Every. Flipping. Time. Just lost my 5th rank 15 boss this month and it's a joke. I can't stand it.

The same happened to me to the rank 5 boss, it is very common.

Also, know that these days are the hardest of the month because they are the last of the season and people try to push for rank floors the hardest since a lot are late.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Boring yes. Not good? Absolutely wrong. Quest warrior is insanely consistent
The rigid nature of the deck is also a heavy shackle. Some matchups are frankly nearly unwinnable for Quest or Control Warrior. Midrange Paladin, Jade Druid, and Quest Rogue are so brutally punishing that the Warrior player needs some kind of miracle to win the matchups. I cannot tell if this is intentional but these high/infinite value decks that Blizzard implemented heavily punish control players, and they are emerging more and more on ladder. The "power" of Taunt Warrior is almost entirely reliant on people playing decks that lose to it. The mid/low tier decks face lots of rock/paper/scissors matchups right now, while the top tier decks have swift early game tempo and enough board flood to mostly overcome hard counters.

Miletius

Got to 5 with purify priest of all things this season. I think that Blizzard must have purposefully decided to try to make purify good somehow, and this is the result that we got.

Loving the meta right now. HS is in the best shape it's ever been.

I think the key is sticking to a deck, the first time I made five was with secret hunter that was a tier 3 deck, just keep playing it and eventually you hit win streaks.

Top Bottom