• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

A quick look back at the sales for high-profile games launched on Steam in April 2017. A shitload of them this month. No big seller however.

Great/Good
Bayonetta - 144,371 ± 11,211
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III - 135,945 ±10,879 (still early)
Outlast 2 - 101,561 ± 9,403 (still early)
Slime-san - 99,739 ± 9,319
Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator - 86,076 ± 8,657
Yooka-Laylee - 67,403 ± 7,661
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition - 40,533 ± 5,941
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 - 40,078 ± 5,907 (still early)
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality - 20,267 ± 4,201 (VR game)

Decent
Syberia 3 - 21,861 ± 4,363
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - 20,267 ± 4,201
Everything - 18,673 ± 4,032
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition - 15,940 ± 3,725
Full Throttle Remastered - 15,257 ± 3,645
LEGO City Undercover - 15,029 ± 3,617
Flinthook - 12,297 ± 3,272
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition - 12,297 ± 3,272

Bad/Bomba
Cosmic Star Heroine - 7,970 ± 2,634
The Sexy Brutale - 6,831 ± 2,439
Deformers - 6,831 ± 2,439
What Remains of Edith Finch - 5,010 ± 2,088 (kinda early)
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - 2,277 ± 1,408
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity - 2,049 ± 1,336
Voodoo Vince: Remastered - 1,822 ± 1,259
The Disney Afternoon Collection - 1,822 ± 1,259

Too early to tell
Little Nightmares - 25,049 ± 4,670
Expeditions: Viking - 8,750 ± 3,235
BlazBlue Centralfiction - 8,198 ± 2,672
Batman: Arkham VR - 6,148 ± 2,314
DRAGON QUEST HEROES II - 4,782 ± 2,040
de Blob - 1,078 ± 1,218

zkylon

zkylewd
sexy brutale having low sales is disappointing, that game looks rad

i bet that game'll have legs tho, it's a matter of them surviving long enough to make a profit

Where were you when the anime genocide struck

The upper right.

xQM8WnW.jpg

yuraya

Damn the year is flying by.

We are only like 6 weeks away from E3 week.
Like 8-10 weeks away from Summer sale. Maybe even more soon than that.

septicore

Damn, already the month of May and I'm still playing Zelda BOTW but almost done with it, just tackling some of the left over sidequests before go charge into the castle.

Hopefully, I can get back to gaming on my PC soon, too many good games have been released on Steam lately.

Arminsc

God, this year is going so fast! And so much good stuff coming out!
I was thinking about getting Prey, but after the fuckup that was Dishonored 2 I think I'll wait for a bit. Hope we are wrong and it turns out it gets a decent PC version, but that's not very likely.

Durante

I'll reply to this from the other thread, because I feel quite strongly about it.

There's a lot of comments about hos Atlus is backwards in Japan because they won't release Persona on PC. Perhaps there's more to it than that?
Atlus is the only company which ever released a region-locked retail PS3 game.

Atlus is a niche JRPG company which violently opposed to dual audio in their JRPGs until 2016.

Atlus Is a company which disabled screenshots and took down video streams of their game in 2017.

Are you sure you want to make an argument that Atlus is not ass-backwards?

I'll reply to this from the other thread, because I feel quite strongly about it.

Atlus is the only company which ever released a region-locked retail PS3 game.

Atlus is a niche JRPG company which violently opposed to dual audio in their JRPGs until 2016.

Atlus Is a company which disabled screenshots and took down video streams of their game in 2017.

Are you sure you want to make an argument that Atlus is not ass-backwards?

I love Atlus' games but as a company they suck to be perfectly honest. And not just because their games aren't on PC.

Vamphuntr

No Trails in the Sky the 3rd in the OP T.T

Can't wait for Prey mostly for my morbid curiosity after Dishonored 2 and the lack of a PC demo. Will Arkane release another technical disaster? I hope not.

Nier probably hit 300K

Owners: 298,767 ± 15,399

Though with that price hike in Asia it is probably hurting its chances to go higher.

Injustice 2 tho

Where's my fucking PC Warner I want my fucking Swamp Thing

I'd rather they release it late and in good condition than getting a repeat of the Mortal Kombat X situation.

ehh nothing too hot coming out on steam in may i guess. Which i don't mind actually, gives me time to beat persona 5 and then go hop back to nier(which i still regret buying since itll probably be on sale by the time i get back to it)

Arminsc

Even if it's a decent port the game will most likely be subpar.

Arkane behind Dark Messiah, Dishonored:

bU8yxJU.png

Arkane behind Prey:

rjz7qyy.png

wow, didn't know they were such a small studio nowadays. But that doesn't justify the quality of the ports they put out. If they can't do a quality port themselves they should hire someone else to do it. I definitely think they are not hurting saleswise as to justify not spending a bit more on a good port.

FLD

wow, didn't know they were such a small studio nowadays.

Those are two different teams. Prey is being made by Arkane Texas while the Dishonored team is in France. From what I understand, they worked together on the original Dishonored but separately for Dishonored 2 and Prey.

pislit

no date for nba playgrounds on PC? or am i the only jock interested in this thread full of anime nerds. loljk.

sudden strike 4 looks like trash, but im gonna buy it anyway lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
There are 19 people in that Prey picture. You fucking telling me those 19 people are the Prey team? Why the fuck is that 60$?

Battlechili

Banned
Nier probably hit 300K

Owners: 298,767 ± 15,399

Though with that price hike in Asia it is probably hurting its chances to go higher.
That's extremely close to overtaking Lightning Returns in sales! And that game has been on Steam a lot longer! (and has been on sale) This is fantastic!

Arminsc

Those are two different teams. Prey is being made by Arkane Texas while the Dishonored team is in France. From what I understand, they worked together on the original Dishonored but separately for Dishonored 2 and Prey.

Ahh, I see. Well, we'll see how it goes, but I'm guessing that it's going to be better to get it after some months and with a decent discount.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Vanquish on PC will be announced before this new thread is over.

giphy.gif

Going by how long it took last time we'll be lucky if it's announced before this year is over.

Aaron D.

Yea, new thread!

Barring some unknowns dropping in May, my most anticipated release is the latest update for The Long Dark landing next week.

Dino month.

I'm eager to check this Her-Story-like game called The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker:

Release date: May 19. Price: £7 / $9 / €9.
Wow, somehow I missed that this and World To The West were coming out this month

fenners

Even if it's a decent port the game will most likely be subpar.

Arkane behind Prey:

rjz7qyy.png

Eh? I'm utterly unsure of what you're trying to say with those two pics. That's obviously an old picture of Arkane Austin, Harvey Smith's not been there in years (he's in the other studio), and the team's obviously bigger. It makes little sense to use it as evidence of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom